- (21)Complete SystemsMercury Mountaineer
- (64)HeadersMercury Mountaineer
- (58)Catalytic ConvertersMercury Mountaineer
- (186)MufflersMercury Mountaineer
- (1)Exhaust StacksMercury Mountaineer
- (149)Exhaust TipsMercury Mountaineer
- (175)Exhaust PipesMercury Mountaineer
- (100)Clamps, Hangers, GasketsMercury Mountaineer
- (469)Emission ControlMercury Mountaineer
- (96)Performance ChipsMercury Mountaineer
The Mercury Mountaineer is a compact Sports Utility Vehicle with a tenacious demeanor about it. It’s powered by a 4.6L V8 engine and has a sophisticated navigation system that runs on DVD. This vehicle uses an automatic transmission system. By all standards, the Mountaineer is a powerful vehicle. But if you are looking for top performance from your vehicle, you need to replace the stock exhaust system with a performance exhaust system from CARiD. Aftermarket Mercury Mountaineer Exhaust Systems reduce back pressure and turbulence in the engine, increasing scavenging velocity of exhaust gases and rapid inflow of fresh air into the engine. The effect of this changeover is increased horsepower and torque. This will enable your vehicle to achieve faster acceleration and top performance within a short duration.
Aftermarket exhaust systems also enable efficient fuel consumption. Gone are the days when you drove with one eye on the road and the other on the fuel gauge. This new found freedom makes driving a pleasurable experience. Apart from that, you get to enjoy the deep exhaust sound produced. The high quality sound produced is as a result of tight packaging of the acoustics materials. Aftermarket Mercury Mountaineer exhaust systems also eliminate the internal drone associated with the inefficiencies of the stock exhaust system. The new exhaust system is also resistant to rust. It is made from austenitic stainless steel, a material that is resistant to corrosion. Also, the product comes with a lifetime warranty providing a strong assurance about the quality of materials and workmanship used on it. This means you will never have to purchase another exhaust system for as long as you retain possession of your car. Installing the Mercury Mountaineer exhaust system is quite simple. All you need is the instruction manual to guide you.
- Flowmaster® Pipe KitUniversal Scavenger X-Pipe Kit by Flowmaster®. The Patented D-Port design of the Scavenger X-Pipe Kit creates a low-pressure area where the exhaust pulse from one pipe helps pull the next exhaust pulse from the other pipe out of...$71.08 - $373.93
- MagnaFlow® Exhaust SystemsExhaust Systems by MagnaFlow®. Muffler Sound: MODERATE. 4" Tubing. These premium line exhaust systems for diesels with particulate filters include mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing, 100% stainless steel mufflers, optional muffler...Built In Stainless Steel For DurabilityTuned, Powerful Exhaust Sound$202.60 - $3,904.65
- Gibson® Swept Side™ Exhaust SystemSwept Side™ Exhaust System by Gibson®. Get increased horsepower and torque in the rpm range where you need it most, with this Swept Side Cat-Back Exhaust System. This Gibson exhaust system makes maximum low end power, which is...$233.91 - $763.90
- Gibson® Exhaust SystemAmerican Muscle Car™ Exhaust System by Gibson®. Straight Out The Back Exit. Let the engine in your muscle car breathe and make it sound like a real muscle car with an American Muscle Car Aluminized Steel Cat-Back Exhaust. The...CNC mandrel bent exhaust tubingImproved performance$222.79 - $1,189.18
- Schoenfeld Headers® IMCA Modified HeadersIMCA Modified Headers by Schoenfeld Headers®. Comes in a set. Includes Bolts, Studs, Gaskets. Header made from Steel. This top-notch product by Schoenfeld Headers is made to give that extra boost that every driver appreciates. This...Engineered to enhance your vehicle's performanceMade to stringent quality standards$189.49 - $360.70
- Flowmaster® Catalytic ConverterCatalytic Converter by Flowmaster®. The new Flowmaster replacement catalytic converters are made to meet and exceed all federal environmental regulations and, as all Flowmaster products, to deliver the best possible performance....$102.70 - $916.29
- Flowmaster® Standard Duty Oval Catalytic ConverterStandard Duty Oval Catalytic Converter by Flowmaster®. The new Flowmaster replacement catalytic converters are made to meet and exceed all federal environmental regulations and, as all Flowmaster products, to deliver the best...$102.70 - $916.29
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. If your cat needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with little or...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$202.84 - $1,748.68
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Pre-OBDII Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Pre-OBDII Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$79.39 - $1,095.80
- DynoMax® Super Turbo™ MufflerSuper Turbo™ Muffler by DynoMax®. Get improved exhaust flow and reduced back pressure for better performance, and a mellow tone without annoying interior resonance, with this Super Turbo Muffler. Its patented flow directors and...Constructed to increase horsepower and torque thanks to improved exhaust flowAluminized steel Super Turbo muffler maintains a mellow performance tone$48.86 - $152.61
