- Choose the DDC Coilover Plug & Play Lowering Kit (4 coilovers only) if you need to replace or upgrade worn shocks for vehicles already equipped with electronic dampening systems
- Choose the DDC Coilover ECU Lowering kit (4 coilovers, ECU control module, wiring, control switch) if you need all components to add electronic dampening to vehicle not originally equipped
- Optional WLAN module works in conjunction with the DDC ECU Coilover Lowering Kit to provide wireless control from your iPhone or iPad
- Combines advantages of a coilover kit with the convenience and comfort of electronic in-vehicle control
- DDC Coilover Plug & Play Lowering Kit works with vehicle’s existing factory control module and interior switch(es)
- Comfort mode provides softest ride setting for uneven or poor road surfaces
- Normal mode provides a firmer, sportier feel for every day driving over better road surfaces
- Sport mode provides a very firm setting with minimal body roll for high performance use
- Each coilover can be lowered individually upon driver’s command
- Shock absorbers are a twin-tube dampening design formed of an inner tubular element within an outer tubular element
- Constructed with a multi-level tempering process (annealing, shot blasting, jigging, UV-test, phosphate coating, EPS coating) for optimal durability and minimized jigging characteristics
- Composite polyamide spring plates and ring nuts are light weight, corrosion-free, and effectively dampen vibrations and road noise
- Corrosion-free stainless steel spring strut casing features dirt-resistant threads to ensure easy adjustment in all climates and dust levels
- Features a high-quality elastomer synthetic compression buffer/additional spring with integrated dust cap that protects against grit and the elements
- 100% street legal and German TUV approved
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
Dynamic Damping Control Coilover (“DDC”) Lowering Kits feature 4 electronically activated coilover springs which allow the driver to remotely change suspension damping rates and lower ride height individually on each corner. If your vehicle came from the factory with an electronically adjustable suspension already, the “Plug & Play” kit provides just the coilover springs – as replacement parts or as an upgrade. Wire connectors attached to each coilover plug directly in and work with your vehicle’s existing wiring, factory control module, and interior switchgear.
If your vehicle came from the factory with traditional coil springs and shocks and has no components of an electronically adjustable suspension system, the “ECU” kit provides everything needed to retrofit your vehicle. It includes 4 power coilovers designed to bolt in place of your original springs and shocks, but adds some extra things your vehicle doesn’t have. An electronic control module (ECU) is included along with all the wiring you’ll need to reach all 4 coilovers at each corner of the vehicle. Because each coilover contains its own pump, they can all be lowered individually upon the driver’s command using a control switch that’s included as well. There’s even an optional W-LAN module which allows wireless control using an app on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Whichever you choose, ride height can be set high or low equally on all four corners or it can be staggered on one side for oval race track use. Comfort mode provides the softest ride setting for uneven or poor road surfaces, Normal mode provides a firmer, sportier feel for every day driving over better road surfaces, and Sport mode provides a very firm setting with minimal body roll for high performance use. DDC coilovers are a twin-tube dampening design formed of an inner tube element within an outer tubular element. Coil springs are constructed with a multi-level tempering process that includes an annealing stage which heats the metal, then allows it to cool slowly in order to remove internal stresses and increase strength. Metal is then shot blasted to remove surface imperfections and coated with a durable outer finish to minimize vibrations and resist corrosion. Corrosion-free stainless steel spring strut casing features dirt-resistant threads to ensure easy adjustment in all climates and dust levels, and a high-quality elastomer synthetic compression buffer serves as an additional spring. An integrated dust cap ensures grit and the elements do not reach inner valve areas.419.99 19,159.99
Founded in 1995 in Germany, KW Automotive GmbH has grown from a small workshop-based manufacturer into a global leader and manufacturer of adjustable suspension coilovers and other related products. The secret of KW’s success has come from the relentless development and testing that has consistently led to superior products and created satisfied customers. For example, KW uses a state-of-the-art 7-post dynamic test stand to simulate the most grueling racetrack conditions that coilover shocks and springs could possibly face. One of only a handful of such test stands in the world used by Formula 1 teams, KW engineers have put it to effective use refining and perfecting dampening levels of shock absorber compression and rebound. This ensures KW coilovers will give you durability and the fine-tuned ride quality you seek for your car or truck. KW has co-developed suspension products with Mercedes AMG, Rousch Mustangs, and Dodge’s Viper SRT10 to name a few, and their products have helped achieve victories in Nürburgring 24 hour races, BFGoodrich long distance championships, World Touring Car Championships, FIA GT races and more. CARiD offers the best values you’ll find on a full lineup of KW Suspensions coilover kits, hydraulic lift coilovers, sway bar components, and individual replacement parts which prove that lowered style and ride comfort are not mutually exclusive.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)
You will never pay more with CARiD! Not only will we match prices from any competitor's website or other reputable source, we will continue to honor that promise for up to one year after your purchase.
We'll match the price at time of purchase, or refund you the difference if done after the purchase. Either way, we are totally committed to providing you the best online shopping experience.
We're car and truck enthusiasts, just like you! And it's enthusiasts we hire in our Sales and Service Centers. Many of our staff are ASE certified and have spent years in the retail auto business.
We conduct our own in-house training, and we even bring vendors to us for hands-on product training demonstrations. You're getting true expertise when you phone or email us!
With hundreds of vendors, and tens of thousands of components for sale, we put tremendous effort into coordinating our data with our vendors' data in order to guarantee that you get the correct part.
Our huge database is regularly cross-checked to keep it current and optimized. At times, our thoroughness makes our data even more accurate than our suppliers! This rigorous process means that you can always order with confidence.