As much fun as it is to enjoy hitting the pedal to the metal, it's crucial to be able to stop your road warrior. In the past, when disc brakes appeared and started to become more common than drum brakes, the need for braking assist arose as high fluid pressures made it difficult to apply brakes, unless the driver was in a great physical shape. The introduction of a brake booster allowed to push the brake pedal with a little effort, regardless of personal strength.
- Right Stuff® Chrome Power Brake Booster and Master Cylinder AssemblyChrome Power Brake Booster and Master Cylinder Assembly by Right Stuff Detailing®. For 25 years, The Right Stuff Detailing has been manufacturing and distributing Brake and Fuel systems for classic cars. Specializing in brake...$265.50 - $292.50
- Right Stuff® Chrome Power Brake BoosterChrome Power Brake Booster by Right Stuff Detailing®. For 25 years, The Right Stuff Detailing has been manufacturing and distributing Brake and Fuel systems for classic cars. Specializing in brake lines, fuel lines and disc brake...$134.10
The brake booster is an integral part of the power brake system that multiplies the driver’s pedal effort to make it easy to apply brakes. It operates between the brake pedal and the master cylinder and can be found behind the latter under the hood. Though most modern vehicles use vacuum-assisted brake boosters, there is also a hydraulic type that can be found on diesel-powered vehicles whose engines create very little vacuum by themselves.
As gasoline engines produce a considerable amount of vacuum on their own, the vacuum type power booster is common for them. It operates using the manifold vacuum, namely the difference between engine vacuum and atmospheric pressure to increase the force applied to the master cylinder pistons. Inside, it has a rubber diaphragm that separates its interior into two halves, with equal pressure in both when the brakes are not in use. As you depress the brake pedal, a valve opens and allows atmospheric pressure to enter one side of the booster, pushing the piston inside the brake master cylinder forward and providing power assist.
The hydraulic assisted system uses hydraulic pressure from the power steering pump to increase the force that acts on the brake master cylinder. The more pressure is applied to the pedal and the better the hydraulic pressure in the system is, the greater level of assistance is provided. You can always give your brakes the better boost with a great variety of performance brake boosters available in our ever-expanding selection. Drive confidently knowing that you'll have superior braking the moment you'll need it, without any effort, with a premium performance brake booster installed.
- (34,200)Brake KitsHigh Performance & Racing Kits
- (110,060)Brake PadsBrake Pads, Pad Sets, Pad Shims
- (76,580)Brake RotorsBrake Discs & Rotors, Rotor Shims
- (73,461)Brake CalipersDisc Brake Calipers & Repair Kits
- (763)Hand BrakesHand Brake Kits, Calipers
- (91)Disc Brake Conversion KitsDrum-to-Disc Brake Conversion Kits
- (24,746)Brake LinesLines & Hoses, Connecting Parts
- (98)Brake Fluids & LubricantsSafe & Efficient Braking
- (5,296)Caliper CoversCustom Painted, Custom Logos
- (3,249)Wheel SpacersSpacers, Adapters & Kits
- (344)Brake ServiceCaliper Tools, Bleeders, Hones