Quality As a market leader, we proudly manufacture all of our products in the USA using premium components and the latest technology. Our products range from direct-fit converters and cat-back systems to universal mufflers and builder's kits for fabricating your own custom system. As an ISO-9001 certified company we believe in our product's ability to perform and back it up with a lifetime warranty.
Power In our 30 years of experience we've learned that automotive enthusiasts always want more. Our 30,000 square-foot R&D tech center is home to two in-ground dynamometers, a flow bench, and sound testing to ensure that every new part passes our quality and performance standards before being approved for manufacturing. If it doesn't produce power, we don't make it.
Sound We want you to have the best sound possible. With this in mind, we've designed our mufflers to have a free flowing, straight through design with a perforated stainless steel core, mesh wrap and acoustical fiber fill to deliver that smooth, deep tone. Our mufflers are packed tight with the acoustic material to ensure long life and no sound degradation.
MagnaFlow MagnaFlow got its start as a natural extension of Car Sound Exhaust systems. Our parent company specializes in superior catalytic converter technology and has spent the last 30 years earning its reputation as a market leader around the world. We're proud to continue this tradition through producing the best sounding, best performing and most durable exhaust components in the world. If you're looking for quality, power and sound, then you're looking for MagnaFlow.
MagnaFlow's headquarters is a 50,000-square-foot office and special projects manufacturing facility. It is home to Management, Sales, Marketing and the latest computer technology that links the various MagnaFlow production centers.
We design our products in our fully equipped 30,000-square-foot R&D Tech Center which is the home to the CAD Engineering Department, the Prototype Department & Fixturing Departments, two in-ground dynamometers, flow-bench, and sound testing. Each new component must pass both quality and performance evaluations prior to a manufacturing commitment. MagnaFlow's product development is a result of our commitment to performance products that deliver results.
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA FACILITY:
MagnaFlow's secondary manufacturing center is 125,000 square-feet housing all operations required for the supplementary manufacturing of MagnaFlow mufflers, systems, tips and converter.
MANUFACTURING & DISTRIBUTION CENTER:
MagnaFlow's 280,000-square-foot manufacturing and distribution center is home to the latest robotics and automation technology. As the primary manufacturing facility, MagnaFlow's performance and emissions product lines take their initial form here. A sophisticated inventory and distribution system ensures timely delivery.
MagnaFlow's European Headquarters located in Rome, Italy.
Performance Exhaust LIFETIME Warranty
The manufacturer warrants that all Magnaflow Performance products are free from defects. Most of our mufflers* are warranted against blowouts and defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle on which it was originally installed. The warranty is void if the muffler is not installed properly on the vehicle for which it is designed.
This warranty does not apply to any muffler which has been installed on any commercial or racing vehicle or which has been improperly installed, altered, or subjected to misuse or damage from accidents. Also, cost of labor and any additional parts required to complete installation of a replacement muffler are not covered by this warranty.
The warranty certificate, along with proof of purchase, MUST be presented to the service outlet from which you originally purchased the muffler, or any participating dealer, when making a claim for replacement. The original muffler must also be returned and exchanged for a new muffler of the same part number.
No other warranty, expressed or implied (including merchantability), applies to the mufflers, nor is any person or the manufacturer authorized to assume any other warranty. The manufacturer does not assume any responsibility for any consequential damages occasioned by the muffler, or inconvenience or interruption in any operation.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
*MagnaFlow's XL Series muffler/exhaust, catalytic converter, and titanium exhaust line carries a limited warranty.
- Does MagnaFlow make a Catalytic Converter?
- YES. Car Sound Exhaust System, LLC., the parent company of MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust is a world leader in the manufacturing of automotive catalytic converters. The production and design techniques of our catalytic converters contribute to Car Sound's standing as the highest quality and best-valued products on the market. Car Sound Exhaust System has been in business for over 20 years.
- Are all your Cat-Back Systems made with Stainless Steel?
- Yes, all our Cat-Back Exhaust Systems are completely made from stainless steel (except for our Titanium Performance Exhaust). Everything from the pipes, hangers, clamps, muffler and tips. *Tips, mufflers, and resonators (where applicable) are "mirror finish", polished stainless steel. Stainless steel is better looking and more durable than aluminum.
- What does the Cat-Back Exhaust System include and can I install the system myself?
