Opel was founded in 1863 in Russelsheim, Hesse, Germany as a manufacturer of sewing machines. Eventually, Opel included bicycles as part of the product line before graduating to motor cars and car parts by the end of the century. Opel's automobiles did not catch on immediately but after obtaining a partnership with Automobiles Darracq S.A., Opel- Darracq models starting being assembled and enjoyed a bit more initial success. These early models used an Opel-constructed body along with a Darracq chassis equipped with a two-cylinder engine. The Opel 4/8 "Doctor's Car" premiered in 1909 and within half a decade helped install Opel as the largest German automaker. Throughout the next twenty years, Opel released several innovative cars, including the two-seat Laubfrosch. GM purchased 80% of Opel in 1929 and took over the remaining 20% just two years later in 1931. World War II put a pause in the company's pursuits with GM undecided on what to do with the marque following the conclusion of the war. GM resumed control of Opel in 1948 with the first postwar model, a redesigned Olympia, being introduced in 1950.
1962 saw the first postwar appearance of the Kadett, Opel's compact family car. The Opel GT premiered in 1967 and quickly became the brand's most aggressive offering. A two-seat coupe featuring a flared-out body-shape, the GT scored pop culture success by appearing on the spy comedy "Get Smart." The 1970s were known for the oil crisis that slowed down the auto industry, but Opel still managed to produce several notable models such as the Admiral B and the Manta, a rear-wheel drive coupe. Opel began to round out its roster even more come the '80s. The Corsa replaced the Kadett as the lineup's subcompact while the Omega got attention right off the bat. Built off of GM's V platform for rear-wheel drive sedans and featuring an attractive overall package, the Omega was voted the 1987 European Car of the Year.
In more recent years, Opel has diversified its lineup even more. During the early-mid 1990s, Opel depended on versatile sedans like the Astra and the Vector B. The Astra was particularly valuable, as it was initially offered as a three or five-door hatchback and wagon while also being available as a sedan or convertible. It is currently built in Poland, Ukraine, the UK, South Africa, China, and Brazil. In 2000, Opel added the Agila to its fleet. The Agila is a super-subcompact designed for heavy urban congestion and is manufactured by the Magyar Suzuki Corporation, a subsidiary of the Japanese brand-name. 2002 welcomed in the Zafira, a stylish minivan equipped with a third row. Other versatile vehicles like the Meriva and the crossover Anatara have strengthened Opel's standing, as well. GM was extremely close to letting go of the Opel marque as recently as the fall of 2009, but has since relented due to the improvement of the automotive climate.
Steeped in tradition, Opel has seen itself morphed into various versions while still finding a way to remain true to its original standards. Perhaps that is why each model is so determined.. Always urbanely styled, each Opel vehicle has its own characteristics that allow for a striking appearance, which helps any additional Opel Accessories and Parts present a package that is completely stunning when put together the right way.
CARiD sees the potential, and wants you to feel comfortable with allowing us to help you along. That's why we're serious about carrying only the top of the line in all Opel parts. The brand-name Opel accessories and parts at the cost you need to dress your model up in your own way can be found in our "Superstore." So get excited. Offering only the best Opel accessories at CARiD.com, we want you to have that feeling. Every single day.
Whether you plan to improve your vehicle's performance or simply want to add some flare to its style, we store an exhaustive collection of accessories and parts designed specifically for your vehicle. Whatever product you choose, you are guaranteed to get nothing but the premium quality, unrivaled performance, and unique style. Understanding that your vehicle deserves only the top accessories and parts, we carefully handpicked each single item. And be sure all of them are manufactured by the most reputable companies in the industry, so the quality is beyond any doubts. If you still are not sure what product to choose, you are welcome to check 12 reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, and define what accessory or part perfectly fits both your vehicle and your pocket.