Mallory Ignition is part of the Prestolite Performance conglomerate, although the original company goes back to supplying the auto industry since 1925. At one time, Marion Mallory held more patents than anyone except Thomas Edison. Prestolite also owns Mr. Gasket, Hays, Lakewood, ACCEL, Mallory Marine, and Prestolite Wire. Based in Cleveland, Mallory continues its domination of the performance market with a stream of innovative, race-winning products.
- Mallory® Alloy Steel Distributor Drive Gear, RH Rotation (Shaft Outside/Gear Inside Dia. 0.491'')
- Mallory® Comp S/S 42 Series Distributor with Stack Cap
- # 1573059
- # 1573058
- # 1573056
- # 1573055
- # 1573085
- # 1573084
- Mallory® Firestorm™ CD Ford C.O.P. Pro Ignition Control Module
- Mallory® Ignition Control Module
- Mallory® Distributor Rotor
- Mallory® Distributor Rotor
- Mallory® Wire Retainer for 86 Series
- Mallory® Distributor Drive Belt
- Mallory® Ignition Coil Cover
Distributors traditionally have done two things: The points provide energy to the coil, and decide exactly where in the crankshaft rotation to actually trigger the spark. A second function is to parcel the high-voltage spark out to the appropriate plugs. Although distributors are less common on new cars, there's a huge market for upgrades to older distributors to meet the demands of drivers who want the best performance. Mallory can supply you with a conventional, breaker-point ignition to replace your worn-out OEM piece, of course.
Real performance enthusiasts will do more than replace their points with a simple conversion. By dropping in a completely new distributor, you can gain the ability to change the advance curves. With so many parameters on modern engines being dictated by emissions and economy, it's not hard to improve both drivability and power with a few simple tweaks. Mallory's distributors use screwdriver-adjust vacuum advance cans, and mechanical advance mechanisms that are tunable by either a screwdriver, or the simple replacement of a couple of springs on the counterweights.
A serious engine needs plenty of high-voltage spark to light the fires inside the combustion chamber. And with engines revving as high as they do today, it's impossible to keep the coil saturated with enough energy to fire across today's wide plug gaps. That's why Mallory makes ignition amplifiers, the Black Boxes (Okay, Mallory's boxes are red) that take the current from the points or trigger and stepping it up. Feeding a special coil with hundreds of volts instead of only the 12V from the battery is sure to provide a healthy spark.
The ultimate Black Box is Mallory's Firestorm. It does far more than step up the ignition pulses. Taking crankshaft position data from a late-model engine's crankshaft reluctor wheel, a crank-snout mounted reluctor ring or a Firestorm distributor, a Firestorm ignition system will not only provide current to the coil, it's a full-on engine management system, including datalogging, 3D timing maps, the ability to control the spark timing event independently for all 8 cylinders, launch control and a full-on graphic interface to a laptop or a handheld controller.
This company has always been involved in the development of auto racing. Their ignition system first won the Pikes Peak Hill Climb on a Stutz in 1926, and since that time, success has been nothing less than remarkable. Driving the “Mallory Special," Wilbur Shaw finished second at the Indianapolis Speedway in 1933. Between 1961 and 1983, Mallory won more than 16 consecutive races at “The Brickyard." For years, the company has been involved in NASCAR, drag racing, and sprint car racing. And this passionate involvement of the Mallory's experts is what keeps the company at the forefront of the industry. Engineered by the racers and for the races, Mallory products are ready to boost the performance of your vehicle.
| Posted by Alan | (Bryan, OH)
Fits perfect. Performs like original equip. Probably better. No issues at all...Would recommend. Why pay more elsewhere. Need one. Get this one you wont be sorry!
- Popular Mallory Part Numbers
- Mallory® 8556701C - 85 Series Street Performance Distributor with Matching Performance Coil
- Mallory® 217 - Distributor Cap
- Mallory® 29216 - Electronic Ignition Coil
- Mallory® 405M - Ignition Condenser
- Mallory® 607 - Ignition Control Module
- Mallory® 949M - Pro Sidewinder Spark Plug Wire Set
- Mallory® 4748201 - Unilite Electronic Ignition 47 Series Distributor, RH Rotation
- Mallory® 2092M - 209 Cap Style Distributor Cap and Rotor Kit (Includes V8 Unilite)
- Mallory® 25042 - Ignition Standard Breaker Points for YL/23/25 Series
- Mallory® 25042X - Ignition Heavy Duty Breaker Points for YL/23/25 Series