3" Nerf Steps by Smittybilt®, 1 Pair. These are the most advanced, highest capacity, easiest to install steps on the market today. The 3" main bar extends wheel-to-wheel and has an innovative 4 step drop down design with cleated step plates – ideal for lifted trucks. They have a 445 lb. weight rating, the highest in the industry, and come as fully welded one-piece units ready to install, with no brackets to assemble. Available in your choice of high gloss black powdercoated carbon steel or highly polished stainless steel, these bars come with mounting hardware and detailed installation instructions. Some applications require drilling.
- Provides helpful step when getting in and out of cab
- Particularly useful on lifted trucks
- State-of-the-art design and high-gloss black or polished stainless finish will enhance appearance
- 3" diameter 0.084" wall thickness main tube extends wheel-to-wheel
- Drop steps feature welded step plate that won't crack or break
- Step plates are cleated for traction
- 445 lb. weight capacity – the highest in the industry
- Fully welded one-piece units ready for installation with 3/16" brackets
- No assembly needed, no brackets to install
- No modifications needed on trucks with a body lift
- Comes with hardware and instructions for a bolt-on installation
- Installation requires drilling on some applications
- Available in highly polished 304 marine-grade stainless steel or high-gloss powdercoated black carbon steel
- Limited 5-year warranty on powdercoated steps
- Limited lifetime warranty on stainless steel steps
There are a lot of side steps on the market, so why should you buy Smittybilt? Let's start with function. Smittybilt positions the drop down steps right where they belong and designs them to give you plenty of foot room and the most assist into and out of the cab, even on lifted trucks. The welded step plate won't crack or break and each features a cleated step for traction, so you won't slip off even with muddy boots. Each step is a fully welded unit ready to install right out of the box. You won't have to assemble anything or fiddle with separate brackets. And these steps are rated to hold up to 445 lbs., the highest in the industry.
Now let's talk style. Each set of Nerf Steps is custom designed for the application, for the best fit and appearance. The 3" diameter 0.084" wall thickness tubes extend wheel-to-wheel with curved ends, for the most consistent look, and the welds on the drop steps are ground down and smoothed for a finished look. Carbon steel steps are powdercoated high-gloss black and the 304 marine-grade stainless steel steps are polished to a mirror finish.
Nerf Steps come with hardware and detailed instructions for installation, which is made much easier thanks to the already welded on 3/16" heavy-duty brackets. Some applications require drilling for installation. Powdercoated steps are covered by a limited 5-year warranty, while stainless steel steps are covered by a limited lifetime warranty. Both warranties provide coverage against defects in materials and workmanship.
SmittyBilt®, located in Compton, California, is the leader in the off-road parts and accessories market because they were there at its inception. Founder Basil Smith, also known as "Smitty", was one of the original Southern California 4WD enthusiasts. He started a business called Rock-ett Products, making specialized equipment for trucks and Jeeps, in his garage/machine shop in 1956. Smitty's son Tom began working at Rock-ett at an early age and became head of the ever-expanding enterprise when it became Smittybilt in the 1970s. Under Tom's leadership, the company created innovative products like the original "Nerf Bar" side step, and tubular front and rear bumpers for Jeeps. Today, thanks to their continued involvement in off-roading at all levels of the staff, which enables them to keep abreast of the latest trends and needs in the off-road market, Smittybilt remains the industry leader with a selection of over 2000 different products for trucks and SUVs.