When one looks at the Mercury Capri, two words come to mind: style and performance. The Mercury Capri, a 2 door hatchback with a sports car appearance, is powered by a potent 5L V8 engine and has a choice of two transmission systems: 4-speed automatic or a 5 speed manual transmission system. Despite possessing such impressive credentials, the Capri is hampered by a stock exhaust system that creates back pressure and limits exhaust gas flow. To achieve its true potential, replace the stock exhaust system with a performance exhaust system from CARiD. Performance exhaust systems provide an environment that is conducive for strong performance, fuel economy and great sound. An aftermarket Mercury Capri exhaust system reduces back pressure enabling efficient evacuation of each cylinder and rapid inflow of fresh air. The result is more horsepower and torque gains by approximately 10%. Your vehicle will begin to accelerate faster and achieve top performance in a surprisingly short period of time.
Fuel economy is also realized as a byproduct of increased engine efficiency. But that is not the complete deal. Performance Mercury Capri Exhaust Systems also come with great sound. The exhaust’s ferocious growl is an instant hit, sparking interest even in the most disinterested of road users. High sound quality is maintained throughout. Moreover, this exhaust system is made from austenitic stainless steel, a material that resists corrosion. It also comes with a lifetime warranty meaning top performance is guaranteed for as long as you own the vehicle. Performance exhaust systems possess the best references considering that they are used in race cars and stealth aircraft exhaust systems. Installation is not difficult. Mercury Capri performance exhaust systems come with an instruction guide to aid in installation. Installing the Mercury Capri exhaust system will give your car the edge it deserves.
- Flowmaster® Pipe KitUniversal Scavenger X-Pipe Kit by Flowmaster®. The Patented D-Port design of the Scavenger X-Pipe Kit creates a low-pressure area where the exhaust pulse from one pipe helps pull the next exhaust pulse from the other pipe out of...$71.08 - $373.93
- DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ Exhaust SystemsUltra Flo™ Stainless Steel Single Exhaust System by DynoMax®. Exit Configuration: Single. Exhaust Material: Stainless Steel. Clamp Type: Band. Exit Location: Angle Exit. Muffler Count: 1. Tip Material: Polished Stainless Steel....Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueUltra Flo Welded muffler will give your car a deep performance tone$186.95 - $848.09
- Hooker® Super Competition™ Exhaust SystemSuper Competition™ Cat-Back Exhaust System with Tips by Hooker®. Muffler Series: Super Competition™. Main Piping Diameter: 2.5". Muffler Quantity: Dual. System Type: Cat-Back. Includes: natural finish mufflers, H-Pipe, Tips....Mandrel Bent Not Press BentConsistent Inside Diameter$228.95 - $733.95
- BBK® Full Length Exhaust HeadersFull Length Stainless Headers by BBK Performance®. BBK R&D department developed these Long Tube Exhaust headers with one thing in mind – getting even more horsepower and torque out of your car! This all-new rugged BBK long tube...$439.99 - $1,299.99
- BBK® CNC Series™ Street Strip Long Tube HeadersCNC Series™ Street Strip Long Tube Headers by BBK®. Primary Tubing Diameter: 1.625". Gain 30 plus dyno-proven horsepower just by bolting on a set of BBK long tube, full length headers. These premium headers are CAD designed with...Dyno Testing Results Show a Typical Increase of 30 HorsepowerCNC Mandrel Bent Tubes to Ensure Consistent Diameter throughout the Tubes$399.99 - $549.99
- Flowtech® Performance Long Tube HeaderPerformance Long Tube Header by Flowtech®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Flowtech Exhausts will...Mandrel-formed Power Plenum collectors for low backpressureConstructed of .060 cold roll flash mild steel tubing$146.95 - $1,009.95
- Flowtech® Race Readies™ Exhaust AdapterRace Readies™ Exhaust Adapter by Flowtech®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Flowtech Exhausts...Race Readies twin pack includes free track toolGuaranteed not to leak$64.91 - $88.25
- Hooker® Super Competition™ Full Length Performance HeaderSuper Competition Full Length Performance Header by Hooker®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by...Tuned-length primary tubes for maximum exhaust scavenging and velocityMandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow$496.95 - $1,067.95
- Hooker® Super Competition™ Shorty Performance HeaderSuper Competition Shorty Performance Header by Hooker®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Hooker...Expertly crafted from premium materialsDesigned to match rigorous quality standards$322.95 - $917.95
