Performance Parking Brakes
Independent control of the rear brakes has traditionally been needed to keep the vehicle stationary when parked, particularly on an incline. But as bootleggers and Hollywood stunt drivers realized, and today’s drifters and rally drivers know, the parking brake, or e-brake, can also be used to initiate a slide for drifting or making tight turns. No matter how you use your rear brakes, we have the parking and hand brake setups to do the job.
- Wilwood® Combination Parking Caliper Drilled and Slotted Brake Kit$844.99 - $1,367.49
- Brembo® GT Series Hand Brake Kit$1,147.20
- Wilwood® Combination Parking Caliper Plain Brake Kit$744.99 - $909.99
- KSport® Racing Hydraulic Handbrake Kit$187.50 - $270.00
- Wilwood® Combination Parking Caliper Slotted Brake Kit$1,157.49 - $1,267.49
Traditional parking brakes are mechanically actuated using a cable and mechanical linkage to apply the brake shoes on a drum brake vehicle, or mechanically apply the caliper pistons and brake pads on a disc brake vehicle. Some disc brake vehicles have a brake drum within the rotor and a small set of brake shoes that are also cable and linkage actuated. However, parking brake problems can arise when vehicles are upgraded to performance disc brakes.
We aim to provide our customers with the finest Performance Parking Brakes the industry can offer, which is why we accept no compromise when it comes to the quality. Created by the most reputable names in the industry, such as Wilwood, Brembo, Ksport the Performance Parking Brakes we've gathered for you feature precise design and everlasting durability.
When drum brake vehicles are converted to disc brakes, and when disc brake vehicles are upgraded to performance calipers, an alternative method of parking brake application must be devised. We offer several solutions. Our combination kits include hydro-mechanical calipers that use hydraulic pressure to apply the brake pads when the service brakes are applied, and a mechanical mechanism to apply the pads when the parking brake is applied. These performance kits also include a choice of rotors including drilled and slotted 2-piece rotors with lightweight aluminum center sections.
When vehicles that come from the factory with floating hydro-mechanical calipers are upgraded to fixed multi-piston calipers, the parking brake functionality is lost. For selected applications we offer fully mechanical parking brake calipers. These calipers include mounting brackets that position the calipers in a different location over the rotors. These single piston calipers are made of lightweight aluminum, so you can retain parking brake operation without paying a weight penalty, and you can enjoy the superior braking that fixed, multi-piston calipers are known for.
Cables stretch, seize, go out of adjustment, and corrode and break easily, which is why they were ditched in favor of hydraulic service brake systems many years ago. Today, drifters and rally drivers can enjoy the same superior hydraulic operation with our hydraulic hand brake kits. These kits allow manual hydraulic actuation of your rear brakes. We offer single cylinder hand brakes in multiple displacements that come with a lever that can be configured vertically or horizontally, and dual cylinder hand brakes that require much less force to completely lock both rear wheels.
- Brake KitsHigh Performance & Racing Kits
- Brake PadsBrake Pads, Pad Sets, Pad Shims
- Brake RotorsBrake Discs & Rotors, Rotor Shims
- Brake CalipersDisc Brake Calipers & Repair Kits
- Brake LinesLines & Hoses, Connecting Parts
- Brake Fluids & LubricantsSafe & Efficient Braking
- Caliper CoversCustom Painted, Custom Logos
- Wheel SpacersSpacers, Adapters & Kits
- Brake ServiceCaliper Tools, Bleeders, Hones
- Acura Performance Parking Brakes
- Audi Performance Parking Brakes
- BMW Performance Parking Brakes
- Chevy Performance Parking Brakes
- Fiat Performance Parking Brakes
- Ford Performance Parking Brakes
- GMC Performance Parking Brakes
- Honda Performance Parking Brakes
- Popular Hand Brakes Part Numbers
- KSport® - Single Cylinder Racing Hydraulic Handbrake Kit (With 5/8" Reservoir)
- KSport® - Single Cylinder Racing Hydraulic Handbrake Kit (With 3/4" Reservoir)
- KSport® - Dual Cylinder Racing Hydraulic Handbrake Kit
- KSport® - Racing Hydraulic Handbrake Installation Kit
- Wilwood® 140-10159-D - Combination Parking Drilled and Slotted Rear Brake Kit
- Wilwood® 140-10208-DR - Combination Parking Drilled and Slotted Rear Brake Kit
- Wilwood® 140-10207-DR - Combination Parking Drilled and Slotted Rear Brake Kit
- Wilwood® 140-11979-DR - Combination Parking Drilled and Slotted Rear Brake Kit
- Wilwood® 140-10094 - Street Performance Plain Forged Dynalite Rear Brake Kit
- Wilwood® 140-9119-DR - Street Performance Drilled and Slotted Forged Narrow Superlite Rear Brake Kit