Look up "fan belt" in any modern automotive dictionary, and you'll typically find a definition that reads, "An endless belt used to transmit power from a crankshaft-driven pulley to a pulley driving the fan, alternator, or other engine accessory. It is usually V-shaped in cross section with the point of the V fitting into a groove in the pulley".
Mercury Sable Performance Engine Parts
About Mercury Sable Performance Engine Parts
Featured Featured Products
- # 35113020
- # 35113022
- COMP Cams® Valve Springfrom $12.66 - $480.65# 14683233
- # 12064215
- # 12129992
- # 21720025
Guides & Articles
Does your ride have timing gears, a timing belt, or a timing chain? Is one better than the other? And perhaps most importantly, do I need to be concerned about the recommendation to replace the timing belt at a certain mileage interval? Welcome to our discussion of "engine timing".
Michael GrayenGlossary of Engine Internal Parts
Internal combustion engines are extremely complex and feature a wide array of components that rotate, move up and down, pump, seal, or remain stationary. When repairing or rebuilding your engine, you will come across many different terms when referencing repair manuals and ordering parts. We know it can be confusing, especially when the repair is complex. Even if...
Popular Popular Products
- Mercury Sable Models
- Sable Base Performance Engine Parts
- Sable G Performance Engine Parts
- Sable GS Performance Engine Parts
- Sable LS Performance Engine Parts
- Sable LS Premium Performance Engine Parts
- Sable LTS Performance Engine Parts
- Sable Platinum Edition Performance Engine Parts
- Sable Premier Performance Engine Parts