- (16)Disc Brake PadsSmart Car
- (25)Brake RotorsSmart Car
- (11)OE Repair Brake KitsSmart Car
- (14)Drum Brake ShoesSmart Car
- (16)Brake DrumsSmart Car
- (11)Brake CalipersSmart Car
- (15)Brake Wheel CylindersSmart Car
- (11)Brake Lines & HosesSmart Car
- (5)Brake BoostersSmart Car
- (2)Parking Brake ComponentsSmart Car
- (7)Wheel Hubs, Bearings, SealsSmart Car
- (20)Brake HardwareSmart Car
- (57)Brake Fluids & LubricantsSmart Car
Smart is a German manufacturer of micro cars owned by Daimler AG. An idea of a compact two seater was developed back in the early 70s by Mercedes Benz and is often associated with the Swatch name. The Smart automobile brand was established in 1994. Officially, the nameplate of this German carmaker is stylized in all-lowercase as ‘smart’. The name was derived from the phrase ‘Swatch Mercedes ART’. The first Smart was unveiled to customers in 1988 and was developed by Daimler AG in partnership with Volkswagen Group. Smart models quickly became popular due to low fuel consumption and ease of parking even in tight spaces.
To ensure safe drive of your compact German hatchback, it is important to replace worn out brake pads and maintain the brake system in a timely manner. In case you are shopping for disc brake pads or brake wheel cylinders, brake boosters or brake calipers, you are welcome to check out our online selection. In the catalog of Smart Car brake parts you will find everything you may need to fix or maintain the brake system of your Smart. We ensure top-notch quality of the components by Pronto and Beck Arnley, Centric Parts and Wagner!
- Centric® C-Tek™ Standard Brake RotorC-Tek™ Standard Brake Rotor by Centric®. Manufactured using quality G3000 metallurgy and designed with a non-directional finish, this rotor provides superior braking power, high durability, excellent pedal feel, and quiet...OE style replacement rotorNon-directional finish$12.51 - $158.43
- Centric® Premium Brake RotorPremium Brake Rotor by Centric®. This Centric brake rotor is manufactured using double disc grinding to eliminate taper and run-out, and ensure parallelism for excellent braking performance. The grinding process leaves a...Double disc grinding eliminates run out, provides near perfect disc thickness variation (DTV), and leaves non-directional finish to reduce pad-disc brake-in period100% fully machined finish for better rotor balance$18.58 - $753.48
- Pronto® Brake RotorBrake Rotor by Pronto®. Get maximum stopping power, reduced noise, and smooth, vibration-free braking performance with Pronto disc brake rotors. They’re engineered to high metallurgical standards, precision balanced, and...Built in ISO certified factories to meet or surpass OE requirementsEngineered to high metallurgical standards to ensure ultimate quality, strength, and minimal noise$8.76 - $148.73
- Beck Arnley® TRUE Metal™ Premium Brake RotorTRUE Metal™ Premium Brake Rotor by Beck Arnley®. For one hundred years, Beck/Arnley has been providing premium OE quality parts for vehicles. Beginning with motorcycle parts in 1914 and transitioning to import vehicles in the...It is recommended to use factory hardware for installationOE quality products from top original equipment$22.18 - $200.13
- Beck Arnley® TRUE Metal™ Zimmerman Brake RotorTRUE Metal™ Zimmerman Brake Rotor by Beck Arnley®. For one hundred years, Beck/Arnley has been providing premium OE quality parts for vehicles. Beginning with motorcycle parts in 1914 and transitioning to import vehicles in the...OE quality products from top original equipmentTop quality materials$34.38 - $328.66
- Wagner® Brake RotorBrake Rotor by Wagner®. Wagner Brake premium rotors are engineered, tested and certified to perform safely and effectively on today's vehicles.Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) bag reduces rotor prep & saves installation timeSmooth surface finish provides less pad break-in time$15.61 - $906.82
- Zimmermann® Brake DiscBrake Disc by Zimmermann®. Are your brakes making noise? Is your vehicle’s stopping power not what it used to be? Brake repairs are not something that can be put off, but before you waste your time and gas running out to the auto...$34.53 - $352.16
- Power Stop® Z16 Clean Ride Ceramic Brake PadsZ16 Clean Ride Ceramic Brake Pads by Power Stop®. Power Stop brake pads are engineered for noise free braking with dual rubber backed shims that offer 6 times more noise reduction than plain steel shims. The pad surfaces are...Evolution ceramic low dust formula for superior braking power and cleaner wheelsThe pad surfaces are thermal scorched for a fast break-in$22.94 - $67.39
- Centric® C-Tek™ Metallic Brake PadsC-Tek™ Metallic Brake Pads by Centric®. Designed to provide consistent braking power without brake squealing, groaning, and vibration, these brake pads also produce minimal dust and prolong rotor life. 100% asbestos- and...100% asbestos- and copper-free formulasSemi-metallic compounds for excellent braking performance$8.88 - $62.90
- Centric® Formula 100 Series OEM Brake PadsFormula 100 Series OEM Brake Pads by Centric®. Designed to perfectly fit your vehicle and meet/exceed the exacting standards for OE braking performance, these pads are a true OE formulation, manufactured using OE processes and OE...Application specific friction formula so your vehicle stops the way it was designed to stopDesigned to meet or exceed standards for OE braking performance$27.65 - $1,119.69
- Centric® Posi Quiet™ Premium Semi-Metallic Brake PadsPosi Quiet™ Premium Semi-Metallic Brake Pads by Centric®. These pads are designed to stop the vehicle with minimal noise and dusting. The parts are scorched to accelerate the break-in process and force any impurities out of the...Outstanding wear characteristicsStable friction performance across a wide temperature range$21.31 - $138.89
