Anyone who owns a pickup has had the tailgate slip out of their hand and come crashing down, especially with an armful of gear to load. Besides the irritating noise, a heavy unrestrained tailgate could also cause personal injury, and repeated dropping could damage the tailgate and related mechanisms. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to unlatch your tailgate with one hand and have it slowly ease open? Now you can with a Tailgate Assist.
Tailgate Assist is a shock absorber that safely controls the rate that your tailgate drops. Instead of slamming down with a thud, with a tailgate assist your tailgate will open at a gradual rate once unlatched. A tailgate assist will allow you to easily handle a heavy tailgate, even with an armful of cargo. The shock absorber dampens movement in one direction only, and will not provide any resistance to closing the tailgate.
Installation of the tailgate assist takes only minutes, and requires no drilling or permanent modifications to your truck. The tailgate assist dampener installs on the driver’s side, and works in conjunction with your factory tailgate cables. Each tailgate assist is designed for the specific year, make, and model pickup, so you can be assured of perfect fit, function, and easy installation. Complete, detailed, step-by-step instructions and all necessary hardware are included with every tailgate assist. Tailgate assists have been extensively tested to ensure you get many years of reliable service.
Pickup trucks aren’t the only vehicles with tailgate issues. On some late model Jeep Wranglers, the tailgate can accidently swing closed on a windy day or if the vehicle isn’t parked on level ground, creating obvious problems when loading and unloading cargo. Instead of propping the tailgate open, there are better solutions. We offer both a tailgate assist kit and a tailgate stop. While each is a different solution, either will allow you to have better control of your tailgate, so it stays open when needed, and won’t overextend and become damaged.
The tailgate assist for the Jeep Wrangler uses a shock absorber that allows the tailgate to both open smoothly and prevent accidental closing. It comes with detailed, step-by-step installation instructions and all necessary mounting hardware. Installation requires drilling. The billet aluminum tailgate stop mounts to the tailgate and includes a slider with friction knob that slides inside the stop assembly. When the tailgate is open, just position the slide against the body and tighten the knob to keep the tailgate open. It too comes with instructions and hardware, and requires drilling for installation.
- (238)Bed BarsAggressive Style And Protection
- (834)Bed CapsProtect Your Truck Bed Rails
- (134)Bed ExtendersSafely Haul Lengthy Cargo
- (458)Bed Mats & LinersPrevent Damage & Skidding Cargo
- (178)Bed OrganizersCreate Places For Your Stuff
- (669)Bed RacksCarry More Cargo Overhead
- (819)Bed RailsBed Rail Protection And Style
- (471)Bed SlidesMakes Loading & Unloading Easy
- (19)Cargo Nets & Tie-DownsSafe Cargo Transportation
- (1,684)Fuel Transfer TanksTransport Fuel Safely And Easily
- (1,145)Headache RacksShields For Truck Cabs
- (11)Loading RampsLift Heavy Objects With Ease
- (349)Tailgate LocksSafeguard Your Truck Bed
- (7)Tailgate NetsRetain Cargo Without Drag
- (9)Tailgate SealsBlock Dust And The Elements
- (106)Truck Bed StepsFor Easier Access To Your Truck Bed
- (144)TailgatesWhen Stock Won’t Do
- (35)Truck CapsBed Enclosures For Every Purpose
- (6,672)Tool BoxesSecure & Organized Tool Storage
- (30)Tailgate Light BarsCustomize Your Exterior Lighting
- (7)Truck Bed LightsAdd Visibility In The Truck Bed
- (2)Truck BedsBuilt tough to haul big loads
- (124)Truck Lift GatesHydraulic & Rail Lift Gates