Enough emphasis cannot be placed on how important it is to get the correct hitch for the trailer that you want to tow. Although it is now easy to choose from a wide variety of the Pontiac Torrent trailer hitches that are available at CARiD, you should also be aware of how each hitch works. The hitches are divided into several categories. There are gooseneck and 5th wheel hitches. These are mostly suitable for towing heavy trailers. Then there are weight carrying hitches and finally weight distributing hitches. As long as you follow the limitations that have been set by your car manufacturer, you can put any hitch on your Torrent. You should however keep in mind that only a weight distributing hitch will transfer the weight evenly to all the wheels of the car because it has spring bars. This is not the case with a weight bearing hitch because it will take the mass of the trailer tongue and place it at the suspension, making the front tires of the car lighter.
The reason as to why gooseneck and 5th wheel are the most preferred hitches for heavy trailers and pick ups is because they take all the weight of the trailer and place it on the real axle, which in turn makes it easy to drive in crosswinds. This way, the trailer stays on course and will not sway or steer the bumper from behind. Ensure that you first understand how each hitch works first before making any final decisions to purchase. The one thing that you will be assured of at the shop is the quality and durability of the hitches availed. Given that each trailer hitch comes with a lifetime warranty, you can be assured that you are dealing with only the best when you buy a Pontiac Torrent trailer hitch from CARiD.
Here at CARiD we have a loyal set of customers, and they are very involved with their cars. That means using them in many ways, or racing them or towing them to car shows on trailers. They know towing, is what we’re saying. And 3 of them left a number of reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. We know you’ll feel the same way after towing your toys around, whether it’s a race car, a trailer full of quads or motorcycles or personal watercraft or full-on camper. CARiD has the parts you need to support your hobby!
- CURT® - Rear Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $146.34$146.34
- Reese® - Class 3 / Class 4 Professional Rear Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $159.68$159.68
- Hidden Hitch® - Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $148.75$148.75
- Draw-Tite® - Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $148.75$148.75
- Bolt Lock® - Trailer Hitch Pin LockStarting at: $40.17$40.17
- Hopkins® - Towing Wiring HarnessesStarting at: $55.61$55.61
- Cequent® - Class 1/2 Ball Mount for 1-1/4" ReceiversStarting at: $24.95$24.95
- CURT® - Class 1/2 No Drop Ball Mount for 1-1/4" ReceiversStarting at: $17.87$17.87
- Bully® - Black Steel Ball MountStarting at: $18.00$18.00
- Smittybilt® - Chrome Class 3 Hitch Ball with 1" ShankStarting at: $8.99$8.99
Posted by Jeffrey A C.
"Before a camping trip and under a deadline to get my trailer lights ready without splicing wires, I turned to CARiD, because the big box stores couldn't get the part in time for my Pontiac Aztek. CARiD stepped up with great customer service and value. The product installed easily and saved me from having to cut holes in the moldings of my vehicle and splice wires."
Posted by Richard S.
"This product made it very easy to connect the lights to my trailer."
Posted by John B.
"It was very easy to install - overall, a great product, would recommend it to everybody."