Trucks and SUVs seem to get taller every year, especially the 4x4 models with their big wheels and tires and off-road suspension packages. If you’ve got one of these big rigs, you know it requires some effort to haul yourself up into the cab, especially after a long hard day on the job. Wouldn’t it be nice to get a boost? A little help would also be appreciated by kids, older people, and those that are “height challenged”.
- SteelCraft® 4" Oval Drop Step$48.43 - $79.33
- Bully® Hoop Steps$17.60 - $109.99
- CARR® Hoop II Steps$33.43 - $125.97
- CARR® Super Hoop Steps$73.54 - $177.97
- Ranch Hand® Truck Steps$205.00
If you’re looking for just a single helpful step, and don’t want the size or looks of a set of running boards or side bars, then hoop steps may be just what you need. Hoop steps extend out from the body and down a few inches, providing just enough room for a shoe or boot to be firmly planted for a helpful assist when getting in and out of your truck or SUV. Check out our selection of hoop steps; we’re sure you’ll find the perfect set for your rig.
We offer many different styles and finishes from the top brands in the industry. Choose from powder coated black, chrome, or polished finish, and rubber or metal stepping surfaces. The rubber is treaded and the metal has a textured finish for sure footing in any kind of weather. For a rugged look that never goes out of style, we have several styles with a tough diamond plate stepping surface. You get a great appearance and unsurpassed boot traction. Or go with a punched step plate with plenty of open area for water drainage.
Running boards, tube steps and hoop steps are lower than the cab and stick out to the sides, which makes them a boon for cab access but not so great for ground clearance when you’re off-roading. Under those conditions they can hang up on rocks and other obstacles, possibly causing you to get stuck, and they can be easily damaged. If you want the convenience of a step but without the clearance penalty we offer hoop steps that can be folded up against the body when not in use. Just drop the step down to its handy step height when you want a boost, and then fold it up and lock it out of the way when full clearance is needed.
We carry hoop steps that mount to the rocker panels as well steps that attach to the vehicle frame. Both types are easy to install and only minor drilling is usually required. With hoop steps, your truck or SUV will have a purposeful look, with just enough step area to do the job. Your tired legs will appreciate them at the end of the work day, and your passengers, no matter their size or age, won’t be intimidated when it’s time to climb into your rig.
- (4,217)Step BoardsStainless Steel, Aluminum, Molded
- (9,527)Bar Side StepsStep Up In Style
- (372)Rocker BarsHelps Feet, Thwarts Boulders
- (120)Truck Bed StepsFor Easier Access To Your Truck Bed
- (30)Hitch StepsGet A Leg Up
Guides & Articles
- Running BoardsFolding Steps Make It Easier To Reach Your Pickup BedMaybe you've struggled to reach the roof rack of an SUV during loading and unloading of baggage. Or, if you live in a winter climate area, maybe you've also found it extremely difficult to clear snow off your van's roof because the brush in your hand wasn't long enough to reach the center. Either way, opening a vehicle door and standing precariously on the floor with both feet just inside can easily lead to loss of balance and injury. Plus, there's always a plenty of snow that spills into the passenger area - no matter how hard you try to avoid it.
- Running BoardsSide Steps - Choosing the right Fit, Style, FunctionIf you have a pickup, SUV, or a Jeep, then you probably feel, as we do, that 4x4s are attractive in nature and serve as great canvasses for creating an individual vehicle identity. Because the overall shapes of truck designs are unpretentious, lines tend to accentuate strength. And bright work (or black work) applied in the right fashion can heighten bold styling, accentuate luxury, or both. We know that running boards or side steps have potential to make a big impact in this category, and we understand form is just as important as function when it comes to selecting the right ones. That's why we offer a great variety of full-length running boards and step bars as well as short-length steps. We've even got steps that fit easily onto trailer hitch openings.
- Running BoardsRunning Board And Side Step GlossaryRunning boards versus side steps: what’s the difference? That may be obvious to some, but what distinguishes a round side bar from an oval one? How would you know if you prefer a "cab-length" or "wheel-to-wheel" length tube step? If you’re shopping for running boards or side steps for your truck, you may be unfamiliar with the terminology. Browse through our helpful glossary, so that you can make a more informed purchase decision when visiting our Running Boards & Step Bars store.
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".