Let’s face it, most of the time you only use the rear-most portion of your truck bed. Whether you’re toting tools, groceries, golf bags, or bags of mulch, you only need that last couple of feet of space. Thinking about the available types of truck bed protection in those terms, a hinged tonneau makes perfect sense. A hinged tonneau is like a door to your truck bed, easy to open and close with one hand, so you can handle the cargo you carry most often.
- UnderCover® Elite LX™ Hinged Tonneau Cover$1,053.66 - $1,542.24
- Gaylord's Truck Lids® OG Series Hinged Tonneau Cover$1,344.60 - $1,850.85
- UnderCover® LUX™ Hinged Tonneau Cover$835.23 - $1,451.93
- Gaylord's Truck Lids® Butterfly Hinged Tonneau Cover$1,850.85 - $2,357.10
- Extang® FullTilt™ Hinged Snap Seals Tonneau Cover$429.00 - $479.00
- Extang® FullTilt Tool Box™ Hinged Snap Seals Tonneau Cover$429.00 - $479.00
- Gaylord's Truck Lids® OG Series Hinged Tonneau Cover with Speedsturr Wing$1,950.75 - $2,457.00
- Extang® FullTilt™ Hinged Snapless Seals Tonneau Cover$449.00 - $499.00
- Extang® FullTilt™ Tool Box Hinged Snapless Seals Tonneau Cover$449.00 - $499.00
- Gaylord's Truck Lids® Traditional Hinged Tonneau Cover$1,344.60 - $1,850.85
- Ranch® Legacy™ Hinged Tonneau Cover$1,158.74 - $1,280.53
- Gaylord's Truck Lids® Traditional Hinged Tonneau Cover with Speedsturr Wing$1,950.75 - $2,457.00
- Ranch® Sportwrap™ Hinged Tonneau Cover$836.76 - $1,270.75
Hinged tonneaus come in soft and hard shell versions. Soft hinged tonneaus are constructed from heavy-duty, weather resistant vinyl attached to a tough, lightweight aluminum frame. Hard shell hinged tonneaus are made of fiberglass and ABS plastic, a type of thermoplastic that is impact, heat, and chemical resistant. Both type covers pivot on hinges at the front of the truck bed, latch at the sides in the rear, and are supported with gas struts when open.
Both soft and hard shell hinged tonneaus are easy to install, and feature seals around the perimeter for optimal weather protection. They’re lightweight, enabling easy one-hand operation, which is invaluable when you have an armful of packages. The gas struts assist with opening, and an easy to reach strap is provided to pull the tonneau closed. While a soft hinged tonneau, coupled with a locking tailgate will provide a degree of cargo security, a hard shell hinged tonneau and locking tailgate will turn your truck bed into a veritable vault.
While hinged tonneaus are ideal for the type of cargo that only requires reaching into the bed, don’t think that they’re just one-trick ponies. We know that sometimes you have to haul that refrigerator or loan your riding mower to your brother-in-law, and need all the room in your truck bed. That’s why most of the hinged tonneaus we offer have quick-release hinges so the cover can be easily removed. Just unsnap the gas struts and slide the cover from the hinges and you’re ready to haul anything that will fit in your bed. Some hard shell covers even come with hooks so you can hang the cover from the wall when not in use.
Some soft hinged tonneaus enable full bed access by allowing you to remove the vinyl from the aluminum frame and roll it up, like a roll up tonneau cover. If you have a cross bed tool box behind the cab, soft hinged tonneau covers are available sized to fit the remaining bed length. Our hard shell tonneaus are the perfect complement to the well-appointed pickup. They’re available painted to match your truck’s factory finish, with features like carpet headliners and interior LED lights, and with options like remote keyless entry, cargo nets, fishing rod holders, racks, spoilers, and more.
- (2,043)Folding Tonneau CoversVersatile Protection
- (774)Retractable Tonneau CoversRugged And Secure
- (3,424)Roll Up Tonneau CoversEasy To Use And Affordable
- (392)Painted Tonneau CoversPainted to Match Your Truck
- (494)Toolbox Tonneau CoversBring Utility to Your Truck Bed
- (3,703)Soft Tonneau CoversAffordable Truck Bed Protection
- (2,287)Hard Tonneau CoversUltimate in Style and Protection
- (102)Tonneau Cover AccessoriesBring Added Style to Your Truck
- (3)Tonneau Cover CleanersRestore the Shine of Your Cover
- (9)Tailgate SealsBlock Dust And The Elements
- (10)Truck Bed LightsAdd Visibility In The Truck Bed
Guides & Articles
- Tonneau CoversTonneau Cover Cleaners & Protectors Remove the Dirt & Restore the ShineAt CARiD, we sell a lot of tonneau covers because we're real believers in their benefits, and because we offer a broader selection than our competitors. We also use many different styles and makes of vinyl tonneau covers on our own trucks for demonstration purposes, and we've learned quite a bit about them.
- Tonneau CoversHow to Choose the Right Tonneau CoverA tonneau cover is one of the most useful accessories you can buy for your pickup truck. Tonneau covers provide protection from the weather, security, increased gas mileage, and improved styling. But with so many types and styles to choose from, which tonneau cover is right for your truck? Read on to find out.
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
Browse by Vehicle
- Chevy Hinged Tonneau Covers
- Dodge Hinged Tonneau Covers
- Ford Hinged Tonneau Covers
- GMC Hinged Tonneau Covers
- Isuzu Hinged Tonneau Covers
- Lincoln Hinged Tonneau Covers
- Mazda Hinged Tonneau Covers
- Mitsubishi Hinged Tonneau Covers
- Nissan Hinged Tonneau Covers
- Ram Hinged Tonneau Covers
Hinged Tonneau Covers Reviews
2012 Kia Soul