- SUMITOMO® HTR P01HTR P01 Tires by Sumitomo®. Season: All Season. Type: Performance. On wet roads or dry, in heat or cold, through light snow or driving rain, the last thing drivers want to worry about is the performance of their tires. With that in...Five-rib directional pattern is optimally arranged for quick and direct steering responseFour wide grooves evacuate water from the center footprint to enhance wet performance$53.00 - $102.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR P02HTR P02 Tires by Sumitomo®. Season: All Season. Type: Performance. This tire delivers it all - the intensity of exceptionally crisp, high-speed handling and responsiveness, the stability of superior all-season traction, the...Stylish and progressive design for exceptionally crisp, high-speed handling and responsivenessMulti-functional asymmetric design provides maximum wet, dry and winter-weather grip$70.00 - $159.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR SPORT H/PHTR SPORT H/P Tires by Sumitomo®. Season: All Season. Type: Performance, Truck / SUV. This tire is engineered for quiet, comfortable, and stable ride. It is designed for the plus sized look, load requirements for SUVs and Light...Designed for the plus sized look, load requirements for SUVs and Light Trucks, passenger car ride, and sports car performanceTwin reversible sidewall designs -smooth sidewall for clean shiny appearance or stylish serration style sidewall for more decorative look$131.00 - $293.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR T4HTR T4 Tires by Sumitomo®. Season: All Season. Type: Performance. Designed for small cars, the five rib pattern improves performance and anti-aquaplaning capabilities. Super computer designed tread pattern achieves well-balanced...Multi Radius Tread Profile – Provides uniform contact pressure providing improved treadwear and tractionFine Grained Carbon Tread Compound – Provides all season capability yet durable long tread life$81.00 - $86.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR ZHTR Z Tires by Sumitomo®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. Advanced silica tread compound of this tire enhances traction for wet conditions and maintains superb dry road performance levels. The HTR Z is designed for optimal...Excellent handling at high speeds and superb wet and dry tractionV-Shaped Directional Tread – Quickly disperses water providing superb wet grip and traction$129.00 - $183.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR Z IIHTR Z II Tires by Sumitomo®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. Sumitomo's HTR Z II series tire is an ultra high performance summer tire. The aggressively designed HTR Z II delivers extraordinary performance in either wet or dry...Offers Ultimate Grip and Handling in Wet or Dry ConditionsCombines Compounds Composed of Ultra Micro Carbon Technology and Silica Based Rubber Engineering - Improving wet and dry traction$85.00 - $177.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® HTR Z IIIHTR Z III Tires by Sumitomo®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The HTRZ III offers maximum performance across a range of conditions. Combining euro performance with street tuner appeal, the HTRZ III delivers enhanced wet and dry...Five rib asymmetric tread pattern merges cornering with straight line stabilityLong lateral grooves evacuate water from the center of the footprint$87.00 - $297.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® TOURING LSTOURING LS Tires by Sumitomo®. Season: All Season. Type: Performance. Get traction and performance you can count on regardless of the weather with the all-new Sumitomo Touring LS T/H/V. With a smooth ride, minimal road noise, and...Designed to take the higher speed ratings of today's high performance luxury sedans and touring vehiclesMore rigid sidewall improves cornering$61.00 - $119.00 (ea)
- SUMITOMO® TOURING LXTOURING LX Tires by Sumitomo®. Season: All Season. Type: Truck / SUV. Get traction and performance you can count on regardless of the weather with the all-new Sumitomo Touring LS T/H/V. With a smooth ride, minimal road noise, and...Designed to take the higher speed ratings of today's high performance luxury sedans and touring vehiclesMore rigid sidewall improves cornering$118.00 (ea)
With a reputation for quality and leading-edge technology, Sumitomo Tire is a premium tire brand offering a unique mix of quality and value. Sumitomo is the export brand of Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., one of the largest tire manufacturers in the world. Within the tire industry, Sumitomo enjoys a well-earned reputation for innovative design, precision engineering, and superior quality. Sumitomo is backed by the reputation and resources of the Sumitomo Group, one of the most influential business groups in the world.
Sumitomo's personality, found in the products and the daily operations of Sumitomo Tire, is shaped by a company history extending more than 350 years. The history of Sumitomo dates back to the early 17th century, when Masatomo Sumitomo (1585-1652) opened a book and medicine shop in Kyoto. Later in life, he created his Founder's Precepts, which laid out his business philosophy. The Sumitomo Business Principles, stressing integrity and sound management, were originally based on Masatomo's Precepts and have been a central force shaping the spirit of each Sumitomo company for more than 350 years. Today, Sumitomo is acknowledged as one of Japan's leading business groups. In the U.S., Sumitomo had established a company called Treadways in 1985 to conduct wholesale business of the "SUMITOMO" brand and other private label tires.
Sumitomo Corporation of America (SCOA) brings a global perspective to today's business opportunities as the largest subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation (SC), one of Japan's major integrated trading and investment business enterprises. Established in 1952 and headquartered in New York City, SCOA has offices throughout the Americas, and is an investor and business partner in more than 75 subsidiary and affiliate companies. SCOA has grown rapidly through its six business groups and six corporate groups. Sumitomo offers a full range of high quality medium truck tires.
SCOA is an integrated global trading company with diversified investments in businesses involved in manufacturing and marketing of consumer products, providing financing for customers and suppliers, coordination and operation of urban and industrial infrastructure products, providing transportation and logistics services, developing natural resources, distribution of steel and other products, and developing and managing real estate. SCOA has operations in a wide array of businesses, organized into six industry focused segments, namely Tubular Products, Steel and Non-Ferrous Metals, Machinery and Power, Chemicals and Electronics, Living Related Business, and Mineral Resources and Energy. In 1985, SCOA established Treadways as a business dedicated to importing and selling Sumitomo brand tires. As the business grew, Treadways soon established itself as a specialized tire marketing company.
There is a lot of information on the sidewall of a tire. Typically, you'll find UTQG ratings for treadwear, traction and temperature, the size of the tire, the load rating index number with a speed rating index, the construction type (bias or radial), the D.O.T. compliance code, and construction details. On some tires used as original equipment, you may also find a marking that indicates its OE status.