- Front sway bar sets are designed for lowered trucks or other performance-oriented vehicles
- Reduces side-to-side body roll around turns, enhances tire grip, and restores full vehicle control
- Choose solid steel bars with 1&5/16th” diameter for high strength, or tubular bars with 1&3/8th” diameter for light weight
- Both offer option of mounting holes at both ends which can be used to vary stiffness level
- See Product Options for applications and availability
- Crafted from chrome moly steel that matches the strength of traditional steel with lighter weight
- Solid steel sway bars offer the highest rigidity on the market, with an average tensile bending resistance of 170,000 psi
- Powder coat finish resists corrosion, chips, and scratches better than paint
- Includes durable polyurethane bushings that resist deterioration, cracking, and drying out under extreme use
- Includes mounting brackets, U-bolts (if applicable), and related hardware
- Flattened ends provide a superior mounting surface
- Will not interfere with supple, comfortable ride from springs and shocks under normal driving conditions
- Specifically sized and tuned for the layout of your make and model’s suspension
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the United States
Hellwig’s Street Performance Sway Bars provide beefed up strength and offer the option of three mounting holes per side to let you select exactly how much stiffness each bar provides. Set it to maintain a normal ride when desired, then use different mounting points to increase rigidity and keep body roll at an extreme minimum when buttoned-down performance is the goal. Chrome molybdenum steel (also known as “chromoly”) is used in the construction of Hellwig sway bars.
Chromoly’s blend of iron, chromium, and molybdenum produces a closer-grained metal than traditional steel. This gives the Solid Steel sway bar kit greater strength from an equal amount of material, and it gives the Tubular sway bars equal strength from less mass. For example, Solid Steel sway bars leave the factory presses with a tensile strength rating of 170,000 psi – much higher than products from competitors. And to maximize the effectiveness of Tubular sway bars, Hellwig forms them by using a Drawn Over Mandrell (DOM) process that creates the most consistent bends – without pinches in the metal and without inconsistencies in thickness or strength. As a result, irregularities which create weak points prone to metal fatigue or failure are eliminated.
Whichever sway bars you choose, you’ll benefit from a design that is specifically sized for your make and model. Neither will interfere with your suspension’s comfortable ride under normal driving conditions, and both represent a perfect way to complement performance enhancements such as plus-sized tires and wheels. An outer finish of powder coat is applied for show car looks, durability, and corrosion protection. And to ensure the sway bars keep your suspension properly positioned for the long run, Hellwig uses polyurethane bushings because they are more resilient and resist compression better than rubber. Grip-robbing body lean and weight transfer caused by squishy bushings are eliminated.88.65 351.63
Hellwig’s history began in 1941 with a patent Rudy Hellwig had been granted for an overload spring design he had developed and perfected. Hammering out the springs by hand in a rented blacksmith shop in Kansas, Rudy moved to California after the end of World War II steel rationing made materials more widely available. Founding Hellwig Products in 1946 out of Glendale, California, Rudy began manufacturing springs that restored ride height, stability, and control to trucks and campers weighed down with heavy cargo. Rudy’s philosophy was to build products that exceed a customer’s expectations in both performance and durability, and his business practices of taking care of customers after a sale quickly built the company a positive reputation. After a 1963 Hot Rod Magazine feature showed how effectively Hellwig adjustable stabilizers eliminated handling problems inherent in stock Chevrolet Corvair suspensions, word of the company’s products spread. In the late 1960s, Hellwig expanded and relocated to their current headquarters in Visalia, California. Hellwig remains a family-owned business with a 4th generation actively and passionately involved today, and looks to the future with excitement of developing and refining products for an ever changing market. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on a full range of Hellwig helper leaf springs, air springs, sway bars, end links, air compressors, and value-packed upgrade kits designed to enhance vehicle control both on and off the pavement.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)