Take a look and see why the Snow Performance Boost Cooler™ is your best choice in water/methanol injection:
1. Engineering – Each system has been designed and tested by engineers to ensure reliability and robustness. The Boost Cooler™ will do what it should do for a long time. No failure-prone brass, or rubber, is used, and the Snow Performance component flow rates are calculated and specified to work with each other. Snow Performance pumps are designed with exclusive features to ensure reliability and strength.
2. Digital Variable Controllers For Different Applications – Not just boost actuated, Snow Performance has specially designed controllers for each vehicle/application to ensure maximum power. Snow Performance has 7 different control systems, and they are each specifically mapped and designed for their applications. Unlike the others, most of Snow Performance controllers feature true 2D maps facilitating the most correct injection and power under all conditions for the most advanced systems available.
Competitor "C" claims to have controllers that inject on a 2-dimensional map. Unfortunately, that is very misleading because it only injects according to one signal with a threshold, or on/off point, according to another signal. Using that threshold point is only possible if, and only if, you download their software onto your computer, connect your computer to the controller, and make adjustments to the on/off point that way. If you want to change that set point, you have to connect to the computer again, etc. Hardly easy to use or adjust, and only one dimensional in the delivery.
Diesel competitors have introduced water injection kits that fall terribly short of the quality and function that any customer should expect. All of Snow Performance's diesel system designed for the street include a digital controller that progressively varies the amount of water/methanol injected according to either boost or boost and EGTs. All Snow Performance Diesel Systems feature at least two operational nozzles, as diesels simply demand larger injection volumes than the typical gasoline application.
Competitor "Purple" uses a stepped injection to start with one nozzle, add a second, and then add a third. What this means to the customer is that it is not an accurate injection at all - do your diesel injectors inject full blast or do they vary the amount of fuel they are injecting for changing conditions? Snow Performance varies the amount of fluid being injected to match what the engine needs. Competitor "Purple's" staged injection means it won't provide a smooth power increase and won't be the correct amount injected over even a narrow range of RPMs and load so it will be impossible to get maximum cooling and power increase.
To adjust any of Snow Performance's systems, all it requires is a simple dial or push button adjustment. The kit from Competitor "Purple" requires that wires be cut or connected - not easy to do (or undo) and not a progressive adjustment like a dial.
So, what is 2-dimensional injection management?
Snow Performance's 2D mapped progressive controllers are a TRUE two dimensional system meaning if either input signal goes up or down, they vary the injection quantity by increasing or decreasing the injection rate. Snow Performance's Stage 2D Boost Cooler for Mitsubishi vehicles (#20009) injects variably according to boost and variably according to the MAF sensor signal. So, for a given amount of boost, say 10 psi, if there is a small amount of airflow, they will inject less than if there is a great amount of airflow. Likewise, for a given amount of airflow, if the boost is higher they will inject more than if the boost is low. Varying injection according to both input signals is what makes a map 2-dimensional and more correct than the delivery of the Competitor "C" kit.
Snow Performance's Stage 3 Diesel Boost Cooler kits are also truly 2-dimensional, injecting variably according to both boost pressure and EGTs. That allows for the most accurate injection while towing or even just cruising around, resulting in smoother power than the Competitor "C" 1-dimensional and threshold type of delivery or the Competitor "Purple" staged injection system. Snow's controller has a master adjustment to change the delivery aggressiveness - no need to hook up to a computer or download anything - it can be done on the fly, very quickly and easily. It can also be switched from 2-dimensional boost and EGT mapping to just boost mapping for a more responsive injection when racing or sled pulling - with just a flip of a switch! No computer hookups and no wire cutting. Easier to use, less expensive, and better performing.
3. High Pressure/ High Volume Pumps – Snow Performance's pumps are specially designed exclusively for Snow Performance to deliver higher pressures and reliability. Features include: higher pressure, integrated check valve, and thermal protection for safety. Each pump is pre-tested and designed to work with methanol unlike some of the others that use off-the-shelf agricultural pumps.
4. Unsurpassed Atomization – Along with higher pressures, Snow Performance nozzles are specially designed to spin the fluid supersonically before forcing through a venture-shaped orifice for the best atomization available. Better atomization means more power and cooling. These nozzles are also specially machined to the company's specs for ease of installation and clear spray pattern.
5. Warranty – Life time warranty available. Even the standard warranty is a full 1 year. Snow backs its systems with the industry leading warranties. Compare this to the others limited warranty.
6. Safety – Snow Performance's new SafeInjection™ (patent pending) is the ultimate in safety for even the most aggressively tuned applications. This ensures worry-free power in even the most demanding racing applications as well as full power on the street.
7. Proven Performance – All the systems are backed with dyno data proven by numerous magazine articles and more World Records than anyone. Buy the same kit the pros and championship race teams use – buy the Boost Cooler™.
8. Complete Kit – When you buy a Boost Cooler™, you get a complete kit right down to the reservoir and sealant. Also, Snow Performance has more kits for specific applications than anyone. Eliminate the guess work - get a kit for your vehicle complete with installation instructions that include vehicle specific photos and performance backed-up with dyno charts.