If your vehicle is equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), installation of TPMS sensors in your new wheels is required to keep your vehicle's TPMS functioning properly.
NHTSA's interpretation of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act prohibits service providers from installing aftermarket tires and wheels on your vehicle without working TPMS sensors.
- If your vehicle is equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and you purchase a wheel & tire package from us, you have the following options:
- a) Add TPMS sensors and have us mount and balance your wheels and tires
- b) Mount and balance the tires on the wheels without TPMS sensors and have your service provider transfer existing TPMS sensors or install new TPMS sensors obtained locally.
- c) Do not mount and balance my wheels & tires
- We strongly recommend to use our TPMS sensor option upgrade for these simple reasons:
- There is a high risk of damage when transferring TPMS from your factory wheels to your new aftermarket wheels
- Conveniently receive a fully functional and assembled wheel & tire package without having to do any extra work or incur further costs
- Always have an extra set. Enjoy the convenience of quickly switching between your factory and custom wheels for Snow or Racing
- We have state of the art equipment to "scratchless" mount and "road force" balance any size wheel and tire that most local shops cannot
- Oro-Tek has been engineering and manufacturing premium quality sensors since the beginning of TPMS
- Save money on installation since we install TPMS sensors at no charge
- Save money on shipping since shipping wheels and tires separately costs substantially more
- Save money on assembly since we mount and balance at no charge