- Our cat-back exhaust systems are COMPLETE. Everything from the pipes, hangers, clamps, mufflers and tips are included and stainless steel in construction. Tips, mufflers, and resonators (where applicable) are "mirror finish", polished stainless steel. They come with everything needed to bolt up in place of your factory system using basic tools. The majority of MAGNAFLOW products do not require welding, cutting or bending, however, select applications may require additional welding for optimal installation. While our systems are designed with consideration for "Do It Yourself" installations, we recommend professional installation. Typical installations take about 1 hour.
- I have a sport compact car, but you don't offer a cat-back system for my car. What are my options?
- The "Street Series" universal mirror finish mufflers, equipped with tips, are designed for all sport compact cars in mind. For a full cat-back system you can visit your local "Pro-Installer" to custom bend a system that can be used in conjunction with our "Street Series" and "Race Series" mirror finish line mufflers for a complete cat-back system.
- Does a dual cat-back exhaust system perform better than a single?
- In most cases a single exhaust will give you better torque and horsepower. The exception would be a heavily modified engine.
- Will I get better gas mileage with MagnaFlow Performance Exhausts?
- YES, a better performing engine uses fuel more efficiently, if driving conditions and tendencies are similar. However, it is not a guarantee. Our mufflers were designed as performance mufflers. *MagnaFlow's diesel exhaust for trucks will see the biggest gains due to our systems' dropping EGT's over 150 degrees.
- How much horsepower can I expect to gain?
- It's different for every car, but typically expected gains are in the average range of 10%.Replacing the muffler/exhaust with a MagnaFlow will help your engine increase power by being able to expel exhaust gases quicker. This creates less workload for the engine, makes it run more efficient, and results in better power.
- Are MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust systems legal?
- YES, all of our Cat-Back Exhaust Systems comply with most state and federal laws with the exception of the Magnapacks. (Please note, local laws may vary. Contact your local law enforcement for specific guidelines.) Our products are designed and tested to meet legal sound level limits; however, when used in conjunction with other products (such as air intake systems or exhaust headers), the overall combined effect might cause particular vehicles to exceed the allowable limits.
A new law (27150.2 VC) does not require police to use a sound meter to test for excessive noise. A citation is now based upon the officers judgment. Cited violators may have testing done at a smog referee station.
Also, check with www.sema.org for more info. SEMA is a trade organization of the automotive aftermarket, which has been active in protecting consumer rights.
- Difference between MAGNAFLOW PERFORMANCE, MAGNAFLOW XL PERFORMANCE, MAGNAFLOW PRO PERFORMANCE, MAGNAFLOW DIRECT-FIT MUFFLER KIT.
- MAGNAFLOW PERFORMANCE diesel systems are our premium line featuring a POLISHED 100% stainless muffler and mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing with a DOUBLE WALL tip.
MAGNAFLOW XL PERFORMANCE is our mid-level performance diesel system featuring a 100% stainless steel muffler and mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing with a single wall tip.
MAGNAFLOW PRO PERFORMANCE is our entry-level performance diesel system featuring a 100% stainless steel muffler and mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing. Optional 5" diesel tips are sold separately.
MAGNAFLOW DIRECT-FIT MUFFLER KIT If you want to get some of the sound, looks and performance of our full cat-back systems, but are working on a budget, consider Magnaflow's all new 100% stainless steel direct-fit muffler kit.
All four lines are 100% stainless steel AND backed by a lifetime warranty.
- Why is MagnaFlow the best exhaust system?
- Nothing performs better, looks better, or sounds better than MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust. Our Research and Development Team invests many hours to ensure our products stay competitive and perform the way they should.
Our systems feature straight-through flow designs for the ultimate in unrestricted horsepower and torque for big power while maintaining exhaust efficiency.
The internal MagnaFlow muffler is designed of stainless steel perforated core, stainless steel wool, and an acoustical absorbent material -- superior to fiberglass (which many other manufacturers use). No baffles, chambers, or louvers. No restrictions at all, just straight-through, wide-open performance with a smooth, deep tone, and each MagnaFlow stainless muffler has a highly polished mirror finish for a show car look.
Our systems give a 20% reduction in bends over your O.E.M. system to provide the power you demand.
- Does MagnaFlow make a muffler for a specific car?
- MagnaFlow mufflers are universal and can be installed on virtually any car with the help of a MagnaFlow "Preferred Installer".
- What muffler is right for my car?
- This depends on many factors.
Do you need an offset muffler?
This is where your inlet/outlet pipes are located in relation to the muffler.
Do you want a stainless steel or aluminized muffler?
