Performance Skid Plates
If you’re a truck or an SUV owner, it’s clear that you want your vehicle to be tough and expect it to last. If you’re enthusiastic about making your vehicle a tough one that’s easily able to handle any kind of terrain, you should definitely consider getting skid plates that can protect your favorite vehicle from even the worst roads. We carry a range of skid plates as well as many other parts and accessories for your vehicle here on CARiD.
We aim to provide our customers with the finest Performance Skid Plates the industry can offer, which is why we accept no compromise when it comes to the quality. Created by the most reputable names in the industry, such as Skyjacker, WARN, ARB, Rancho, Superlift, TeraFlex, Rubicon Express, Fabtech, ICI the Performance Skid Plates we've gathered for you feature precise design and everlasting durability.
Skid plates are something you should seriously consider investing in if you’re the kind of driver who likes to go off-roading on a regular basis. If you travel a lot on private roads, or anywhere else that you aren’t completely sure about how level the road is, skid plates can save you a whole lot of trouble. They keep important parts of your vehicle such as the gas tank and others insulated from any shocks or hits.
If you want your vehicle to be as safe as possible, you should invest in a skid plate. They’re made from tough materials like steel that are built to withstand just about anything. They are generally flat but sometimes have ridges along their length. It will fasten securely to your vehicle with the bolts that you’ll receive with your purchase. You can get a skid plate to protect your gas tank, steering box or even the entire underside of your vehicle. Choose the type that works best for your needs and you’ll be back to off-roading in no time!
Since the skid plates help to protect the vital components of your vehicle, you have to make sure that yours are properly installed, otherwise they won’t do their job properly and you could actually end up damaging your vehicle. Since the plates are usually made of steel, they need to be corrosion resistant. If you’ve noticed that your skid plate is starting to corrode or rust, you need to get it replaced as soon as possible. It’s just not safe to drive around dangerous terrain with skid plates that aren’t in good working condition.
If your skid plate is damaged, you should easily be able to tell by simply inspecting it. You need to inspect closely when it comes to rusting because the littlest damage isn’t always easy to find and the best prevention is always early detection. Keep an eye out around the nuts and bolts used to keep the skid plate in place because that’s usually where the corrosion starts. If yours is just starting to rust, it can probably be stopped by a simple trip to the mechanic. If it’s completely rusted, it’s time to get a new one.
- Shocks & StrutsShock Absorbers & Assemblies
- Strut Tower BracesStrut Mounts, Boots & Bushings
- Coil SpringsSpring Sets, Helpers & Adjusters
- Leaf SpringsLeaf Spring Sets & Bushings
- Torsion BarsTorsion Bar Sets & Mounting Kits
- Air SuspensionSprings, Shocks & Switches
- Leveling KitsSelf Leveling Units, Sensors
- Electronic SuspensionSwitches, Relays & Controls
- Ball JointsBall Joints, Joint Attachment Parts
- Control ArmsControl Arm Assemblies, Strut Rods
- Suspension BushingsBushing Kits, Shaft Kits & Bumpers
- Sway BarsSway Bar Bushings & End Links
- Alignment KitsCamber Plates, Cam Bolts, Toe Kits
- Lift KitsBody Lift Kits
- Lowering KitsBody Drop Kits
- Coilover KitsCoiover Kits & Components
- Skid PlatesSkid Plates & Undercovers
- Steering ComponentsSteering Stabilizers, Arms & Ends
- Wheel SpacersSpacers, Adapters & Kits
- Suspension System LubricantsGreasing Prevents Wear
- Cadillac Performance Skid Plates
- Chevy Performance Skid Plates
- Chrysler Performance Skid Plates
- Dodge Performance Skid Plates
- Ford Performance Skid Plates
- GMC Performance Skid Plates
- Jeep Performance Skid Plates
- Mazda Performance Skid Plates
| Posted by Kemisha | (Arlington, TX)
I ordered this HD Oil Pan Skid Plate and was amazed how easy it was to install. I take my 2004 TJ on the Rubicon and it has held up perfectly. I liked it so much I ordered the Tranny Skid Plate to go along with it ,I highly recomend this product.