Subaru WRX 2008, iSimple GateWay Media Interface for iPod And Auxiliary Audio by PAC®. Recipient of a 2008 CES Innovations Award, the PXAMG is the first interface ever to bring the iPod™, HD Radio™ broadcasting, and many other portable media products into the vehicle. The PXAMG also brings the power of HD Radio broadcasting with the help of the HD Radio Tuner (HDRT). Available separately, the HDRT gives users more channels, more content, in exciting new formats - all with no subscription fees.
- Keeps the Factory Radio Intact – Plug-and-play interface eliminates the need to replace the factory radio, maintaining the vehicle’s original look and feel
- Saves Time and Money – Cutting-edge technology and compact size provide huge advantages over buying and installing a new stereo with similar capabilities
- In Most Applications Retains Original Vehicle Features – Advanced capabilities retain and all safety and convenience features tied to the factory system i.e. OEM Satellite, Rear Seat Entertainment, and CD changers (please check vehicle compatibility notes)
- Provides Multiple Entertainment Options – Additional auxiliary input connects MP3 players, satellite radio tuners, DVD players, navigation systems and other portable media to the vehicle
- Delivers Digital-Quality Audio – Direct connection to the factory radio ensures static-free, crystal-clear sound from the iPod and many other portable media devices
- Enables All iPod Features and Functions from the iPod and the Radio – iPod Interface displays information and provides iPod control from both the iPod and the radio
- Works with Multiple Applications – USB connection allows the PXAMG to be continually updated with downloadable firmware to work with the latest applications
The PXAMG directly connects your iPod to your radio allowing you to browse your music, by Artist, Album, Genre, and Playlist from the radio controls. This direct connection eliminates the need for noisy FM modulated solutions, and also keeps the iPods internal battery charged. The interface is expandable, by adding the HDRT you will receive digital radio stations that can not be received with a standard tuner. Experience HD Radio and hear FM in CD quality, and AM at FM quality!
Allows connection of any two devices: iPod cable, AUX cable, SCC1 Satellite Tuner (sold seperately) or HD Radio Tuner (sold seperately).
The Pacific Accessory Corporation - better known as PAC - has been a major player in the OEM integration business since the 1970's, back when the 8-track player was the iPod® of the day and replacing a radio involved hours of cutting and splicing. Fast forward 30+ years to the present and PAC is an established and trusted leader in the mobile electronics industry and the world's largest and most advanced supplier of OEM integration solutions. But, even though they have grown beyond their wildest dreams, their goal now - as it was back in the 70's - is simple: to provide distributors, dealers and installers with the latest products, solutions, support and training necessary to satisfy the needs of customers.