Regardless of the type of service brakes your vehicle is equipped with, drum or disc, it also has parking brakes responsible for holding your parked vehicle securely in position so that it won't roll. Unlike the regular hydraulically operated brakes that apply brake power at all four wheels, parking brakes are typically mechanical (in stock systems), and apply only at the rear wheels. On most applications, they work independently of service brakes.
- Wilwood® Combination Parking Caliper Drilled and Slotted Brake Kitfrom $124.96 - $1,367.49# 20390
- Brembo® GT Series Hand Brake Kit$1,147.20# 20394
- Wilwood® Combination Parking Caliper Plain Brake Kitfrom $124.96 - $909.99# 20392
- KSport® Racing Hydraulic Handbrake Kitfrom $187.50 - $270.00# 18291
- Wilwood® Combination Parking Caliper Slotted Brake Kitfrom $138.85 - $1,267.49# 20391
The mechanical system uses a ratchet locking mechanism, levers, and cables that transmit lever movement to activate the rear brakes. Parking brakes can also utilize their own hydraulic system to apply drum brakes on the transmission or driveshaft. Depending on the application, the parking brake system can use either regular pads or shoes or a separate set of pads or shoes that can be commonly found in transmission or driveshaft parking brake systems.
We aim to provide our customers with the finest Performance Hand Brakes the industry can offer, which is why we accept no compromise when it comes to the quality. Created by the most reputable names in the industry, such as Wilwood, Brembo, KSport the Performance Hand Brakes we've gathered for you feature precise design and everlasting durability.
Keeping your vehicle stationary once it is parked is what parking brakes do in everyday driving. In motorsports, racers use the parking brake to make a car drift, take tight turns with precision, and slide laterally. In this case, mechanical parking brake system is replaced with a hydraulic system, which increases sensitivity and ensures greater reliability as the parking brake is constantly placed under stress, and allows the racer to better control the car. Undoubtedly, this technique requires special skills and long-term training and shouldn’t be used to stop a moving vehicle without proper practice.
Whether you're looking for a better grip for ultimate brake power in everyday driving situations or prepare your car for rally driving or drifting, we'll have you covered with the right performance parking brake part. We offer lever kits, lever boots, shoes or pads assemblies, installation kits that help you get the job done – everything you need for a performance parking brake upgrade. You are welcome to choose from single cylinder and dual cylinder hydraulic handbrake systems that ensure reduced locking force for easier drifting and feature reinforced brake cables. You name it, we've got it!
- Brake KitsHigh Performance & Racing Kits
- Brake PadsBrake Pads, Pad Sets, Pad Shims
- Brake RotorsBrake Discs & Rotors, Rotor Shims
- Brake CalipersDisc Brake Calipers & Repair Kits
- Brake LinesLines & Hoses, Connecting Parts
- Brake Fluids & LubricantsSafe & Efficient Braking
- Caliper CoversCustom Painted, Custom Logos
- Wheel SpacersSpacers, Adapters & Kits
- Brake ServiceCaliper Tools, Bleeders, Hones
| Posted by Alain | (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
This item is look like an original.
- Popular Hand Brakes Part Numbers
- Omix-Ada® 16730.10 - Parking Brake Cable, Front Pedal To Equalizer
- Omix-Ada® 16730.35 - Front Parking Brake Cable
- Omix-Ada® 16730.56 - Parking Brake Cable, Rear
- Crown® 5134701AB - Parking Brake Cable
- Dorman® 924-751 - Parking Brake Bell Crank
- Dorman® 924-305 - Parking Brake Release Handle and Cable
- Auto 7® 920-0199 - Rear Passenger Side Parking Brake Cable
- Auto 7® 920-0200 - Rear Passenger Side Parking Brake Cable
- Auto 7® 920-0194 - Rear Driver Side Parking Brake Cable
- Auto 7® 920-0267 - Rear Passenger Side Parking Brake Cable