- Simple, economical rooftop kayak transport
- Versatile, accommodates 16”-24” kayak hull widths
- Fits, Thule, SportRack, round, factory racks, and bare roofs
- 6” closed cell foam support blocks are durable and easy on vehicle and watercraft finish
- Non-skid surface on foam blocks prevent movement on vehicle
- Oval aluminum bars prevent vehicle contact and steady foam
- 2 blue polypropylene straps and chromate buckles provide a strong, secure attachment of the foam blocks to the roof
- 2 red polypropylene straps and chromate buckles to secure the kayak to blocks
- Specially designed straps, with hooks, are provided to secure the kayak bow and stern to the front and rear of the vehicle
- Comes with detailed instructions
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
Outdoor sports can be an expensive form of recreation, especially watersports where you have the high cost of the kayak, along with all the necessary related equipment. Why pay more than you need to just to transport your boat to the water? SportRack has this simple and uncomplicated, easy to load carrier that will get your craft to the water and back home again, on the roof of your vehicle, without stretching your wallet.
The basic building blocks for this carrier are the 4 durable 6” closed cell foam support blocks. These blocks are strong and solid enough to provide support for your kayak, but won’t damage the vehicle or watercraft finish. The roof side has a non-skid surface to prevent movement when used on a bare roof, plus the blocks are also cut out for use on Thule, SportRack, round, and factory racks. In addition, 2 oval aluminum bars are included to fit the cutouts, to stabilize the foam when used on a bare roof, and prevent contact with the vehicle. The foam blocks can be positioned at different spacing on the bars (16”-24”) to accommodate a full range of kayak widths.
Once in position, the carrier is secured to the roof with sturdy blue polypropylene straps with chromate buckles. The straps are run through the centers of the oval bars and then through the tops of the door openings so they can be secured inside the vehicle. The kayak is secured to the carrier bars with sturdy red polypropylene straps. For stability, specially designed straps, along with hooks, are provided to tie the bow and stern of the watercraft to the front and rear of the vehicle.
The SportRack Ultimate Adjustable Kayak Carrier comes with instructions detailing how to mount the carrier and kayak on your vehicle. The limited lifetime warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product, and warrants the product against manufacturer’s defects in materials or workmanship.41.16Brand: SportRack Part Number: SR5527 UPC: 770527906214
SportRack® designs and manufactures racks and carrier systems that enable people with active lifestyles to transport their cargo and recreational equipment on their vehicle. The company is located in Granby, Quebec, Canada, and was started in 1980 manufacturing ski racks for the automotive retail industry. SportRack was acquired by cargo/recreational equipment carrier industry giant Thule in 2006, however the company’s focus on “easy on/easy off” products has continued to this day. SportRack’s range of products includes roof rack systems, and roof mounted cargo boxes, bike, watercraft, and snowsport carriers, hitch and trunk/hatch mount bike carriers, and accessories. True to the company’s philosophy, SportRack carriers are easy to mount, easy to load, and will deliver safe, secure, and economical transport for all your recreational gear.
Vehicle Fitment This part is universal
Year Make Model Fitment Note ALL ALL ALL This part is universal
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)