- Designed for a higher level of ride comfort, retaining a comfortable spring rate with effective harmonic dampening
- 1-way damping allows adjustment of shock rebound only, between sporty and comfortable soft (some slight related compression rate changes may occur naturally as a result)
- Shock absorbers are a twin-tube dampening design formed of an inner tubular element within an outer tubular element
- Comes with an external adjustment wheel that is manually turned near the top of the shock absorber (some vehicle applications may require the use of a wrench that is included)
- Designed for the enthusiast who does mostly street driving with periodic aggressive on-road use
- Street-biased coil springs are constructed with a multi-level tempering process (annealing, shot blasting, jigging, UV-test, phosphate coating, EPS coating) for optimal durability and minimized jigging characteristics
- Composite polyamide spring plates and ring nuts are light weight, corrosion-free, and effectively dampen vibrations and road noise
- Corrosion-free stainless steel spring strut casing features dirt-resistant threads to ensure easy adjustment in all climates and dust levels
- Features a high-quality elastomer synthetic compression buffer/additional spring with integrated dust cap that protects against grit and the elements
- Reduces body roll, nose dive, and rear squat
- Set ride height high or low equally on each corner, or stagger ride height unevenly for oval race track use
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
The Street Comfort Coilover Lowering Kit is designed with the modern performance car enthusiast who drives their vehicle on the street to work every day. This set of front and rear coilovers comes with one manual adjustment knob mounted on each shock absorber that dials in a stiffer rebound rate and drops the ride height at that corner of the vehicle. Set all four shock absorbers identically for aggressive driving on the street, or you can set one side of the vehicle differently for oval track racing. During street commuting when springs are extended to full ride height, stock ride comfort is restored. During performance driving when the coilovers are hunkered down, they effectively assist the shock absorber to reduce body roll, nose dive, and rear squat.
Street Comfort Coilover Lowering Kit shock absorbers feature a twin-tube dampening design formed of an inner tubular element within an outer tubular element for superior performance. Fitted coil springs are constructed with a multi-level tempering process that includes an annealing stage which heats the metal, then allows it to cool slowly in order to minimize internal stresses and increase strength. Metal is then shot blasted to remove surface imperfections and coated with a durable outer finish to minimize vibrations and resist corrosion. Most strut casings are made from corrosion-free stainless steel and feature dirt-resistant threads to ensure easy adjustment in all climates and dust levels. A high-quality elastomer synthetic compression buffer serves as an additional spring, and an integrated dust cap ensures grit and the elements never reach inner valve assemblies. KW Suspension offers a limited lifetime warranty on Street Comfort Coilover Lowering Kit components to the original retail purchaser against defects in workmanship and materials.1,599.99 3,999.99
Founded in 1995 in Germany, KW Automotive GmbH has grown from a small workshop-based manufacturer into a global leader and manufacturer of adjustable suspension coilovers and other related products. The secret of KW’s success has come from the relentless development and testing that has consistently led to superior products and created satisfied customers. For example, KW uses a state-of-the-art 7-post dynamic test stand to simulate the most grueling racetrack conditions that coilover shocks and springs could possibly face. One of only a handful of such test stands in the world used by Formula 1 teams, KW engineers have put it to effective use refining and perfecting dampening levels of shock absorber compression and rebound. This ensures KW coilovers will give you durability and the fine-tuned ride quality you seek for your car or truck. KW has co-developed suspension products with Mercedes AMG, Rousch Mustangs, and Dodge’s Viper SRT10 to name a few, and their products have helped achieve victories in Nürburgring 24 hour races, BFGoodrich long distance championships, World Touring Car Championships, FIA GT races and more. CARiD offers the best values you’ll find on a full lineup of KW Suspensions coilover kits, hydraulic lift coilovers, sway bar components, and individual replacement parts which prove that lowered style and ride comfort are not mutually exclusive.Product Reviews (2)
Every Customer can leave a review about our service and the product that was purchased. In order to leave your review for your new product, please follow the link in the email you receive after completing your purchase. You can rate appearance, ease of installation, price/value and product quality.KW Suspensions® - Street Comfort Coilover Lowering KitAverage Rating: 4.9 of 5APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITYShop Now(4.8)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY2009 Audi A3
| Posted by Duane | (Maspeth, NY)
The product is excellent, mounted right on. Everything was as it should be, bolts and washers were just the right length, installed in minutes. Thank you. Good product.6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful for you? YesNoShare this review:(5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY2005 Volkswagen Passat
| Posted by Charles | (Vero Beach, FL)
Very nice stance after installation...not too low, just perfect for daily driver. Haven't pushed it around turns yet so no feedback on the sway bars, but car rides very smooth.5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful for you? YesNoShare this review:
Product Reviews (2)
Product Reviews (2)
You will never pay more with CARiD! Not only will we match prices from any competitor's website or other reputable source, we will continue to honor that promise for up to one year after your purchase.
We'll match the price at time of purchase, or refund you the difference if done after the purchase. Either way, we are totally committed to providing you the best online shopping experience.
We're car and truck enthusiasts, just like you! And it's enthusiasts we hire in our Sales and Service Centers. Many of our staff are ASE certified and have spent years in the retail auto business.
We conduct our own in-house training, and we even bring vendors to us for hands-on product training demonstrations. You're getting true expertise when you phone or email us!
With hundreds of vendors, and tens of thousands of components for sale, we put tremendous effort into coordinating our data with our vendors' data in order to guarantee that you get the correct part.
Our huge database is regularly cross-checked to keep it current and optimized. At times, our thoroughness makes our data even more accurate than our suppliers! This rigorous process means that you can always order with confidence.