Universal Bike Lock and Tilt Hanging Hitch Rack by SportRack®. The Tilt Hanging Hitch Rack may be the easiest to use hitch mount bike rack ever made. Just secure the carrier in your Class II rated hitch with the “no wobble” threaded hitch pin, position the bikes in the rubber cushioned channels and secure the top plates with the knobs, and you’re ready to drive! This carrier is designed for bikes with oversized top tubes, up to 2 ½” in diameter, and it tilts down for access to the rear of the vehicle. The Tilt Hanging Hitch Rack is available in models that can carry up to 3 bikes, and up to 4 bikes.
- No-Wobble hitch pin attaches the rack to hitch receiver for a stable hold
- Bikes attach easily to the rack and rubber padding protects the finish
- Tilts down for rear vehicle access
- Includes locks to secure the bike to the rack and rack to the vehicle
- Available in models that carry up to 3 bikes, and up to 4 bikes
- Maximum weight capacity for 3-bike carrier: 132 lbs.
- Maximum weight capacity for 4-bike carrier: 180 lbs.
- Maximum single bike weight capacity: 45 lbs.
- Carrier secures to hitch receiver with “no wobble” threaded hitch pin that prevents rack sway
- Fits 1 ¼” receiver and 2” receiver with included adapter
- Hitch must have a minimum Class II rating
- Bike frames rest on rubber extrusions to protect finish
- Bike frame secured to carrier with top plates and knobs
- Designed to handle bikes with oversized top tubes (2 ½” or less in diameter)
- Easily tilts down for access to rear of vehicle
- Locking knob available to secure bikes to hitch (sold separately)
- Locking hitch pin available to secure carrier to vehicle (sold separately)
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
The Bike Lock and Tilt Hanging Hitch Rack is aptly named because it doesn’t take much to install and load this carrier before you can drive away. The carrier can be installed to 1 ¼” or 2” receivers, just make sure that the receiver has a minimum Class II rating. The carrier can be directly installed in a 1 ¼” receiver, but a 2” receiver requires use of the included adapter. To prevent rack sway, the carrier is secured to the hitch receiver with a “no wobble” threaded hitch pin. To prevent theft, a locking hitch pin can be installed (sold separately).
Once the carrier is installed, it takes just a few minutes to mount the bikes. The Bike Lock and Tilt Hanging Hitch Rack is designed for bikes with oversized top tubes, up to 2 ½” in diameter. The horizontal frame tube of each bike is supported by an ample rubber extrusion to protect the bikes finish, then the bikes are secured to the carrier with rubber clad top plates and knobs, no tools required. To secure the bikes to the carrier, a lockable knob is available (sold separately).
When you need to open the hatch,trunk or tailgate, most hitch mounted carriers are in the way, but not the Bike Lock and Tilt Hanging Hitch Rack. If you need gear from the rear of your vehicle, just remove the clip, pull the pin, and let the carrier tilt down. It’s recommended that the carrier not be tilted with bikes installed. The Bike Lock and Tilt Hanging Hitch Rack comes with complete instructions detailing installation and bike mounting. It’s backed by a limited lifetime warranty, which applies to the original purchaser of the product, and warrants the product against manufacturer’s defects in materials or workmanship.119.44 132.56
Brand: SportRack Part Numbers:
SportRack® designs and manufactures racks and carrier systems that enable people with active lifestyles to transport their cargo and recreational equipment on their vehicle. The company is located in Granby, Quebec, Canada, and was started in 1980 manufacturing ski racks for the automotive retail industry. SportRack was acquired by cargo/recreational equipment carrier industry giant Thule in 2006, however the company’s focus on “easy on/easy off” products has continued to this day. SportRack’s range of products includes roof rack systems, and roof mounted cargo boxes, bike, watercraft, and snowsport carriers, hitch and trunk/hatch mount bike carriers, and accessories. True to the company’s philosophy, SportRack carriers are easy to mount, easy to load, and will deliver safe, secure, and economical transport for all your recreational gear.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)