Agri-Cover, Inc. was established in 1981 as a grain truck cover manufacturer. Over the next 10 years, the company introduced the SRT™-2 Spool Roll Tarp and the EZ-LOC® Roll-Up Tarp. Since then they've expanded the Agri-Cover® Roll Tarp line to include the all new AutoLock™ Electric Tarp.
In 1991, Agri-Cover added to the product line with the introduction of the revolutionary Access® Roll-Up Cover. The first of its kind, this product is the #1 selling roll-up tonneau in North America. They later introduced additional roll-up truck bed covers, including the popular LiteRider®, Lorado®, Vanish® and all new TonnoSport™.
In 2000, Agri-Cover introduced the SnowSport® Utility Plow. SnowSport® Snow Plows are the most user-friendly and affordable snow plows on the market today. In 2003, it was awarded the prestigious GM Best New Product Design Award.
Agri-Cover's products have a distinct advantage separating them from the competition. Patented and innovative designs, a wide range of special features, ease of operation, and the industry-leading warranties provide years of service and confidence to the customers. The company's products are unsurpassed in quality and craftsmanship.
Agri-Cover, Inc. is located near Jamestown, ND and has been recognized with the North Dakota Business and Industrial Development award as well as with the Jamestown Business of the Year award.
- Daily stretches company-wide
- Active Wellness Program
- Green and recycling initiative including carpooling rewards
- Lean Incentive program – promote new ideas and change
- Recognition program
- Three lunch rooms with the amenities
- Physical fitness center
- Company-wide lunches
- Climate controlled, state of the art, clean facility
Agri-Cover, Inc. started a Go Green program in 2008. Within the first year of going GREEN they cut the amount of waste going to the local landfill in half. Here’s what Agri-Cover is doing today:
Reducing Waste Output
Implemented a company-wide recycling program
- Recycling bins were set up to be easily available in designated stations around the plant floor.
- Includes all materials that the local recycling center can take, i.e. plastics, paper, glass, etc.
- Changed all pop machines to Aluminum Cans instead of plastic bottles. Money earned by recycling Aluminum Cans goes into a fund for employee lunches.
- Company supplied drink cups to all employees to reduce amount of waste created by paper and Styrofoam cups in the cafeterias.
- Reduced Bathroom Waste by changing from paper towels to handy dryers.
- Reduced amount of mail/magazines they receive by contacting sender and asking to be removed from their mailing list.
Supplier Partnership to Reduce Waste:
- Agri-Cover’s purchasing department worked closely with suppliers to make changes in how the raw materials are being packaged and sent to the company.
Reduce fuel usage and automotive waste by-products
- Conduct a monthly drawing for employees who carpool with gas gift cards.
- Switched to synthetic oil in all company vehicles
Education and Participation Is Key
- Established a GREEN Committee –includes senior management and employees from various departments, so there is commitment on all levels of the company.
- Education through employee intranet site that is updated daily.
- Flyers/internal documents educating employees.
- Invited employees to bring their recycling from home and use Agri-Cover as their drop site. This reduces the amount of fuel being used to drop of materials at the Jamestown Recycling Center.
- Currently Agri-Cover has a 33% participation rate from the employees.
- Company garden that feeds employee lunches during the summer and makes use of otherwise unused company property.