- aFe® Exhaust TipExhaust Tip by aFe®. This stylish exhaust tip will be the finishing touch for any exhaust system. Made of the finest stainless steel, it's available in a highly polished finish or powder coated wrinkle black. Each features the aFe...$55.00 - $595.00
- DynoMax® Tail PipeTail Pipe by DynoMax®. With their great selection of exhaust pipes and accessories, DynoMax will provide you with everything necessary to complete the exhaust job. Every component is manufactured from quality materials and utilizes...Designed to ensure unrestricted exhaust flowDirect fit – no modifications needed to install$12.49 - $248.11
- AP Exhaust® Xlerator™ Stainless Steel Exhaust TipXlerator™ Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip by AP Exhaust®. Today’s exhaust performance market continues to cover a broad spectrum of vehicles. The unique nature of this market is that a product demand is not based on vehicle age or...Made from first-rate materialsEnsures outstanding durability$6.16 - $73.13
- Stainless Works® 304 SS Pipe304 SS Dual Center Section Pipe, 3" by Stainless Works®. Tubing Diameter: 3". Connection Point: Factory Connect. Crossover Style: X-Pipe. CARB Compliant: Yes. This superior product is made from high-grade stainless steel to ensure...Designed to meet strict quality standardsCarefully crafted from first-rate stainless steel$42.30 - $670.50
- Hooker® BlackHeart™ Mid-PipeBlackHeart™ Mid-Pipe without Resonator by Hooker®. Series: BlackHeart™. Header Material: 304 SS. Without Resonator. At the heart of any performance vehicle is the exhaust system. Hooker with its classic heart logo has been at...Lightweight, 18-gauge, 304 stainless steel construction maximizing strength and durabilityAvailable with or without resonator$199.95 - $549.95
Guides & Articles
- Performance Exhaust SystemsHere's A "Tip": Exhaust Tips Are An Easy Way To Dress Up Your TailpipePerformance exhaust systems give you improvements in power output, sound levels, and appearance, all in one package. But let's face it: not everyone has the spare change to buy and bolt up one of these kits. So you soldier on with what you have. And that may be a tired-looking exhaust system that is still functional. You've spent all day washing and waxing the vehicle's paint and chrome to perfection, but no degree of elbow grease will make that tailpipe look better.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre Headers Worth The Performance Improvement?Engines have often been compared to air pumps, because the engine that’s most efficient in terms of economy and power is the one that can get air in and out of its cylinders the easiest. That’s why most performance modifications like conical air filters, cold air intake systems, headers, and cat-back exhaust systems are aimed at making the intake and exhaust systems less restrictive. These parts increase the flow of air into the engine and ease the flow of exhaust gas out of the engine. Among these components, headers may be the most difficult to install. In this article, we’ll discuss what headers do, their different types, and how much performance they can add to your car.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre X-pipes and H-pipes Better Than Straight Pipes on Dual Exhaust Systems?You may be wondering why so many aftermarket performance exhaust system manufacturers are offering dual exhaust systems connected by "H-pipe" or "X-pipe" sections. After all, aren't two separate pipes, or so-called "true duals", the best for performance? The answer is no, but to understand why we have to examine how a typical internal combustion engine works.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsPower, Sound, Looks | Can I Have It All With a Cat-Back Exhaust System?It's an age-old question that many have asked. Will an aftermarket exhaust be worth the expense? While they definitely can be, an important question to ask yourself is do you care more about the deeper sound they’re designed to produce, or the added performance gained from being less restrictive? As car enthusiasts, we’ve become accustomed to associating the sound of a car with its exhaust. After all, doesn’t everyone have a childhood memory or two of a car and the particular sound it made?
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Replacement Exhaust PartsDirect Fit vs. Universal MufflersRegardless of whether you're shopping for a simple replacement muffler that delivers original equipment (OE) sound and performance or an upgraded muffler which provides a deeper growl with increased power through freer exhaust flow, you'll see choices between "direct fit" mufflers and "universal" mufflers. In this article, we'll help you understand the differences between these two styles so you can make a more informed purchase.
Mercury Mountaineer Performance Exhaust Systems Reviews
2006 Mercury Mountaineer