- Sanderson Headers® Header SetHeader Set by Sanderson Headers®. Includes: Header Bolt Set, Collector Reducers. Primary Tube Diameter: 1-1/2". Collector Diameter: 2-1/2". Weight: 17 lbs. Mid-Length Header Style. Comes with all hardware necessary for installation.$203.18 - $377.99
- Schoenfeld Headers® IMCA Modified HeadersIMCA Modified Headers by Schoenfeld Headers®. Comes in a set. Includes Bolts, Studs, Gaskets. Header made from Steel. This top-notch product by Schoenfeld Headers is made to give that extra boost that every driver appreciates. This...Engineered to enhance your vehicle's performanceMade to stringent quality standards$189.49 - $360.70
- Schoenfeld Headers® Stock Clip HeadersStock Clip Headers by Schoenfeld Headers®. This top-notch product by Schoenfeld Headers is made to give that extra boost that every driver appreciates. This product is designed with utmost care and meticulous attention to detail to...Engineered to enhance your vehicle's performanceMade to stringent quality standards$200.02 - $311.95
- PaceSetter® Exhaust Headerby PaceSetter®. Mild Steel Tubing. Manufactured using mandrel-bent, 16-gauge mild steel tubing and port-matched, CNC-machined, 3/8"-thick head flanges. They are designed for the best combination of ease of installation, fit and...Mandrel-Bent 16 Gauge Mild Steel TubingTubes Enter Collector In Proper Firing$136.20 - $554.40
- Hedman Hedders® Standard Duty HTC Coated HeadersStandard Duty HTC Coated Headers by Hedman Hedders®. The standard-duty Hedman Hedders come from the factory with an extremely durable, protective ceramic-metallic coating. Hedman Hedders, pioneered the use of ceramic-metallic...Made of High Quality MaterialsBuilt to Last$174.05 - $846.63
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. If your cat needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with little or...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$202.84 - $1,748.68
Guides & Articles
- Performance Exhaust SystemsHere's A "Tip": Exhaust Tips Are An Easy Way To Dress Up Your TailpipePerformance exhaust systems give you improvements in power output, sound levels, and appearance, all in one package. But let's face it: not everyone has the spare change to buy and bolt up one of these kits. So you soldier on with what you have. And that may be a tired-looking exhaust system that is still functional. You've spent all day washing and waxing the vehicle's paint and chrome to perfection, but no degree of elbow grease will make that tailpipe look better.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre Headers Worth The Performance Improvement?Engines have often been compared to air pumps, because the engine that’s most efficient in terms of economy and power is the one that can get air in and out of its cylinders the easiest. That’s why most performance modifications like conical air filters, cold air intake systems, headers, and cat-back exhaust systems are aimed at making the intake and exhaust systems less restrictive. These parts increase the flow of air into the engine and ease the flow of exhaust gas out of the engine. Among these components, headers may be the most difficult to install. In this article, we’ll discuss what headers do, their different types, and how much performance they can add to your car.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre X-pipes and H-pipes Better Than Straight Pipes on Dual Exhaust Systems?You may be wondering why so many aftermarket performance exhaust system manufacturers are offering dual exhaust systems connected by "H-pipe" or "X-pipe" sections. After all, aren't two separate pipes, or so-called "true duals", the best for performance? The answer is no, but to understand why we have to examine how a typical internal combustion engine works.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsPower, Sound, Looks | Can I Have It All With a Cat-Back Exhaust System?It's an age-old question that many have asked. Will an aftermarket exhaust be worth the expense? While they definitely can be, an important question to ask yourself is do you care more about the deeper sound they’re designed to produce, or the added performance gained from being less restrictive? As car enthusiasts, we’ve become accustomed to associating the sound of a car with its exhaust. After all, doesn’t everyone have a childhood memory or two of a car and the particular sound it made?
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Replacement Exhaust PartsDirect Fit vs. Universal MufflersRegardless of whether you're shopping for a simple replacement muffler that delivers original equipment (OE) sound and performance or an upgraded muffler which provides a deeper growl with increased power through freer exhaust flow, you'll see choices between "direct fit" mufflers and "universal" mufflers. In this article, we'll help you understand the differences between these two styles so you can make a more informed purchase.
- Walker® Quiet-Flow™ Aluminized Steel Oval Muffler$54.13 - $62.59