RoadMate 1700 7" Touchscreen Vehicle GPS Navigator by Magellan®. Packed with easy-to-use premium features, starting with it's 7-inch wide WVGA color touch screen monitor. This ultra-clear display lets you clearly see where you are on your route with four times the detail found in a standard GPS device. Rounding out the premium features are: Magellan's exclusive OneTouch favorites menu, a high-resolution, QuickSpell with SmartCity search, highway exit point of interest (POI) search, and multi-destination routing with route optimization, just to name a few. Magellan's attention to detail and driver safety delivers a superior user experience.
- OneTouch favorites menu affords instant access to your personalized bookmarks of favorite places and searches anywhere you travel. With a single touch, find your favorite cafe or restaurant when you're traveling within any city.
- 7-inch wide color touch screen is easy to read with four-times the detail of a standard GPS and an anti-glare display that shows your position, POI, route, ETA, and more on the interactive map.
- A/V input lets you watch video from your favorite media player
- Preloaded maps give you information and directions as you travel the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- AAA TourBook provides ratings and descriptions on AAA approved places to stay, play, dine, and save.
- AAA Member Roadside Assistance gets you help fast with a toll-free member service number to assist you in finding an AAA approved tow truck or repair shop. The menu also shows your exact GPS location so you can provide precise information to your location.
- 6 million points of interest (POI) help you easily find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, coffee shops, and much more.
- Highway lane assist points you in the right direction and shows you the correct lane well before your next turn.
- QuickSpell with SmartCity search narrows your address and city searches, making destination entry easy.
- QWERTY keyboard lets you input text easily.
- Multi-destination routing with route optimization lets you plan your trip with multiple stops in the order you want or optimize a trip for the most efficient route, saving you time and money.
- Spoken street name guidance allows you to hear street names with every voice direction so you'll know when to make your next turn.
- Highway exit POI shows you gas stations, restaurants, hotels, and more near upcoming highway exits.
- Branded POI displays your favorite coffee shops, restaurants, and more by their respective logos.
- SmartDetour™ functionality lets you navigate around accidents or stalled traffic, and chooses the best route to get you to your destination quickly and safely.
- Customizable route method lets you select the shortest distance, fastest time, most use of freeways, or least use of freeways to customize your route.
- Bird's eye 3D view lets you clearly see your surroundings in 2D or 3D to make navigation easier.
- Auto re-route ensures that you will never miss a turn and quickly gets your back on track whenever you take a detour.
- Auto Night View™ automatically adjusts your screen's color and contrast for easy night viewing.
The Magellan RoadMate 1700 device lets you bookmark your favorite destinations and searches with the OneTouch favorites menu so you can access them anywhere you travel. With a single touch, find your favorite cafe or restaurant when you're traveling within any city.
And talk about intuition! QuickSpell with SmartCity search helps you quickly enter addresses and narrow your address and city searches, making destination entry easy. Multi-destination routing with route optimization lets you plan your trip with multiple stops in the order you want or optimize a trip for the most efficient route, saving you time and money.
You can keep your eyes on the road as you drive because spoken street name guidance announces street names with every voice direction so you'll know when to make your next turn. Highway lane assist offers visual aids to point you in the right direction and ensure that you'll choose the correct lane well before your next turn.
Should your vehicle unfortunately break down as you travel, the AAA locate screen provides your location so help will know where to find you. Get support fast with the AAA Member Roadside Assistance phone number and your location displayed on the Magellan RoadMate 1700 device screen.
Traffic is always a headache, but your Magellan RoadMate 1700 device has the SmartDetour™ feature that prompts you to route around suddenly slow or stopped freeway traffic, automatically calculating the quickest detour.
The new Magellan RoadMate 1700 device is designed to help ensure driver safety, while providing useful features that make navigation truly enjoyable.
Your Magellan RoadMate 1700 is ready to travel with preloaded maps and points of interest for the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
With 6 million points of interest at your command you can easily locate gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, coffee shops, and much more.
If you need more information or you want to save money, select the AAA search menu after your search entry. The integrated AAA TourBook provides ratings and descriptions on AAA approved places to stay, play, dine, and save.
When you're traveling down the Interstate and need to find gas, food, or lodging in a hurry, touch the highway exit POI icon to see which upcoming highway exits have the services you need.
