Universal 2-Bike Tilting Platform Hitch Rack by SportRack®. This carrier offers the convenience and ease of loading of a platform hitch rack at a great value, and its adjustability enables it to carry a wide range of bike styles. The sliding wheel cradles can accommodate virtually all wheelbases and tire widths, and the adjustable rubberized frame hooks make securing your bikes as simple as can be. The Hitch Platform Bike Carrier can carry up to 2 bikes and fits 1 ¼” and 2” receivers.
- Fits a wide range of bikes, including girl’s bikes, kid’s bikes, BMX bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, etc.
- Carries 2 bikes with a maximum weight of 90 lbs.
- Maximum single bike weight capacity is 45 lbs.
- Fits 1 ¼” receiver and 2” receiver with included adapter
- Carrier secures to hitch receiver with “no wobble” threaded hitch pin that prevents rack sway
- Low height of platform makes hoisting bikes into position effortless
- Wheel cradles slide independently along tube to accommodate different wheelbases and to eliminate bike-to-bike contact
- Center post’s rubberized frame hooks move independently to secure each bike quickly and easily
- Rubberized hooks won’t damage bike finish
- Wheel straps secure wheels to cradles
- Center post tilts down for access to rear of vehicle
- Platform can be folded up and stored when not in use
- Comes with everything needed for installation, including instructions and locks
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
It’s not often that a bike carrier with so many features is offered at such a great price, but SportRack has done it with the Hitch Platform Bike Carrier. This carrier’s low platform makes raising your bikes into position virtually effortless, and securing them couldn’t be easier. Just rest each wheel inside the cradles. The cradles can be adjusted to suit different wheelbase bikes just by loosening the knobs and moving the cradles along the tube. Loosen the rubberized frame hook knob on the center post and push the frame hook down to firmly grab the frame, then tighten the knob. The rubber padding on the hook won’t damage the bike finish. Secure the wheels to the trays with the Velcro wheel straps and you’re ready to roll.
With the Hitch Platform Bike Carrier, you’ll be able to carry everything from kid’s bikes to road bikes to mountain bikes. Each of the hooks on the center post can be positioned independently, as can the wheel cradles, so you can carry different size and design bikes at the same time. The Hitch Platform Bike Carrier can carry up to 2 bikes with a maximum weight of 90 lbs. or a single bike with a maximum weight of 45 lbs. The carrier can be directly installed in a 1 ¼” receiver, but a 2” receiver requires use of the included adapter. To prevent rack sway, the carrier is secured to the hitch receiver with a “no wobble” threaded hitch pin. To prevent theft, a locking hitch pin can be installed (sold separately).
When you need to open the hatch, trunk or tailgate, most hitch mounted carriers are in the way, but not this one. If you need gear from the rear of your vehicle, just remove the clip, pull the pin, and let the center post tilt down. When not in use, both wheel cradle tubes can be folded up for compact storage.
An optional cable lock is available to lock the bikes to the carrier. The cable lock is also available in a kit that includes the optional locking hitch pin. The Hitch Platform Bike Carrier comes with instructions detailing how to mount the carrier on your vehicle, and how to mount bikes to the carrier. The limited lifetime warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product, and warrants the product against manufacturer’s defects in materials or workmanship.
Brand: SportRack Part Numbers:
SportRack® designs and manufactures racks and carrier systems that enable people with active lifestyles to transport their cargo and recreational equipment on their vehicle. The company is located in Granby, Quebec, Canada, and was started in 1980 manufacturing ski racks for the automotive retail industry. SportRack was acquired by cargo/recreational equipment carrier industry giant Thule in 2006, however the company’s focus on “easy on/easy off” products has continued to this day. SportRack’s range of products includes roof rack systems, and roof mounted cargo boxes, bike, watercraft, and snowsport carriers, hitch and trunk/hatch mount bike carriers, and accessories. True to the company’s philosophy, SportRack carriers are easy to mount, easy to load, and will deliver safe, secure, and economical transport for all your recreational gear.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)