Recent data from USA Today states that only 6.5% of new vehicles sold in the U.S. are equipped with manual transmissions. The reverse of that means 93.5% of all new cars and light trucks are sold with automatic transmissions. Therefore, the odds are that your ride has an automatic. A less-known fact about those transmissions is that they all have built-in oil...
Peugeot Transmission & Drivetrain
Featured Featured Products
- ARB® Differential Cover$189.05 - $201.49
- Hurst Shifters® Pit Pack$10.67 - $11.50
- Hurst Shifters® HardDrive Shifter Stick$173.36 - $189.00
- Hurst Shifters® Pistol Grip Shifter Handle$48.40 - $61.78
- Hurst Shifters® Classic Shifter Knob$29.64 - $40.01
- Hurst Shifters® Quarter Stick Shifter Accessories$67.13 - $208.40
- Hurst Shifters® Shifter Boot and Plate$22.42 - $45.13
- Hurst Shifters® Back-Up Light Switch$12.50 - $29.60
Guides & Articles
Timothy ZahlClutch Kit vs Clutch Disc or Pressure Plate
If you’ve decided it’s time to replace the clutch on your manual-transmission car, you’ve reached the point where advantages (crisp, new-feeling response) have come to outweigh disadvantages (significant labor costs or time spent doing it yourself). Whether you don’t have a choice because your old clutch slips badly, or you want to take initiative and...
Michael GrayenThe Difference Between A Transaxle And A Transmission
In this article we'll look at the differences between a "transaxle" and a "transmission". In short, a transaxle performs both the gear-changing function of a transmission and the power-splitting ability of an axle differential in one integrated unit. A transmission performs the gear-changing function only, delivering power via a single output shaft at the back of...