Independent control of the rear brakes has traditionally been needed to keep the vehicle stationary when parked, particularly on an incline. But as bootleggers and Hollywood stunt drivers realized, and today’s drifters and rally drivers know, the parking brake, or e-brake, can also be used to initiate a slide for drifting or making tight turns. No matter how you use your rear brakes, we have the parking and hand brake setups to do the job.
- Wilwood® Combination Parking Caliper Drilled and Slotted Brake KitCombination Parking Caliper Drilled and Slotted Rotor Brake Kit by Wilwood®. If you are looking for a parking drilled and slotted brake kit, go with Wilwood. This kit provides new options for drum brake conversions and disc...$844.99 - $1,367.49
- Brembo® GT Series Hand Brake KitGT Series Hand Brake Kit by Brembo®. These mechanical calipers will allow you to retain your parking brakes when you upgrade to a Brembo brake system. They come with mounting brackets and everything required for installation.$1,147.20
- Wilwood® Combination Parking Caliper Slotted Brake KitCombination Parking Caliper Slotted Rotor Brake Kit by Wilwood®. This kit provides a solution for drum brake conversions and disc upgrades on rear axles that are not conducive to internal shoe systems. It comes with...$1,157.49 - $1,267.49
- Wilwood® Combination Parking Caliper Plain Brake KitCombination Parking Caliper Plain Rotor Brake Kit by Wilwood®. Get this excellent kit from Wilwood that provides new options for drum brake conversions and disc upgrades on rear axles that are not conducive to internal shoe...$744.99 - $909.99
- PERRIN Performance® Drift ButtonDrift Button by PERRIN Performance®. By removing the spring placed in the parking brake lever, you can easily use the parking brake to induce and/or maintain your drift. With the PERRIN Drift Knob, the parking brake lever will not...$24.30 - $44.10
Traditional parking brakes are mechanically actuated using a cable and mechanical linkage to apply the brake shoes on a drum brake vehicle, or mechanically apply the caliper pistons and brake pads on a disc brake vehicle. Some disc brake vehicles have a brake drum within the rotor and a small set of brake shoes that are also cable and linkage actuated. However, parking brake problems can arise when vehicles are upgraded to performance disc brakes.
When drum brake vehicles are converted to disc brakes, and when disc brake vehicles are upgraded to performance calipers, an alternative method of parking brake application must be devised. We offer several solutions. Our combination kits include hydro-mechanical calipers that use hydraulic pressure to apply the brake pads when the service brakes are applied, and a mechanical mechanism to apply the pads when the parking brake is applied. These performance kits also include a choice of rotors including drilled and slotted 2-piece rotors with lightweight aluminum center sections.
When vehicles that come from the factory with floating hydro-mechanical calipers are upgraded to fixed multi-piston calipers, the parking brake functionality is lost. For selected applications we offer fully mechanical parking brake calipers. These calipers include mounting brackets that position the calipers in a different location over the rotors. These single piston calipers are made of lightweight aluminum, so you can retain parking brake operation without paying a weight penalty, and you can enjoy the superior braking that fixed, multi-piston calipers are known for.
Cables stretch, seize, go out of adjustment, and corrode and break easily, which is why they were ditched in favor of hydraulic service brake systems many years ago. Today, drifters and rally drivers can enjoy the same superior hydraulic operation with our hydraulic hand brake kits. These kits allow manual hydraulic actuation of your rear brakes. We offer single cylinder hand brakes in multiple displacements that come with a lever that can be configured vertically or horizontally, and dual cylinder hand brakes that require much less force to completely lock both rear wheels.
- (34,200)Brake KitsHigh Performance & Racing Kits
- (110,060)Brake PadsBrake Pads, Pad Sets, Pad Shims
- (76,580)Brake RotorsBrake Discs & Rotors, Rotor Shims
- (73,461)Brake CalipersDisc Brake Calipers & Repair Kits
- (91)Disc Brake Conversion KitsDrum-to-Disc Brake Conversion Kits
- (24,746)Brake LinesLines & Hoses, Connecting Parts
- (98)Brake Fluids & LubricantsSafe & Efficient Braking
- (5,296)Caliper CoversCustom Painted, Custom Logos
- (3,249)Wheel SpacersSpacers, Adapters & Kits
- (42)Racing PedalsRace Inspired Look and Feel
- (344)Brake ServiceCaliper Tools, Bleeders, Hones
- (203)Car JacksBottle, Hydraulic, Off-Road
Browse by Vehicle
- Acura Performance Parking Brakes
- BMW Performance Parking Brakes
- Chevy Performance Parking Brakes
- Fiat Performance Parking Brakes
- Ford Performance Parking Brakes
- GMC Performance Parking Brakes
- Honda Performance Parking Brakes
- Jeep Performance Parking Brakes
Performance Parking Brakes Reviews
2013 Scion FR-S