Regardless of the type of service brakes your vehicle is equipped with, drum or disc, it also has parking brakes responsible for holding your parked vehicle securely in position so that it won't roll. Unlike the regular hydraulically operated brakes that apply brake power at all four wheels, parking brakes are typically mechanical (in stock systems), and apply only at the rear wheels. On most applications, they work independently of service brakes.
We aim to provide our customers with the finest Performance Parking Brakes the industry can offer, which is why we accept no compromise when it comes to the quality. Created by the most reputable names in the industry, such as Baer, Wagner, Monroe, KSport, Omix-Ada the Performance Parking Brakes we've gathered for you feature precise design and everlasting durability.
The mechanical system uses a ratchet locking mechanism, levers, and cables that transmit lever movement to activate the rear brakes. Parking brakes can also utilize their own hydraulic system to apply drum brakes on the transmission or driveshaft. Depending on the application, the parking brake system can use either regular pads or shoes or a separate set of pads or shoes that can be commonly found in transmission or driveshaft parking brake systems.
Keeping your vehicle stationary once it is parked is what parking brakes do in everyday driving. In motorsports, racers use the parking brake to make a car drift, take tight turns with precision, and slide laterally. In this case, mechanical parking brake system is replaced with a hydraulic system, which increases sensitivity and ensures greater reliability as the parking brake is constantly placed under stress, and allows the racer to better control the car. Undoubtedly, this technique requires special skills and long-term training and shouldn’t be used to stop a moving vehicle without proper practice.
Whether you're looking for a better grip for ultimate brake power in everyday driving situations or prepare your car for rally driving or drifting, we'll have you covered with the right performance parking brake part. We offer lever kits, lever boots, shoes or pads assemblies, installation kits that help you get the job done – everything you need for a performance parking brake upgrade. You are welcome to choose from single cylinder and dual cylinder hydraulic handbrake systems that ensure reduced locking force for easier drifting and feature reinforced brake cables. You name it, we've got it!
- Performance Brake KitsHigh Performance & Racing Kits
- Performance Brake PadsBrake Pads, Pad Sets, Pad Shims
- Performance Brake RotorsBrake Discs & Rotors, Rotor Shims
- Performance Brake CalipersDisc Brake Calipers & Repair Kits
- Performance Brake Lines & HosesLines & Hoses, Connecting Parts
- Performance Brake Master CylindersMaster Cylinder Caps & Kits
- Performance Brake BoostersPower Boosters, Hydrovac Units
- Performance Brake FluidDOT 4 & DOT 5 Fluid, Cleaner
- Brakes & RotorsBrake Pads, Rotors, Calipers
- Caliper CoversCustom Painted, Custom Logos
- Cadillac Performance Parking Brakes
- Chevy Performance Parking Brakes
- Chrysler Performance Parking Brakes
- Daewoo Performance Parking Brakes
- Dodge Performance Parking Brakes
- Ford Performance Parking Brakes
- GMC Performance Parking Brakes
- Hyundai Performance Parking Brakes
- Infiniti Performance Parking Brakes
- Jeep Performance Parking Brakes
- Kia Performance Parking Brakes
- Lincoln Performance Parking Brakes
- Popular Performance Parking Brakes Part Numbers
- Omix-Ada® 16730.10 - Parking Brake Cable, Front Pedal To Equalizer
- Omix-Ada® 16730.56 - Parking Brake Cable, Rear
- Crown® 5134701AB - Parking Brake Cable
- Dorman® 924-751 - Parking Brake Bell Crank
- Dorman® 924-305 - Parking Brake Release Handle and Cable
- Auto 7® 920-0199 - Rear Passenger Side Parking Brake Cable
- Auto 7® 920-0200 - Rear Passenger Side Parking Brake Cable
- Auto 7® 920-0194 - Rear Driver Side Parking Brake Cable
- Auto 7® 920-0267 - Rear Passenger Side Parking Brake Cable
- Auto 7® 920-0086 - Rear Driver Side Parking Brake Cable