Replacing the well-accepted xA debut model, the xD 5-door hatchback was introduced by Scion in 2007. Building on the xA's features and further improving them, the xD is a stylish compact car intended to appeal to a younger demographic. Created by a company with a relatively fresh market image, the xD, just like the xA, has already received kudos for excellent quality and finish. As with the other Scion cars, an emphasis is put on the rich standard equipment list and varied dealer options, resulting in a highly customizable and richly packed car. An upscale audio system, lively 1.8-liter engine and very high safety scores are among the xD's virtues.
If you want to further customize your stylish xD and add a little boost in the performance department, you've got plenty of options here at CARiD. We've picked the highest quality Scion xD air filters and induction kits from the manufacturers with the necessary know-how and decade-long customer satisfaction records. Cold air intakes we feature will supply your engine with dense, oxygen-rich air for enhanced performance, while the high-flow air filters will ensure not a dust speck will crawl into the intake manifold. All parts are super easy to install and will let you enjoy driving your renewed xD outright.
- Injen® SP Series Cold Air Intake SystemSP Series Cold Air Intake System by Injen®. The SP Series Cold Air Intake System is made for the enthusiast who wants maximum horsepower from a tuned cold air intake system. This cold air system positions a high-flow air filter...$178.60 - $600.40
- K&N® 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit by K&N®. Improve airflow and increase horsepower on your vehicle. This intake kit is available in various finishes and configurations. It replaces the factory air intake system with a free...$129.99 - $540.99
- Takeda® Attack Cold Air Intake SystemAttack Cold Air Intake System by Takeda®. This system is for the enthusiast who wants maximum performance from their sport compact. It positions a high flow performance air filter behind the bumper, where it can take in cooler,...$225.00 - $795.00
- HPS® Short Ram Air Intake with Heat ShieldShort Ram Air Intake with Heat Shield by HPS®. Makes for more power throughout your vehicle's full RPM range utilizing mandrel-bent piping and K&N washable/reusable high flowing air filter, while for the maximum cooling effect, a...$150.10 - $261.25
- Weapon-R® Secret Weapon Air Intake SystemSecret Weapon Air Intake System by Weapon-R®. The Secret Weapon Air Intake System uses patented technology to feed the engine 3 times as much air as other systems. As a result, engine performance is increased more than with any...$169.15 - $378.25
- DC Sports® Cold Air Intake SystemCold Air Intake System by DC Sports®. DC Sports Air Intake Systems provide the best of both worlds in heat protection and improved breathability. Every kit includes a air filter that requires no oil, therefore no chance in...$135.56 - $265.77
- K&N® 33 Series Panel Air Filter33 Series Air Filter by K&N®. A K&N 33 series OE replacement air filter is designed to increase horsepower and acceleration. These washable and reusable panel air filters are easy to install because they fit directly into the...$34.99 - $92.99
- aFe® Pro Dry S Air FilterPro Dry S Air Filter by aFe®. The Pro DRY S is the perfect combination of performance, protection and convenience. When you want increased airflow with superior filtration, but ease of maintenance is a high priority, look no...$49.95 - $919.84
- K&N® E Series Round Air FilterE Series Air Filter by K&N®. K&N E Series round automotive air filters are designed to replace your restricted factory air filter for additional horsepower and performance. These filters are washable, reusable and last up to 50,000...$28.99 - $356.99
- aFe® Pro 5R Air FilterPro 5R Air Filter by aFe®. The Pro 5R air filter provides increased airflow to your engine without sacrificing filtration ability. The increased airflow allows your engine to make more power, and have better throttle response and...$46.95 - $199.95
- K&N® Round Tapered Air FilterUniversal Round Tapered Air Filter (RU-5006) by K&N®, 2.5" F x 5.25" B x 2.5" D x 1.5" L x 20 degrees FA. Get better performance, superior engine protection and more economical operation with a K&N Air Filter. K&N Universal Air...Improves engine airflowIncreases horsepower and acceleration$57.99
- K&N® Round Tapered Air FilterUniversal Round Tapered Air Filter (RU-5005) by K&N®, 2.5" F x 5.25" B x 2.5" D x 5.75" L. Get better performance, superior engine protection and more economical operation with a K&N Air Filter. K&N Universal Air Filters are...Improves engine airflowIncreases horsepower and acceleration$57.99
- K&N® Oval Tapered Air FilterUniversal Oval Tapered Air Filter (RU-5004) by K&N®, 4.75" F x 6.5" MA x 4.75" SA x 3.5" L. Get better performance, superior engine protection and more economical operation with a K&N Air Filter. K&N Universal Air Filters are...Improves engine airflowIncreases horsepower and acceleration$35.99
- K&N® Oval Tapered Air FilterUniversal Oval Tapered Air Filter (RU-3410) by K&N®, 1.25" F x 3.875" MA x 3.438" SA x 2.25" L. Offset is Vertical and to the Center. Get better performance, superior engine protection and more economical operation with a K&N Air...Improves engine airflowIncreases horsepower and acceleration$32.99
- K&N® Round Tapered Air FilterUniversal Round Tapered Air Filter (RR-3004) by K&N®, 2.75" F x 5.75" B x 5.938" D x 7.688" L. Get better performance, superior engine protection and more economical operation with a K&N Air Filter. K&N Universal Air Filters are...Improves engine airflowIncreases horsepower and acceleration$57.99
Guides & Articles
- Performance PartsMy Car is Brand New | Why Should I Change My Air Intake System?Aftermarket air intake systems have become one of the most popular engine modifications available for late model cars and trucks. An easy question to ask is why are these so popular? After all, didn't engineers who work for your vehicle manufacturer spend years developing the best engine components available? Since power and fuel economy are major selling points these days, it's hard to imagine car companies not doing everything they can to maximize horsepower, miles per gallon, or both.
- Performance PartsWhat are the Different Types of Air Intake Systems?There are many types of aftermarket air intake systems that range from simple and inexpensive to elaborate. In the scope of this article, we'll examine the different types of air intakes, what they do, and look at a few specific product examples of each. But in short, performance air intake setups increase airflow into your engine - boosting combustion and creating more horsepower and torque that you can actually feel. Their relatively low cost and easy installation (bolt-on in most cases) keeps them in popular demand by car enthusiasts that own everything from 1.5-liter turbo motors to big block V8 engines.
- Performance PartsWhy does my car have a plastic intake manifold?An intake manifold is an integrated assembly that sits atop the engine, consisting of a series of tubes which distribute fresh outside air to each and every cylinder. On V-shaped engine blocks, an intake manifold typically sits between the two cylinder banks while inline engines may feature a manifold to the side of the cylinder head. Intake manifolds serve as a mounting point for carburetors, throttle body assemblies, fuel injectors, thermostats, and more depending on vehicle manufacturer engineering preferences. Intake manifolds may also serve to route coolant through dedicated channels in order to remove heat from the engine. Because of their location and functionality, intake manifold assemblies are under constant stress from engine vacuum pressure as well as direct heat from coolant, cylinder combustion gasses, and the cylinder heads to which they are mounted.
- Performance PartsThe Real Cost of Your Car’s Cheap Factory Air FilterMost aftermarket air filters are constructed from multiple layers of cotton gauze, which are sandwiched between wire mesh that is formed into pleats. The layers of oiled cotton fibers are able to trap dirt particles that are even smaller than the holes in the filter media. The airflow stays consistent between cleanings, for optimal combustion.
- Dorman® Harmonic Balancer$113.87
Scion xD Performance Air Intake Systems Reviews
- Related Scion xD Pages