EXEDY - Corporate Information
EXEDY Globalparts Corporation (USA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the EXEDY Corporation of Japan. EXEDY (Japan) was founded in 1923 and its clutch manufacturing business and prominent brand name Daikin Clutch are known throughout the world for supplying quality powertrain products. Our pursuit of perfection and the assurance of safety underlie our famed quality and reliability. Our advanced engineering and patented innovations have made us the leading OEM manufacturer in the world for Clutches and other powertrain components.
EXEDY is also the undisputed world leader of performance sports and racing clutches.
EXEDY Globalparts Corporation has evolved from the business known as Daikin Clutch Corporation. All EXEDY manufactured products still carry the famous Daikin winged logo.
The US business was established in 1967 and EXEDY/Daikin products have been manufactured in the US since 1988 for both OEM and the Aftermarket.
The EXEDY Group supplies Manual Clutches, Flywheels, Torque Converters, AT Plates or other advanced Powertrain Components to all 11 vehicle manufacturers in Japan as well as many other vehicle manufacturers, construction / machinery industries in the world including GM and Ford. EXEDY Globalparts (USA) now distributes all EXEDY, Daikin and Dynax (AT related) products to the aftermarket for all of North, Central and South America.
The full range of products available through EXEDY Globalparts Corporation includes:
- A full range of clutch kits to suit Japanese, US domestic and European applications.
- Sports clutch kits with organic, cerametallic and carbon friction material in single, twin, and triple plate configurations featuring chromemoly flywheels.
- Dynax branded OEM quality friction plates and steels.
- Clutch forks
- Clutch thrust release bearings
- Clutch cables
- Clutch master and slave cylinders
- OEM standard replacement flywheels
- Heavy duty class 7 & 8 clutch sets
- Founded Daikin Mfg. Co., Ltd.
(predecessor of EXEDY Corporation)
- Developed clutch covers compatible to high revolution of the racing engines Started to develop racing clutches for the automobile manufacturer from this time.
- Started full-scale development of the metallic discs
- Made the first prototype of the metallic discs for Civic Race, and repeatedly tested in practice.
- Employee using EXEDY products became the series champion for the Honda Civic Race.
(Suzuka Freshman Trophy Race, Tohoku Series)
- Started sales of EXEDY brand products.
- Suzuki Sports Cultus has won the overall championship in Japan Dirttrial Championship.
- Ferrari team has won the F1 Canada Grand Prix.
- Won the 73rd Pikes Peak Auto Hill Climb.
- "Subaru Team" has won the Safari Rally N Class with Impreza.
- Started sales of HYPER MULTI
- "Kozure Okami HINO" has won one-two finish in the Camions class of the Dakar Rally.
- "Team HINO" has won one-two-three finish in the Camions class of the Dakar Rally.
- Supplied clutches to Formula Nippon "FUNAI SUPER AGURI".
- Sponsored the Penzoil Nismo GTR in the Japan GT Championship.
- 5.5 inch metal twin clutch is accepted for the Formula Dream vehicles.
- Started sales of the "HYPER SINGLE" with aluminum cover
- Started sales of the street-use carbon clutch "HYPER CARBON SERIES" (later changed the name to CARBON-R)
- Started to provide carbon triple clutches to the Super GT GT300 class
- Started sales of the lightest model of metal clutch, the "COMPE-R"
- Started sales of the world's first carbon clutches with a damper, the "D-CORE" (later changed the name to CARBON-D)
- Started sales of the model with a disc damper, the "COMPE-D", based on the COMPE-R
- Started full-scale supply of products to Japan F3 Championship. First win in the third round
- Started full-scale supply of racing full carbon clutches to the Super GT
- Started sales of the new generation disc "ULTRA FIBER DISC"
- First win in the Super GT GT300 (First round, Endless Advan Senzai Kakumei Z)
- Started sales of the HYPER SINGLE UF. (For Civic FD2, EP3 / Integra DC5 / Accord CL7)
- Wins in the Super GT GT300 (Fourth round, Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza)
- Nobuhiro Tajima riding the Suzuki Sports XL7 wins 3 in a row at the PPIHC (Pikes Peak International Hill Climb)
- EXEDY H.I.S. ings Z wins the series championship in the Super Taikyu Series, ST-3 class
- EXEDY Civic wins 4 races in the Civic Inter Series (second place in the Series)
- Tetsuya Yamano has won his 14th series championship of All Japan Gymkhana Championship
- Won series championship in MotoGP
- Won series championship in MotoGP
(FIAT YAMAHA TEAM captured the triple crowns for the third successive years.)