Smart is a world-known manufacturer of microcars, located in Germany and owned by Daimler AG. The idea of developing a small two-seater for city use dates back to the early 1970s, when this project was worked on by Mercedes. It became known as Swatch. Decades later, in 1994, the Smart brand was established by Daimler AG and four years later, in 1998, the first Smart vehicle was unveiled to customers. It was developed collectively by Daimler and Volkswagen group and was inspired with Swatch. So no wonder that the Smart nameplate is derived from Swatch Mercedes ART.
If used on bumpy roads or with the increased mileage on the dashboard, Smart might require the repair of its suspension system. If that is the case and you are shopping for new shocks or control arms, suspension bushings or ball joints, you are welcome to check out our Smart assortment. In the online selection of Smart Car suspension parts you will certainly find everything to fix or maintain your German microcar. We ensure superb quality backed by leading automotive brands, such as Moog and Centric Parts, Sachs and Dorman.
- Bilstein® B4 Series Replacement Shocks and StrutsB4 Series Replacement Shocks and Struts by Bilstein®. BILSTEIN has a legendary reputation for providing original equipment components to many of the world’s finest vehicle manufacturers. The BILSTEIN B4 Series provides the same...Constant damping characteristics under any loadConsistent performance and handling give the vehicle a new car feel every time$33.42 - $592.24
- Sachs® Super Touring™ Shock & StrutSuper Touring™ Shock & Strut by Sachs®.SACHS shock absorbers distinguish themselves through original equipment quality and innovative technology. They provide performance and dynamics, ensuring perfect road grip and cornering...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located$26.55 - $629.04
- MOOG® R-Series Control ArmR-Series Control Arm by MOOG®. Replace your worn or damaged bushings with stronger and longer-lasting bushings from MOOG that effectively absorb substantial loads and are less prone to splitting or cracking with age than your stock...Restore handling and enable proper alignmentReduce noise$17.83 - $1,108.18
- Beck Arnley® Suspension LinksSway Bar Link by Beck Arnley®. For one hundred years, Beck/Arnley has been providing premium OE quality parts for vehicles. Beginning with motorcycle parts in 1914 and transitioning to import vehicles in the 1950’s, brand...OE quality products from top original equipmentTop quality materials$7.88 - $127.67
- Mevotech® Control ArmsControl Arms by Mevotech®. Designed to increase friction amount between the tire and road surface for an effective steering ability and better handling, this control arm provides firm connection point between the body of the...Eliminates uneven steering, squeaking noise, and excessive tire wearAllocates vehicle body weight to the tire for vehicle stability and alignment$8.42 - $245.26
- Mevotech® Lateral LinksLateral Links by Mevotech®. Don’t just repair or replace worn components – bolster them with Mevotech parts. Put through rigorous testing that goes above and beyond the industry standards, Mevotech replacement parts ensure...Built to match or go beyond OE standardsDirect replacement$8.42 - $190.16
- Beck Arnley® Suspension ArmsControl Arm by Beck Arnley®. For one hundred years, Beck/Arnley has been providing premium OE quality parts for vehicles. Beginning with motorcycle parts in 1914 and transitioning to import vehicles in the 1950’s, brand...OE quality products from top original equipmentTop quality materials$23.99 - $448.52
- Mevotech® Ball JointsBall Joints by Mevotech®. Experience improved ride comfort and smooth handling with the replacement Mevotech ball joints. They grip the control arm better and guarantee worry-free performance even during sudden turns and...Includes durable higher and lower metal bearings for a smoother and quiet handlingKnurling on the outer housing of the ball joint makes for a better grip with the control arm$8.28 - $101.79
- Dorman® Control ArmControl Arm by Dorman®. If you are searching for a quality control arm, this product is the way to go. Featuring a sturdy construction and quality tested for trouble-free performance, the control arm ensures a smooth ride,...Direct OEM replacementAllows the wheels to lift and descend when hitting bumps or other road imperfections$8.84 - $264.05
- Centric® Stabilizer Bar LinkStabilizer Bar Link by Centric®. The company has one of the industry’s best programs for tracking and cataloging original equipment, and devising quality aftermarket and OE parts for consumers, mechanics and car makers.Intended for a comfortable driving experienceExpertly crafted from premium materials$4.10 - $82.64
- Mevotech® Sway Bar Link KitSway Bar Link Kit by Mevotech®. Stabilizer links transfer weight between the left and right sides of a vehicle. When a vehicle makes a turn, lateral force is applied proportional to the rate of lateral acceleration. Because the...Built to match or go beyond OE standardsDirect replacement$3.22 - $64.86
