Precision Gear manufactures ring and pinion gear sets and differentials along with the necessary components to assemble and set up those parts, for race cars and off-road vehicles. Along with Alloy USA. Inc., the company is a division of Ultra Axle LLC, an affiliate company of Omix-Ada, Inc. Precision Gear products are manufactured using the latest technology in a plant that has received Ford’s Q-1 quality award and achieved the ISO9000 standard.
Like many businesses, Precision Gear was born out of necessity. Unable to get the gear ratio he needed for his Ford drag racer, company founder Tom Reider contracted with another gear manufacturer to make the gears he needed, but had to buy 50 sets for the company to fill the order. Tom soon became more involved in the gear manufacturing business, and in 1986 he left his design management position at the Ford Motor Co. to begin Precision Gear.
Each Precision Gear ring and pinion set starts out as a high quality steel ingot that is preheated and then forged in a multi-step CNC controlled die pressing process, using up to 8 million lbs. of pressure! During this process, tolerances are held to approximately 0.005”. After forging, each set is machined and the gears cut using state-of-the-art machining centers. So, to make sure the drivetrain parts can withstand the rigors of racing and off-roading, the engineers at Precision Gear develop, test, race, and trail ride every product until it's perfected.
| Posted by Houston | (Jackson, TN)
Product built with great quality! Packaged nicely! And CARiD is dead on! Love doing business with them!
- Popular Precision Gear Part Numbers
- Precision Gear® GM14MSPL - Mini Spool
- Precision Gear® GM10557 - Ring And Pinion Gear Set, 5.57 Ratio
- Precision Gear® GM10F373 - Ring And Pinion Gear Set, For IFS, 3.73 Ratio
- Precision Gear® 352019 - Master Overhaul Kit
- Precision Gear® 352021P - Master Overhaul Kit
- Precision Gear® 352021 - Master Overhaul Kit
- Precision Gear® GM10SPGK - Spider Gear Kit, 28 Spline, Open