- SUMITOMO® HTR P01HTR P01 All Season / Performance Tires by Sumitomo®. On wet roads or dry, in heat or cold, through light snow or driving rain, the last thing drivers want to worry about is the performance of their tires. With that in mind,...$53.00 - $102.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® TOURING LSTOURING LS All Season / Performance Tires by Sumitomo®. Get traction and performance you can count on regardless of the weather with the all-new Sumitomo Touring LS T/H/V. With a smooth ride, minimal road noise, and extended tread...$64.00 - $122.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR T4HTR T4 All Season / Performance Tires by Sumitomo®. Designed for small cars, the five rib pattern improves performance and anti-aquaplaning capabilities. Super computer designed tread pattern achieves well-balanced performance...$80.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR Z IIIHTR Z III Summer / Performance Tires by Sumitomo®. The HTRZ III offers maximum performance across a range of conditions. Combining euro performance with street tuner appeal, the HTRZ III delivers enhanced wet and dry traction,...$84.00 - $268.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR Z IIHTR Z II Summer / Performance Tires by Sumitomo®. Sumitomo's HTR Z II series tire is an ultra high performance summer tire. The aggressively designed HTR Z II delivers extraordinary performance in either wet or dry conditions, on...$85.00 - $178.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR SPORT H/PHTR SPORT H/P All Season / Performance Tires by Sumitomo®. This tire is engineered for quiet, comfortable, and stable ride. It is designed for the plus sized look, load requirements for SUVs and Light Trucks, passenger car ride,...$130.00 - $299.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR ZHTR Z Summer / Performance Tires by Sumitomo®. Advanced silica tread compound of this tire enhances traction for wet conditions and maintains superb dry road performance levels. The HTR Z is designed for optimal balance and...$130.00 - $183.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR P02HTR P02 All Season / Performance Tires by Sumitomo®. This tire delivers it all - the intensity of exceptionally crisp, high-speed handling and responsiveness, the stability of superior all-season traction, the durability of...$68.00 - $155.00 (ea)
With a reputation for quality and leading-edge technology, Sumitomo Tire is a premium tire brand offering a unique mix of quality and value. Sumitomo is the export brand of Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., one of the largest tire manufacturers in the world. Within the tire industry, Sumitomo enjoys a well-earned reputation for innovative design, precision engineering, and superior quality. Sumitomo is backed by the reputation and resources of the Sumitomo Group, one of the most influential business groups in the world.
Sumitomo's personality, found in the products and the daily operations of Sumitomo Tire, is shaped by a company history extending more than 350 years. The history of Sumitomo dates back to the early 17th century, when Masatomo Sumitomo (1585-1652) opened a book and medicine shop in Kyoto. Later in life, he created his Founder's Precepts, which laid out his business philosophy. The Sumitomo Business Principles, stressing integrity and sound management, were originally based on Masatomo's Precepts and have been a central force shaping the spirit of each Sumitomo company for more than 350 years. Today, Sumitomo is acknowledged as one of Japan's leading business groups. In the U.S., Sumitomo had established a company called Treadways in 1985 to conduct wholesale business of the "SUMITOMO" brand and other private label tires.
Sumitomo Corporation of America (SCOA) brings a global perspective to today's business opportunities as the largest subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation (SC), one of Japan's major integrated trading and investment business enterprises. Established in 1952 and headquartered in New York City, SCOA has offices throughout the Americas, and is an investor and business partner in more than 75 subsidiary and affiliate companies. SCOA has grown rapidly through its six business groups and six corporate groups. Sumitomo offers a full range of high quality medium truck tires.
SCOA is an integrated global trading company with diversified investments in businesses involved in manufacturing and marketing of consumer products, providing financing for customers and suppliers, coordination and operation of urban and industrial infrastructure products, providing transportation and logistics services, developing natural resources, distribution of steel and other products, and developing and managing real estate. SCOA has operations in a wide array of businesses, organized into six industry focused segments, namely Tubular Products, Steel and Non-Ferrous Metals, Machinery and Power, Chemicals and Electronics, Living Related Business, and Mineral Resources and Energy. In 1985, SCOA established Treadways as a business dedicated to importing and selling Sumitomo brand tires. As the business grew, Treadways soon established itself as a specialized tire marketing company.
There is a lot of information on the sidewall of a tire. Typically, you'll find UTQG ratings for treadwear, traction and temperature, the size of the tire, the load rating index number with a speed rating index, the construction type (bias or radial), the D.O.T. compliance code, and construction details. On some tires used as original equipment, you may also find a marking that indicates its OE status.