- MOOG® Sway Bar Link KitSway Bar Link Kit by MOOG®. If you hear noise and are experiencing excessive body roll, you may be in need of sway bar links. This kit is designed to simplify installation and built with several improvements over stock units to...Socket style links feature superior metal bearingsGreasable design for longer life and smooth operation on socket style links$11.41 - $87.31
- MOOG® Sway Bar Bushing KitSway Bar Bushing Kit by MOOG®. Replace your worn or damaged bushings with stronger and longer-lasting bushings from MOOG that effectively absorb substantial loads and are less prone to splitting or cracking with age than your stock...Restore handling and enable proper alignmentReduce noise$3.12 - $42.26
- KYB® Strut BellowsStrut Bellows by KYB®. These bellows provide effective protection from dirt and moisture by covering the entire piston rod of KYB struts. The bellows are made of resilient accordion-pleat rubber and include a new polyfoam...Keep leak-causing contaminants away from polished strut shaftProtect upper seal and bushing$11.22 - $29.43
- Rein® Shock and Strut Mount ComponentsShock and Strut Mount Components by Rein®. Does your luxury car ride like an old buckboard wagon? Is your pickup still bouncing long after the bump? If so your suspension is in need of repair, but before you waste your time and gas...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located$5.74 - $86.73
Guides & Articles
- Performance Suspension PartsCoilovers Are Pricey - Why Would I Spend My Money For Them?When first glancing through the Performance Coilover Kits section of our website, you may be put off by some of the prices you see. After all, what are you buying other than a combo set of springs and shocks under some fancy name? Certainly, you ask yourself, can't you purchase springs and shocks separately and monetarily come out ahead?
- Automotive ToolsWhat Special Tools Are Available For Suspension Repair?Seasoned professional automotive technicians often say if you're using too much physical effort during a repair, you're simply not using the right tool. This is true, and a perfect example is repairing and replacing suspension components. If you've ever done this type of work or attempted to do it, you know it can be trickier than merely loosening and tightening bolts.
- Performance Suspension PartsCoil, Leaf, & Torsion Bar | Describing The 3 Different Kinds of SpringsThe springs in your vehicle probably aren't something you think about until there's a problem or you've decided to upgrade suspension parts in the interest of sportier handling. But what specifically do springs do? In short, they play a major role in the safe handling and ride comfort of your vehicle. Not only do they keep a vehicle at a designated standing height, they provide recoil necessary to bounce back after suspension components move up and down over uneven road surfaces. By themselves, springs will continue to bounce up and down for a long time unless a motion damper such as a shock absorber is present to keep things stable. Springs can be soft and extremely bouncy, or they can be stiffer and less bounce-prone.
- Performance Suspension PartsHow Do Shock Absorbers Work?Shock absorbers (also known as "shocks") are the suspension components which slow, then stop, the up-and-down bouncing movement of your vehicle's springs through a process known as dampening. Without shocks to calm things down, springs will continue to extend and release energy they absorb from bumps in the road at an uncontrolled rate - bouncing for a long time until their kinetic energy finally dissipates. Needless to say, this would produce an extremely bouncy ride that would be hard to control over uneven road surfaces.
- Performance Suspension PartsStock vs Performance SuspensionVery often we don't even realize what a crucial role a car's suspension plays in providing a safe and comfortable ride. The system maximizes the friction between the road surface and your vehicle's tires, ensuring steering stability along with responsive handling.
- Performance Suspension PartsShocks Versus Struts: The Big Answers Revealed!Shock absorbers, also known simply as “shocks” (which is what we will call them for the rest of this article), are the suspension components which stop your car or truck from bouncing up and down after hitting a bump. They are a major contributor to your ride comfort and safety.
- Replacement Suspension PartsHow to Inspect Your Suspension SystemThe very first thing to know about timely suspension system diagnosis is that the stability and steering control of your vehicle and, what is more important, your safety on the road depends on how often you make it. Automotive suspension belongs to one of those car systems that are constantly exposed to high loads and thus are prone to wear and tear. Most specialists recommend inspecting suspension system after every 6,500-7,500 miles or when there are any signs of its breakage.
- Performance Suspension PartsHow Low Can You Go?Lowering is high on the list of many people who want to improve the appearance of their car. If you want to lower your car with the coil springs, then replacing them with lowering springs is the way to go. But what if you want to lower your car and also make it handle better? If that’s your goal then consider coil-over shocks.