Turn it on and go!™ The Magellan RoadMate 1700 device is loaded with premier features you'll need to get you where you want to go.
*Requires AAA membership. Visit www.AAA.com/GPS for more details.191.24
Brand: Magellan Part Numbers:
Magellan brand allows people to travel, work and play their way with leading portable navigation and positioning solutions across multiple consumer markets. Recognized as an industry innovator, the company is the creator of the award-winning Magellan RoadMate and Maestro series portable car navigation systems, as well as the Magellan Triton outdoor handheld navigation devices. MiTAC Digital Corporation is privately held and headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation and continues to operate under the Magellan name and logo.Product Reviews (5)
Every Customer can leave a review about our service and the product that was purchased. In order to leave your review for your new product, please follow the link in the email you receive after completing your purchase. You can rate appearance, ease of installation, price/value and product quality.Magellan® - RoadMate 1700 7" Touchscreen Vehicle GPS NavigatorAverage Rating: 4.9 of 5APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITYAll Magellan Reviews(4.8)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY2011 Suzuki Kizashi | Posted by Mark | (Norwalk, CT)
I decided I needed a GPS when I got a job assignment that required traveling to various different stores in the southern California area. All I had to do was enter the address of the hotel or store I needed to go to and the GPS told me exactly how to get there. Any GPS could have done this I suppose, but the RM1700 was the only one with a whopping big 7" display. The last thing you need to be doing while driving down the freeway at 65mph is stare at a tiny display. With just a quick glance at this device, I can get everything I need to know.Was this review helpful for you? YesNoShare this review:(4.5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY2005 Nissan Titan | Posted by Terry | (Sundance, WY)
I purchased this to replace my RoadMate 1425 that died and I love the 1700 LM! The big screen is great and easy to use as well as easy to see! The volume is nice and loud and seems to be accurate with directions.Was this review helpful for you? YesNoShare this review:(5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY2013 Cadillac SRX | Posted by Wendy | (Punta Gorda, FL)
The Magellan is so much easy to see because of its much larger size. The menu is simple to navigate and it includes the AAA travel guide, which we have used in book form for years. Street names are presented in easy-to-read-at-a-glance fonts, for those of us who actually look at the GPS while driving. The screen is bright enough to be easily read, even through dark sunglasses. Also, I like the auto turn-to-night feature, which changes the screen colors to suit nighttime driving. And I love the big screen! I plan to buy a portable DVD player for my wife for Christmas and the Magellan will accept composite video from the player and give us two screens if we choose (but not while driving).Was this review helpful for you? YesNoShare this review:(5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY2001 Buick Le Sabre | Posted by Tony | (Lockport, IL)
Have just used it for one day and love it. Beautiful display, very intuitive, the screen is very sensitive to the touch, voice instructions are loud and clear, and just the right amount, routing was right on, it really looks good thus far. In the coming weeks, I'll really wring it out on an extended trip across America (what I bought it for) and may report more.Was this review helpful for you? YesNoShare this review:(5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY| Posted by Eric | (San Jose, CA)
I bought this because I was interested in a larger display. We use it in a motorhome and both of us like to be able to see the GPS. Not so easy with a typical 3.5" unit. We previously owned a Magellan unit and were happy with it but wanted a larger display.4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful for you? YesNoShare this review:
Product Reviews (5)
Product Reviews (5)
You will never pay more with CARiD! Not only will we match prices from any competitor's website or other reputable source, we will continue to honor that promise for up to one year after your purchase.
We'll match the price at time of purchase, or refund you the difference if done after the purchase. Either way, we are totally committed to providing you the best online shopping experience.
We're car and truck enthusiasts, just like you! And it's enthusiasts we hire in our Sales and Service Centers. Many of our staff are ASE certified and have spent years in the retail auto business.
We conduct our own in-house training, and we even bring vendors to us for hands-on product training demonstrations. You're getting true expertise when you phone or email us!
With hundreds of vendors, and tens of thousands of components for sale, we put tremendous effort into coordinating our data with our vendors' data in order to guarantee that you get the correct part.
Our huge database is regularly cross-checked to keep it current and optimized. At times, our thoroughness makes our data even more accurate than our suppliers! This rigorous process means that you can always order with confidence.