Gently shake off and brush away excess dirt. Spray on AIRAID Cleaning Solution so that the filter is fully saturated, and let soak for 10 minutes. Rinse filter from the inside out until the water comes through clear. Use only low pressure from a tap or garden hose.
Allow filter to air dry. A fan may be used to speed up the process. DO NOT use heated air blowers, compressed air or open flame.
3. Apply Oil
* Not necessary with SynthaMax® Filter.
Make one careful application of AIRAID Performance Oil to each filter pleat on the outside of the filter only. Allow oil to seep into the filter for 20 minutes. Lightly re-oil any areas that still appear dry.
- AIRAID® Cleaning Solution is uniquely formulated to clean without damaging the gauze filter media.
- AIRAID® Performance Oil Forms an additional line of defense against dirt without limiting airflow.
- Clean your AIRAID® filter every 30,000 to 50,000 miles for normal driving, and more often for off-road and heavy dust conditions.
- Check Yearly Ifyourannual mileage is low, check filter once a year to see if oiling is needed.
- Use only AIRAID® Cleaning Solution to clean your AIRAID® filter.
- Never use gasoline, detergents, steam cleaning or parts solvent. Oil After Cleaning: *Not necessary with SynthaMax® Filter. Your AIRAID® Premium Filter is pre-oiled and ready to use out of the package. Always oil your AIRAID® Premium Filter after each cleaning.
- Use only AIRAID® Filter Performance Oil . No transmission fluid, motor oil, diesel fuel, or light weight oils.