Custom Truck Tailgates
In fact, tailgates are considered to be multipurpose, which means that people tend to sit on them, lean on them, put heavy equipment on them, or even use them as workbenches. Add to that the fact that you may even occasionally slam your tailgate shut and it is easy to see why after a while all the abuse inevitably ends up taking its toll and the tailgate itself may need to be replaced.
On CARiD, you are welcome to look through an extensive selection of replacement tailgates you could desire. You will also find a whole host of related accessories and replacement parts as well, including things such as tailgate nets, locks, and steps constructed of heavy-duty materials for long-lasting service. Besides, all parts are easy to use and won't break the bank.
We aim to provide our customers with the finest Custom Truck Tailgates the industry can offer, which is why we accept no compromise when it comes to the quality. Created by the most reputable names in the industry, such as Dee Zee, Husky, Custom Flow the Custom Truck Tailgates we've gathered for you feature precise design and everlasting durability.
Granted sometimes it's possible to repair most of the damage to your existing tailgate, but that option is only going to be available for so long. Many tailgates tend to rust at the bottom due to bad drainage, and the corrosion coupled with other damage that has been inflicted over time is probably going to end up too severe to be easily rectified. It is better to not wait until the tailgate completely gives way, but begin to consider replacing it after it starts to get worn out.
The most important thing about replacing your tailgate however is ensuring that the part you choose to replace it with is identical to the original equipment (OE) dimensions. Make no mistake, it isn't enough to find one that more or less fits – when it comes to tailgates, the fit needs to be perfect or you could very well find that installing it is an absolute nightmare. After all, if it is too small, then it won't cover the rear of your truck bed and anything you stash there may fall out the back. Similarly, if it is too big, you'll need to cut and shape it down to size!
One of the biggest problems with buying replacement tailgates is balancing quality with price. Generally, OE tailgates tend to be fairly expensive but on the other hand, non-OE tailgates may not have the right dimensions. To add to your dilemma, cheaper OE tailgates may even turn out to be really second-hand parts. In short, there's a lot of risk when buying a tailgate from an unknown source and you could end up getting ripped off if you don't know exactly what you're looking for or how to spot used tailgates.
Although it may be tempting to look for tailgates from overseas that are ridiculously cheap, it is often better not to as well. In the long run, you'll undoubtedly end up paying more to hire a professional and cut as well as shape a tailgate that doesn't fit than you would have saved on the cheaper part in the first place. Assuming you're able to find an OE tailgate that is of good quality, it should be fairly easy to install. That being said, to avoid any unnecessary complications, you may want to take it to a workshop anyway.
- Bed Mats & LinersPrevent Damage & Skidding Cargo
- Bed RailsBed Rail Protection And Style
- Tool BoxesSecure & Organized Tool Storage
- Headache RacksShields For Truck Cabs
- Bed RacksCarry More Cargo Overhead
- Bed CapsProtect Your Truck Bed Rails
- Bed SlidesMakes Loading & Unloading Easy
- Bed ExtendersSafely Haul Lengthy Cargo
- Bed BarsAggressive Style And Protection
- Truck CapsBed Enclosures For Every Purpose
- Fuel Transfer TanksTransport Fuel Safely And Easily
- TailgatesWhen Stock Won’t Do
- Tailgate NetsRetain Cargo Without Drag
- Loading RampsLift Heavy Objects With Ease
- Truck Bed StepsFor Easier Access To Your Truck Bed
- Tailgate AssistsLowers Tailgate Smoothly
- Tailgate LocksSafeguard Your Truck Bed
- Bed OrganizersCreate Places For Your Stuff
- Cargo Nets & Tie-DownsSafe Cargo Transportation
- Tailgate SealsBlock Dust And The Elements
- Truck Bed LightsAdd Visibility In The Truck Bed
- Tailgate Light BarsCustomize Your Exterior Lighting
- Cargo CranesFor Safe & Easy Load Carrying
| Posted by Chris | (Peoria, AZ)
Quality tailgate and highly recommend. Fits perfect and good hard finish. Came with new cables also and is half the weight of the factory tailgate.
- Popular Tailgates Part Numbers
- Husky Liners® 15240 - 5th Wheel Tailgate
- Husky Liners® 15248 - Back Up Camera Mount
- Dee Zee® DZ95721 - Silver Louvered Flow-Thru Tailgate
- Dee Zee® DZ95730 - Silver Louvered Flow-Thru Tailgate
- Street Scene® 950-61131 - Tailgate Handle Relocator
- Husky Liners® 15340 - 5th Wheel Tailgate
- Husky Liners® 15130 - 5th Wheel Tailgate
- Husky Liners® 15138 - Back Up Camera Mount