Mallory Ignition is part of the Prestolite Performance conglomerate, although the original company goes back to supplying the auto industry since 1925. At one time, Marion Mallory held more patents than anyone except Thomas Edison. Prestolite also owns Mr. Gasket, Hays, Lakewood, ACCEL, Mallory Marine, and Prestolite Wire. Based in Cleveland, Mallory continues its domination of the performance market with a stream of innovative, race-winning products.
- Mallory® - Dual Point DistributorStarting at: $249.51$249.51
- Mallory® - Unilite Electronic Ignition DistributorStarting at: $304.94$304.94
- Mallory® - Comp S/S DistributorStarting at: $286.11$286.11
- Mallory® - Magnetic Breakerless DistributorStarting at: $382.54$382.54
- Mallory® - Comp 9000 Front Drive DistributorStarting at: $496.44$496.44
- Mallory® - Comp 9000 Magnetic Breakerless 87 Series DistributorStarting at: $549.11$549.11
- Mallory® - Comp 9000 Unilite 86 Series DistributorStarting at: $534.68$534.68
- Mallory® - 84 Series Billet Competition DistributorStarting at: $509.67$509.67
- Mallory® - 85 Series Street Performance DistributorStarting at: $175.92$175.92
- Mallory® - E-Fire Electronic Advance DistributorStarting at: $612.18$612.18
- Mallory® - Max-Fire Electronic Advance DistributorStarting at: $496.26$496.26
- Mallory® - Firestorm™ Dual Sync DistributorStarting at: $387.73$387.73
- Mallory® - 61 Series DistributorStarting at: $317.74$317.74
- Mallory® - Crank Trigger 65 Series DistributorStarting at: $453.46$453.46
- Mallory® - 75 Series HEI DistributorStarting at: $474.18$474.18
- Mallory® - 79 Series TFI DistributorStarting at: $294.28$294.28
- Mallory® - 80 Series HEI/EST DistributorStarting at: $385.97$385.97
- Mallory® - Single Magnetic Pickup Breakerless 84 Series DistributorStarting at: $429.35$429.35
- Mallory® - 95 Series DistributorStarting at: $486.21$486.21
- Mallory® - HEI Race Prepped DistributorStarting at: $213.24$213.24
- Mallory® - Ignition Crank Trigger KitStarting at: $403.86$403.86
- Mallory® - Distributor CapStarting at: $35.24$35.24
- Mallory® - Pro Sidewinder Spark Plug Wire SetStarting at: $83.05$83.05
- Mallory® - Black Pro Wire Spark Plug Wire KitStarting at: $65.63$65.63
- Mallory® - Sprint Wire Spark Plug Wire KitStarting at: $65.63$65.63
- Mallory® - Hyfire VI EZ Digital CD Ignition KitStarting at: $289.66$289.66
- Mallory® - Hyfire VI Multi-Strike CD Ignition KitStarting at: $556.48$556.48
- Mallory® - Hyfire VI Single Stage EZ Digital CD Ignition KitStarting at: $545.52$545.52
- Mallory® - Hyfire VI Sport-L Digital CD Ignition KitStarting at: $313.70$313.70
Distributors traditionally have done two things: The points provide energy to the coil, and decide exactly where in the crankshaft rotation to actually trigger the spark. A second function is to parcel the high-voltage spark out to the appropriate plugs. Although distributors are less common on new cars, there's a huge market for upgrades to older distributors to meet the demands of drivers who want the best performance. Mallory can supply you with a conventional, breaker-point ignition to replace your worn-out OEM piece, of course.
Real performance enthusiasts will do more than replace their points with a simple conversion. By dropping in a completely new distributor, you can gain the ability to change the advance curves. With so many parameters on modern engines being dictated by emissions and economy, it's not hard to improve both drivability and power with a few simple tweaks. Mallory's distributors use screwdriver-adjust vacuum advance cans, and mechanical advance mechanisms that are tunable by either a screwdriver, or the simple replacement of a couple of springs on the counterweights.
A serious engine needs plenty of high-voltage spark to light the fires inside the combustion chamber. And with engines revving as high as they do today, it's impossible to keep the coil saturated with enough energy to fire across today's wide plug gaps. That's why Mallory makes ignition amplifiers, the Black Boxes (Okay, Mallory's boxes are red) that take the current from the points or trigger and stepping it up. Feeding a special coil with hundreds of volts instead of only the 12V from the battery is sure to provide a healthy spark.
The ultimate Black Box is Mallory's Firestorm. It does far more than step up the ignition pulses. Taking crankshaft position data from a late-model engine's crankshaft reluctor wheel, a crank-snout mounted reluctor ring or a Firestorm distributor, a Firestorm ignition system will not only provide current to the coil, it's a full-on engine management system, including datalogging, 3D timing maps, the ability to control the spark timing event independently for all 8 cylinders, launch control and a full-on graphic interface to a laptop or a handheld controller.
This company has always been involved in the development of auto racing. Their ignition system first won the Pikes Peak Hill Climb on a Stutz in 1926, and since that time, success has been nothing less than remarkable. Driving the “Mallory Special," Wilbur Shaw finished second at the Indianapolis Speedway in 1933. Between 1961 and 1983, Mallory won more than 16 consecutive races at “The Brickyard." For years, the company has been involved in NASCAR, drag racing, and sprint car racing. And this passionate involvement of the Mallory's experts is what keeps the company at the forefront of the industry. Engineered by the racers and for the races, Mallory products are ready to boost the performance of your vehicle.
| Posted by Alan | (Bryan, OH)
Fits perfect. Performs like original equip. Probably better. No issues at all...Would recommend. Why pay more elsewhere. Need one. Get this one you wont be sorry!
| Posted by Hattie | (Somerset, MA)
This is a perfect fit for my Chevy Blazer works flawlessly it was delivered in perfect shape and with all needed rubbers connectors etc... I got what I expected.
All appeared excellent with the appearance, fit and installation: however, the clearance between the rotor and the distributor terminals was not correct causing the rotor to strike the terminal ends as the engine ran. Though indicated it was for a Series 37 (Unilite) distributor it was not correct. Mallory recommends the 2092M Cap and rotor set.
| Posted by Ricardo | (Pearl City, HI)
The coil is well made compact. This was a present for myself. I wasn't sure if my old coil was going bad or not, but at higher rpm the car would seem to lay down, I guess i was right because now the car is an animal. I would recommend it.
| Posted by Wayne | (Brownsville, TX)
I trust Mallory products as quality service parts. This distributor cap will no doubt provide many years and untold miles of trouble free operation as did the one it replaced on my vehicle.