The main difference between the two is the outer shell of the mufflers. Stainless steel mufflers have a polished stainless steel shell and are 100% stainless construction. Stainless steel is more durable then aluminum. Nothing looks better or lasts longer than stainless steel. The aluminized mufflers have stainless internals and necks but have an aluminized outer shell. Also, the aluminized steel has only a protective coating that, if scratched off, may rust. Both mufflers have identical internal construction and materials and both offer you a lifetime warranty and will give you that Straight-through Wide Open Performance with no restrictions. No restrictions equals better flow, and better flow equals more horsepower.
Sound of the mufflers?
The bigger the muffler, the quieter the exhaust.
- Why ISN'T a bigger pipe always better?
- Don't be fooled! Bigger is not better! Many people think that having the biggest diameter pipe is the best way to make power.
Not true. Due to a variety of factors, extensive testing is required. We've dyno'd extensively and our systems yield optimum power increases. Some manufacturers claim even higher horsepower numbers.
It is a fine line to reduce backpressure while maintaining good exhaust velocity. It is not about getting the biggest pipe, it is about getting a more efficient pipe diameter while maintaining exhaust velocity.
There has to be a balanced design to enhance the maximum engine output, exhaust gas velocity, and sound. For example, imagine blowing air through a straw (comparing it to a smaller diameter pipe). This would take time to release all the air from your mouth, and you would feel pressure in your mouth while doing so. Now imagine blowing air through a paper towel roll (comparing it to a larger diameter pipe). You will relieve all your air much faster and feel little or no air pressure in your mouth because of the larger capacity of the tube. This is why it is important to get the correct size piping in order to relieve backpressure while maintaining thermal efficiency.
Use the guide below when calculating pipe size for custom exhaust work. Keep in mind that the goal is to improve exhaust flow. In most cases, just changing the restrictive OEM muffler and replacing it with the same size straight-through, Wide Open Performance MagnaFlow muffler will do the job.
To reduce additional backpressure, the OEM exhaust tubing can be replaced with mandrel-bent tubing of the same size or one size up from the OEM. As a general rule, you can enlarge the pipe diameter of your OEM exhaust system by 1/4 to 1/2-inch to increase your horsepower. However, any additional increase in pipe diameter is likely to decrease your performance; specifically, low end torque.
ENGINE SIZE HORSEPOWER MUFFLER INLET/OUTLET" Single Exhaust Dual Exhaust 150-200 CID 100 to 150 2" to 2-1/4" 2" 200-250 CID 100 to 200 2-1/4" to 2-1/2" 2" to 2-1/4" 250-300 CID 150 to 250 2-1/2" to 3" 2" to 2-1/2" 300-350 CID 200 to 350 2-1/2" to 3" 2-1/4" to 2-1/2" 350-400 CID 250 to 550 3" to 4" 2-1/2" to 3" Use as a general guide for engine size and performance
- Do you have silencers for your mufflers?
- Our mufflers will provide a deep, throaty but smooth tone at all RPM's. At idle and cruise speeds it will not be much louder than stock in most cases. But step on it, and it will become more aggressively toned, while not becoming overbearing and keeping the passenger compartment drone to a minimum.
- What will it sound like?
- The only silencers that we have available are already included in the muffler. Silencers are not available separately.
- What's the sound difference between a round muffler and an oval muffler?
- There is no difference in sound between the round or oval muffler. The only reason they are different shapes is for fitting reasons. One may fit better than the other.
- What sound difference will I get with a smaller muffler as opposed to a larger muffler?
- A smaller muffler is going to give you a much louder sound than you would normally get with a larger muffler. The larger or longer the muffler, the less sound you will get. The smaller or shorter the muffler, the more sound you will get.
- What's the difference between Stainless Steel and Aluminized Steel?
- The main difference between the two is pricing and the outer shell of the mufflers. Stainless Steel cost more than Aluminized Steel. The Stainless steel mufflers have a polished stainless steel shell and are 100% stainless construction. Nothing looks better or lasts longer than stainless steel. The aluminized mufflers have stainless internals and necks but have an aluminized outer shell. Also, the aluminized steel has only a protective coating that, if scratched off, may rust. Both mufflers have identical internal construction and materials and both offer you a lifetime warranty and will give you that Straight-through Wide Open Performance with no restrictions. No restrictions equals better flow, and better flow equals more horsepower.
- Do you offer a warranty on all your products?
- Yes, we offer a lifetime warranty on all our MagnaFlow Products with the exception of our XL series mufflers/exhaust, catalytic converters and our titanium performance exhaust, which offer a limited warranty.