- 1. What is the Vertical Doors Lambo door system?
- The Vertical Doors Lambo door system is a pre-drilled custom fitted hinge system that converts your doors to open up in "Lambo" style. All the kits are direct bolt-on replacements for your current stock hinges and are designed specifically for each car or truck.
- 2. Does the VDC kit replace my doors?
- No, it does not replace your doors. It only replaces the door hinges. You keep your original doors.
- 3. What are the Vertical Doors Lambo hinges made out of?
- All kits are made out of pre-hardened steel. All of the pivot points are hardened and tempered too. The system utilizes Spherical Ball Bearings (allows for better shock motion), grease fittings, and 2 adjustment screws that allow for proper alignment and better clearance. They are all manufactured in the USA.
- 4. Are the hinges made to fit my vehicle?
- The Vertical Doors Lambo door hinges are direct bolt-on replacements for your current stock hinges. That means you can remove your stock hinges and just install the Vertical Doors replacement Lambo hinges in their place. This makes for the easiest installation in the industry. Currently, the company manufactures over 25 different bolt-on kits designed specifically for each car or truck.
- 5. Can I install these myself or do I have to take it to a shop to have it done? How long does it take to install?
- It is recommended to have all Lambo hinges professionally installed at a local body or customizing shop; however, if you are a mechanically inclined person, you may be able to install them yourself. It takes approximately two to three hours per door.
- 6. Will I need to make any modifications at all?
- The only modification you will need to make is the rolling of the inner fenders for clearance. Most cars need to have this done. What it means is that the inner fender lip must be cut and folded in order to provide better clearance for the hinge. This is on the inner side of your fender, so no painting or body work will be necessary.
- 7. What is the normal installation process?
- 1) Disconnect the battery.
- 2) Remove the fender.
- 3) Make sure to remove the door catch (if any).
- 4) Usually, you will need more wire slack: usually, you will need to remove the door panel or kick plate. Do not cut your factory wires unless you have no other choice. Use 2" painters tape to mark the factory door location on the vertical and horizontal planes. Also, measure the distance between the apron and front edge of the door by the top and bottom hinge.
- 5) Close the door and use 2" painters tape to secure the door to the body of the car.
- 6) Install the Lambo Door kit, make sure you have a flat surface; if not, you may need to modify the apron.
7) Make fine-tuning adjustments and make sure all pivot points are greased. Installed the shock.
***DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF TOOLS ON THE BODY OR SHAFT OF THE SHOCK***Note: Do not install fender until the door adjustment is accurate. Also, make sure everything is tight, adjustment is set and, everything is sealed with Locktite.
- 8) Modify the factory wire loom: in order to be able to open and raise the door, cut the factory wire boot in half and add wire loom to protect exposed wires.
9) Cut the inner lip of your fender to make room for the new Lambo Door kit. Note: Cut only enough for the swing arm to move freely; after you have cut the fender, use a sander or grinder and make sure the surface is completely smooth. Use touch-up paint to protect the exposed material and to give it a finished look.
Close the door and reinstall the fender.It is as simple as that.
- 8. How do the doors open once I install the Lambo hinges?
- 1. When inside. Grab the door handle of the car. When pushed away from you, the door will open 12-18 inches like it normally does. From there, the door will stop and not open horizontally any further. Once done, you will grab the bottom of the door and lift it vertically. The door will then reach a certain point and will not lift anymore. At this point, you will be able to get in and out of the vehicle. In normal case, the bottom back portion of the door will be higher than the roof of the vehicle.
- 2. When outside. Grab the door handle of the car. When pulled toward you, the door will open 12-18 inches like it normally does. From there, the door will stop and not open horizontally any further. Once done, you will grab the edge of the door and lift vertically. The door will then reach a certain point and will not lift anymore. At this point, you will be able to get in and out of the vehicle. In normal case, the bottom back portion of the door will be higher than the roof of the vehicle.
- 9. How high do the doors go up?
- Depending on how you adjust the hinges.
- 10. What holds the doors up when I open them?
- Supplied with your Vertical Doors kit is a pair of high pressure gas-assisted heavy-duty struts that hold your doors open and make opening and closing your doors easier. These will not automatically open and close the doors for you, just assist in the motion. They operate similar to how the shocks on your hood work. They assist in the opening and closing of the door as well as hold it open for you.
- 11. Once I install the new hinges, will I still have the factory door seal?
- Yes, the doors close and seal up just like they would with the factory hinges.
- 12. Can the Lambo hinges work on a 4-door vehicle?
- The Vertical Door Lambo hinges are made to convert front doors only. They are not intended to convert the back passenger doors.
- 13. What about the door wiring extensions? Do you provide those as well?
- Each bolt-on kit comes with wire extensions and connectors to extend the wiring harness. All wires must be extended to have clearance with the hinge.
- 14. Are Lambo Hinges street-legal?
- That varies from state to state. Check with your local laws to be sure. As with most customized products, these are designed for show/recreational use only.
- 15. Is there a motorized or an automatic version of the Vertical Doors kit available?
- At this time, there is only a manual version of the bolt-on kit available. In the future, there may be a motorized version released. Once that product is released, the manual kits that are now being produced should be upgradable to the motorized version.
- 16. What is the warranty on the Vertical Doors Lambo Kit?
- The shocks are covered by the manufacturer's warranty for a period of 6 months. If for any reason the shocks should become defective during this time, the defective parts can be returned for replacement, however they can not be altered or customized in any way. Any modifications to your kit will void the warranty. (Please note, the Universal Style Vertical Doors kit requires modification).