LIMITED WARRANTY FOR STEEL BELTED RADIAL TIRES MANUFACTURED BY NEXEN TIRE
1. About the limited warranties
This limited warranty applies to the original owner of any new replacement tire for use on Passenger Car and Light Trucks only, bearing the Nexen Brand Name and DOT Serial Number and used on the same vehicle that it was originally installed on if the tire
becomes unserviceable. (Commercial service excluded). This warranty applies to tires purchased after April 1st 2013. Tires purchased before April 1st 2013 are subject to the previous published warranty. Roadian HP Road Hazard Warranty applies to tires purchased after April 1st 2013. (Purchase invoice is required).
2. What is the adjustment policy and for how long?
Limited Warranty coverage is for a maximum period of 6 years(72 months) from date of manufacture. Any tire manufactured by NEXEN TIRE is warranted with free
replacement against defects in material and workmanship for the initial warranty period which is the first 2/32” of original usable tread or within 12 months from the date of purchase (the cost of mounting, balancing and any other service charges
including applicable taxes are required to be paid by the vehicle owner). After the ‘Free Replacement Policy’ expires if the tire is still within 72 months of date of manufacture, the amount of credit will be measured by the tread depth remaining on the tire.
3. What is not covered by this limited warranty
- Ride complaints after the first 2/32” of tread wear or
replacement of 3 or more tires from the same vehicle will not be
- Road hazard damage (e.g. bulge, bubble, cuts, snags,
punctures or tire repair, bruises, impact breaks, etc.)
- Premature or irregular wear due to vehicle mechanical
deficiencies or failure to rotate the tires at recommended
- Tires used on any vehicle registered and normally operated
outside the United States of America or Canada.
- Tire transferred from the vehicle on which they were
- Damage from incorrect mounting or dismounting of the tire,
incorrect application of load index, water or other material
trapped inside the tire during mounting or failure to balance
- Damage from over or under inflation, overloading, fire, theft,
defective vehicle mechanical conditions.
- Racing and off road use and misapplication of misalignments
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires after 4 years from the date
of manufacture or other abuse, misuse, tire alteration, run flat.
- Any tires worn beyond the wear indicators. (less than 2/32”
remaining tread depth)
- Flat spotting caused by improper storage or brake lock.
- Accident, fire, chemical corrosion, tire alteration or vandalism.
- Tire which D.O.T identification number and/or brand name removed intentionally.
- Loss of Time or use, inconvenience or any incidental or consequential damage.
- Tires used on Recreational vehicle(For camping and Motor homes
etc) or in commercial service.
- Tires presented for warranty claim by other than the original
purchaser. This warranty is not transferable.
4. To make a claim under this limited warranty
- Present your tires and the original purchase receipt to original
purchasing shop or any NEXEN TIRE dealer.
- Complete and sign the NEXEN Claim Adjustment form provided
by the dealer, keep a copy for your records and leave the tire
with the dealer for warranty processing.
- Warranty adjustment will be determined based on the warranty
that was in effect when the tire was purchased, as verified by the
original purchase invoice
- Mileage Warranty claim must be presented with the required
documents. (Original purchase receipt and rotation records)
5. Road hazard warranty for N7000, CP672, ROADIAN HP, Aria AH7, N’Fera RU5 and N’Fera SU1, ROADIAN HTX RH5(4ply)
Roadian HP Road Hazard Warranty applies to tires purchased after
April 1st 2013. (Purchase invoice is required). NEXEN Tire covers new patterns for free replacement with comparable NEXEN Tire (N7000, N’Fera RU5, CP672, N’Fera SU1, ROADIAN HP, ROADIAN HTX RH5 (4ply) , Aria AH7 ).
Taxes and Service charge will not be included, if the tire is unusable
due to non-repairable road hazard during the first 2/32nd of original
tread depth worn or within 12 months from the date of purchase
(whichever comes first)
Not Applicable / Not Valid Cases
For Road Hazard Warranty
- After 2 / 32inch of usable tread depth
- Original Equipment tires
- Repairable tires
- After 12 month from the date of purchase
6. Tread-wear-mileage warranty
Some NEXEN Passenger tires are covered by a manufacturer’s
limited warranty for tread-wear.
To file a warranty claim for tread-wear mileage you must submit a
tire rotation record showing that all tires have been rotated at least
every 5,000 miles or 8,000km.
- If the tires are worn out evenly across the tread down to the tread
wear indicators (2/32” or 1.6mm) before the warranty miles under
the normal passenger use, the replacement price will be prorated
based on percentages of the warranted miles for unused service
toward the purchase of same tires.
(see Mileage Warranty Adjustment Table)
- You are the original purchaser of the tires and have a copy of the
original purchase invoice.
- The tires must be perfectly mounted and balanced at the time of
- The tires have been rotated and inspected by a participating NEXEN TIRE
dealer Every 5,000 miles(8,000 Km) and the attached Mounting and
Rotation Service Record has been fully completed and signed
- This warranty is not applicable for the tires have become
unserviceable due to a condition listed under “What is not
covered” by this limited warranty.
- This warranty is not applicable to original equipment tires.
7. Owner’s obligation
- At the time of purchase, the tires must be properly installed with
proper air pressure and the wheels balanced. Every 5,000 miles,
the tires must be rotated with the proper air pressure and the
vehicle alignment checked.
- Any tire to be adjusted under the tread wear mileage warranty must be
presented to the original purchase shop or an authorized NEXEN dealer.
- You must pay service charge relating to mounting, balancing, and any other service charges including applicable taxes.
- Submit a copy of the original purchase receipt.
- In order to take advantage of the tread wear mileage
warranty, you must submit tire rotation records to verify that
all tires have been rotated at least every 5,000 miles.
8. NEXEN dealer’s obligation
- Authorized NEXEN dealer must submit claim adjustment form
with D.O.T. cut and photos showing tread area as well as damage
area to NEXEN TIRE America Inc. to validate the claim.
- VIN(Vehicle Identification Number) or vehicle year, make and
model must be written on claim form.
9. Tire Care and Maintenance Guide
Tire failure can result in serious damage and/or personal injury.
To reduce the risk of tire failure we recommend the following :
- Maintain proper inflation pressure-do not use at under
inflation or over inflation. Maintain inflation pressure at the
level recommended by vehicle manufacturer.
- Wheel alignment and balancing should be checked at regular
- Do not overload tires. The maximum load carrying capacity is
molded on the sidewall of the tire.
- Do not spin your tires excessively and avoid driving over curbs,
potholes, obstacles and edges of pavement.
- Never drive on smooth(bald) tires. By law, tires must be
replaced when 2/32" of tread depth remained, as indicated by
tread wear indicator molded in the tread grooves.
- Check your tires frequently for any damage including scrapes,
cuts, foreign objects, separations or bulges. If damage is
found, do not attempt to dismount a tire yourself. Change
damaged tire with the spare and contact your local authorized
NEXEN TIRE dealer immediately.
- Do not drive in excess of speed limits allowed by law or the
maximum speed justified by driving conditions.
- To achieve proper even wear and gain maximum tread life, tire
rotation at regular intervals is recommended.
For more information or service regarding NEXEN TIRE, please
contact your nearest Authorized NEXEN Dealer.