SuperComp Rear Brake Kit (BKSB040-863CBL) by KSport®. Specifications: 400mm (15.7") Cross Drilled 2-Pc Rotors, 8 Piston Blue Color Calipers with Street Pads. This is K-Sport’s most extreme brake upgrade kit designed to provide the highest level of stopping power with larger-diameter disc rotors. Includes replacement calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines, and related hardware. All calipers feature 1-piece construction from a solid billet of aircraft grade aluminum for light weight, unparalleled strength and freedom from corrosion along with aluminum pistons that provide better heat resistance and smoother operation. Front calipers have 8 pistons and 4 brake pads each, while rear calipers have 6 pistons and 2 pads each. Choose slotted or drilled rotors – both come with a 2-piece design with aluminum center for lower rotational mass, reduced warpage, and shorter stopping distances. See Product Options for rotor sizes and designs, brake pad choices, caliper choices, and color options.
- KSport’s higher level brake upgrade kit that includes replacement calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines, and related hardware
- SuperComp kit adds larger 8-piston front calipers with 4 individual brake pads and 6-piston rear calipers
- SuperComp rotors add standard full-floating design for better self-centering in the caliper which lowers brake drag and boosts performance
- All components are designed for bolt-on replacement without modifications
- See Product Options for larger rotor sizes and designs, brake pad choices, caliper choices, and color options
- All calipers feature 1-piece construction from a solid billet of aluminum for light weight and unparalleled strength
- Opposed-piston caliper design greatly improves pad grip and reduces uneven wear
- Aluminum caliper pistons provide freedom from corrosion, better heat resistance, and lighter weight
- Reinforced carbon steel caliper brackets allow these larger-than-OEM size calipers to bolt directly on to existing mounting points
- All rotors feature 2-piece design with an aluminum center for lower rotational mass, quicker braking response, and shorter stopping distances
- 2-piece design greatly reduces chance of rotor warpage through less restricted expansion/contraction of outer iron section
- All caliper seals are heavy duty for sustained high-temperature racetrack use
- Outer rotor sections are crafted from iron with high carbon content which achieves low levels of noise, vibration, and harshness
- Stainless steel brake lines prevent expansion under high temperatures and pressures for faster pedal response
- Slotted rotors are recommended for track use and feature grooves on rotor surface to wipe away heat, dust, and gases
- Drilled rotors are recommended for daily street use and feature holes in rotor surface to wipe away heat, dust, and gases
- For street use, choose Street pads with long-lasting, low-dust ceramic compound
- For track only use, choose Race pads with heavy-duty carbon metallic construction for best bite
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
KSport offers their highest and most powerful level of stopping power with SuperComp brake upgrade packages that require no vehicle modifications to install. They offer all benefits of KSport’s ProComp kit, but with bigger calipers, bigger rotors, more pistons, and increased stopping power through larger pads (front SuperComp calipers are even equipped with a double set of brake pads). No matter which kit you select, you’ll get the benefits of decades of racetrack experience and engineering from KSport. All brake calipers are cut from one block of aluminum rather than being cast or welded together. This provides perfectly even thicknesses and strength over every part of the caliper block to eliminate weak spots which lead to fracturing, warpage, and failure over time. To build on the weight-reducing characteristics of the calipers, caliper pistons are also made from aluminum and protected with heavy-duty seals designed to handle racetrack temperatures. Better heat transferrance ensures pistons slide smoothly and evenly without drag, and the aluminum ensures caliper operation remains uncompromised by corrosion over time. Additionally, an opposed-piston design ensures brake pad grip and wear remain consistent on both sides of the rotor.
All rotors are a 2-piece design to provide light weight, fade-free performance on the racetrack, effective grip during street racing and drifting, and comfortable, easy-to-use operation under normal driving conditions. Lightweight center sections crafted from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum give you the benefit of lower rotational mass – making wheels easier to stop, and giving you the instant snap of brake response that’s proper for high performance driving. Because the outer section of the 2-piece rotor can expand and contract independently from the center section, chances of the entire rotor warping due to heat buildup are greatly reduced. And since aluminum is a better conductor of heat, the center sections serve as effective heat sinks by passing heat off faster to the air and to the hub assembly. Combined, these two factors give them a much longer service life than traditional 1-piece rotors. For the serious racetrack driver that’s mindful of avoiding temperature buildup which causes brake fluid boiling and pedal fade, all SuperComp rotors are built with a “full floating” design. Such a layout features an outer section designed to shift slightly as needed. Better self-centering in the caliper lowers brake drag and boosts performance through more even application.
SuperComp rotors are also available in “Street” applications with cross-drilled holes in the outer section to provide supremely effective management of heat, dust, and gasses that build up during aggressive driving. Drilled rotors are best matched to low-dust, long-life “Street” ceramic pads that function most effectively in the 194 – 1,022 degree Fahrenheit range typically reached on the street. For heavier-duty track use, KSport recommends rotors in slotted form for more solidity along with “Race” pads that function most effectively in the 482 – 1,472 degree Fahrenheit range reached during racing.
Founded in 2003 in Arizona, KSport USA Suspension Company has risen to prominence by producing high-performance suspension and brake system upgrades that provide winning results without breaking apart or breaking your wallet. The consistent high level of sophistication and quality KSport bakes into every product has earned them respect among all classes of racetrack drivers across the globe. As a premiere worldwide producer respected throughout the industry today, KSport has been recognized with TUV/ISO 9001:2008 certification for best business practices. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on a full range of KSport coilovers, lowering springs, air suspension kits, control arms, brake upgrade packages, and much more designed to enhance performance and handling on the track and on the street.