PONTIAC GRAND PRIX ACCESSORIES & PARTS
One of Pontiac's original performance-oriented cruisers, the Grand Prix first set sail on American roadways in the early '70s and lasted over thirty years. The first generation of the Pontiac Grand Prix debuted in 1973 as a midsize sports sedan. The model was deemed by the automaker to present a viable option for US car buyers over the influx of upscale luxury entrants from Europe and elsewhere. The standard engine equipped inside the Grand Prix was a 6.5L V8 which got credit for producing up to 170 horsepower. An optional 7.4L V8 configuration stepped it up a notch with 230 horsepower while a boosted version threw out up to 250 hp. The Grand Prix was also offered with either a single or dual-exhaust system. Throughout the 1970s, Pontiac did not implement many changes to the Grand Prix parts other than various restyling cues. Pontiac halted production of the car by 1975 due to the oil crisis and sagging sales. But in 1978, the Grand Prix was brought back, this time smaller and a few V8 engine configurations to choose from. Although more compact than the previous generation, the Grand Am was still geared towards performance and showcased a radial tuned suspension as well as both front and rear swat bars.
The second generation of the Pontiac Grand Prix came and went quickly, as it was phased out by 1980. For the model's third go-round, the Grand Prix was essentially a compact car that was given a little muscle. It was initially outfitted with a 2.5L Tech IV, but by 1987, a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder sourced from the Sunbird GT began being used. As the '90s approached, the Grand Prix received a 2.3L LD2 High Output Quad 4 that pumped out 160 horsepower along with 155 pounds-per-foot of torque. A slightly more powerful LG0 2.3L High Output Quad 4 offered up to 180 hp. Pontiac instituted another redesign for Grand Prix parts with the model heading into the 1992 model year. Introduced as the fourth generation of the Grand Prix, the model was given more smooth lines and a new base SOHC 2.3L Quad 4. Antilock brakes were made standard for the first time, as well. 1996 welcomed in another redesign to the model. Once again, the exterior parts were restyled for a more aerodynamic look. Dual airbags, a new stereo, and an updated design highlighted the interior. Air conditioning became standard a year later, but no other major changes were introduced until the premiere of the fifth generation Grand Prix in 1999.
When the fifth generation was released for the 1999 model year, the Pontiac Grand Prix displayed a slightly longer wheelbase, an independent suspension, and five separate trim levels: SE. SE1, SE2, GT, and GT1. The base engine (SE and SE1) was a 2.4L Twin Cam inline four-cylinder good for 150 horsepower mated to a four-speed automatic transmission. The SE2, GT, and GT1 used a 3.4L V6, which got credit for churning out up to 170 (GT- 175) horsepower along with 150 pounds-per-foot of torque (GT- 200). All trims featured traction control and antilock brakes. In 2001, Pontiac dropped the SE2 trim level and a year after that, a new 2.2L DOHC Ecotec four-cylinder engine (140 hp/150 pounds-per-foot of torque) was introduced into the lineup to replace the previous 2.4L. 2005 saw Pontiac stop producing the GT coupe. This eventually led to the introduction of the G6, the Grand Prix's successor. Although no longer assembled, the Pontiac Grand Prix is still a visible presence on the blacktop. While it was in production, the Pontiac Grand Prix was consistently recognized as one of GM's most successful and reliable cars with impressive sales numbers to back it up.
One of the more respected models that helped put Pontiac on the map, the Grand Prix is a success story that keeps adding chapters. This sedan fills a variety of roles depending on the type of driver behind the wheel. For some, it is a family car that gets the job done with reliable parts delivering efficiency. For others, it is a custom-enhanced joyride of class and performance that takes on a whole new personality due to stylish accessories. It doesn't really matter. After all, that's what it was designed for. The Pontiac Grand Prix is still a presence because of its unrelenting versatility and style.
CARiD.com knows premier quality is always the name of the game. Our inventory of Pontiac Grand Prix Accessories and Parts is all the proof you need. We handpick the most respected brand-names in the business and offer them right here at the best prices on the web. That means you can get your hands on all the Pontiac Grand Prix accessories and parts that make a difference, including spoilers, floor mats, wheels, and grille guards. Pontiac Grand Prix accessories help distinguish your ride from the rest of the pack. Let everyone know it's time to follow the leader!
Whether you plan to improve your vehicle's performance or simply want to add some flare to its style, we store an exhaustive collection of accessories and parts designed specifically for your vehicle. Whatever product you choose, you are guaranteed to get nothing but the premium quality, unrivaled performance, and unique style. Understanding that your vehicle deserves only the top accessories and parts, we carefully handpicked each single item. And be sure all of them are manufactured by the most reputable companies in the industry, so the quality is beyond any doubts. If you still are not sure what product to choose, you are welcome to check 193 reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, and define what accessory or part perfectly fits both your vehicle and your pocket.
- Covercraft® - Ultra'tect™ Custom Car CoverStarting at: $256.95$256.95
- Yakima® - LoadWarrior Roof Cargo BasketStarting at: $279.00$279.00
- Remin® - Exterior KitStarting at: $88.37$88.37
- Dash Designs® - Poly Carpet Dash CoverStarting at: $45.95$45.95
- Thule® - Aero™ Short-Roof AdapterStarting at: $149.95$149.95
- DashMat® - SuedeMat™ Custom Dashboard CoverStarting at: $47.37$47.37
- Canine Covers® - Custom Rear Seat ProtectorStarting at: $99.92$99.92
- Pilot® - Arista Dual Wiper BladeStarting at: $14.41$14.41
- Colgan® - Sports BraStarting at: $80.09$80.09
- GT Performance® - GT3 Classic Brilliant Polished Slot Spoke Wood Steering WheelStarting at: $159.63$159.63
- Pontiac Grand Prix Dash Kits
- Pontiac Grand Prix Billet Grilles
- Pontiac Grand Prix Chrome Trim
- Pontiac Grand Prix Spoilers
- Pontiac Grand Prix Floor Mats
- Pontiac Grand Prix Body Kits
- Pontiac Grand Prix Wind Deflectors
- Pontiac Grand Prix Cargo Liners
- Pontiac Grand Prix Vertical Doors
- Pontiac Grand Prix Seat Covers
- Pontiac Grand Prix Car Covers
- Pontiac Grand Prix Bug Deflectors
- Pontiac Grand Prix Steering Wheels
- Pontiac Grand Prix Custom Gauges
- Pontiac Grand Prix Light Covers
- Pontiac Grand Prix Side Mirrors
- Pontiac Grand Prix License Plates
- Pontiac Grand Prix Wiper Blades
- Pontiac Grand Prix Custom Hoods
- Pontiac Grand Prix Bike Racks
- Pontiac Grand Prix Roof Racks
- Pontiac Grand Prix Trailer Hitches
- Pontiac Grand Prix Sun Shades
- Pontiac Grand Prix Dash Covers
- Pontiac Grand Prix Side Vents
- Pontiac Grand Prix Sunroof Visors
- Pontiac Grand Prix Car Organizers
- Pontiac Grand Prix Car Bras
- Pontiac Grand Prix Racing Seats