- Monroe® Total Solution™ Brake PadsDynamics™ Brake Pads by Monroe®. Dynamics Brake Pads utilize Positive Molding Technology. This unique performance-enhancing feature provides denser friction consistency for better stopping performance and reduced noise and dust...$21.22 - $112.80
- Bendix® CQ™ Ceramic Brake PadsCQ™ Ceramic Brake Pads by Bendix®. These ceramic pads are designed to meet OE vehicle specifications for fit, quality, and function while providing smooth, confident braking performance and delivering a quieter braking experience...$29.14 - $61.09
- Beck Arnley® Foreign Branded Brake PadsForeign Branded Brake Pads by Beck Arnley®. For one hundred years, Beck/Arnley has been providing premium OE quality parts for vehicles. Beginning with motorcycle parts in 1914 and transitioning to import vehicles in the 1950’s,...OE quality products from top original equipmentTop quality materials$29.93 - $269.19
- Beck Arnley® TRUE Friction™ OE Material Brake PadsTRUE Friction™ OE Material Brake Pads by Beck Arnley®. For one hundred years, Beck/Arnley has been providing premium OE quality parts for vehicles. Beginning with motorcycle parts in 1914 and transitioning to import vehicles in...OE quality products from top original equipmentTop quality materials$14.03 - $81.69
Guides & Articles
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsWhy is it important to do a brake fluid flush?If you've ever visited an automotive dealership service department, you may have been told that your vehicle needs a brake fluid flush. Or you might have received a coupon mailer offering this service for a discounted price. Maybe you thought it was an attempt on the part of the dealer to separate you from your money for something you don't really need. After all, you have made the effort to learn more about your brakes, and you understand that occasionally, the brake pads and rotors will wear out and need replacing. However, you've never heard of a "brake fluid flush".
- Replacement Brake PartsHow To Replace Disc Brake PadsDisc brakes have been the most common setup on modern vehicles for decades, with just about 100% of today's vehicles using them in the front, and many cars and trucks also equipping the rear with disc brakes. The brake pads are the wear items which will need attention sooner or later; there will be wide variations in brake pad life depending on the vehicle, driver, driving style, etc., but rough estimates are that front pads will need attention every 15,000-30,000 miles, with rear disc pads lasting 50,000-100,000 miles.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsGlossary of Brake TerminologyWhether you're looking to replace worn brake pads and rotors or delving into more detailed brake repairs or upgrades that involve new calipers, proportioning valves, master cylinders, vacuum boosters, and more, you will come across a lot of different terminology when it comes to brake components. Depending on your knowledge and experience, a lot of these terms may be elementary. However, because many of them use similar words but represent completely different things, we've created this glossary to help you understand exactly what you need, and what you don't.
- Replacement Brake PartsDisc Brakes and Drum Brakes Explained!If you have owned a car or truck for more than a few months, you are undoubtedly aware that your vehicle's brakes occasionally need replacing. Let's face it, we can be hard on our brakes. Highway speeds, stop-and-go traffic, and heavy cargo loads are some of the more significant factors which increase brake wear.
- Replacement Brake PartsSpecial Tools Used In Brake ServiceIn this article, we’ll introduce you to the specific tools designed to be used when replacing brake components and servicing your brake system. Having the right tools BEFORE you start working on your vehicle makes these types of jobs quick, easy, and doable for the home mechanic. It also prevents having to put things back together before the job is finished because a tool needs to be purchased. Owning the right tools and doing the job yourself will save you hundreds of dollars by sparing you a visit to the repair shop – and much more over the course of a lifetime of brake work.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsBest Brake Rotors For Your Driving StyleDisc brake rotors (aka 'rotors') are the actual discs that brake pads clamp onto, creating friction that slows a vehicle. Disc brake rotors bolt on over the axle hub and contain holes that allow wheel mounting bolts to pass through and rotate with the wheels. Since there are many rotor styles and designs specially created for every budget and need, we’ve listed the advantages of each disc brake rotor so that you can make the right choice and get the best for your vehicle. All rotors, except ceramic brake rotors and two-piece rotors with aluminum centers, are typically one piece and crafted from iron for maximum heat absorption.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsIs It Time For New Brakes?Squealing noise upon brake application is actually caused by a high-frequency vibration of metal rotors, drums, or brake pad backing plates. Excess corrosion that forms over time on non-contact, outer perimeter areas of rotors and drums is a prime cause because rust is looser and less dense in nature – therefore, more likely to create resonation.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsTips To Get The Maximum Life Out Of Your Brake PartsIf you've had to replace brake pads or rotors on modern vehicles, you know how expensive the parts and labor can be. Because extending your brake pad life puts real money back into your pocket, we offer some tips for those who are interested in doing just that. While it's a general rule that brake pads designed with aggressive grip levels and performance driving will result in faster wear, the following suggestions will help you extend your brake life significantly no matter what type of brakes you have on your vehicle.
Smart Car Brake Parts Reviews
2009 Smart Car Fortwo