Big Wig Air Spacer Kit by Hellwig®. When your truck becomes top heavy and weighed down with a heavy load or trailer, the complete Big Wig kit comes with air helper springs designed to level and stabilize the rear of your truck and a heavy-duty front sway bar to provide equal stabilization up front. Two large-diameter air springs add a combined total of 5,600 pounds of load support and leveling capacity. A taller overall spring height (14”) allows better wheel articulation on unpaved surfaces, and a larger volume of air capacity provides superior ride comfort and stability under heavy loads. Front sway bar ends feature multiple mounting holes to adjust stiffness level, polyurethane bushings, and high-tech chromoly steel matches the strength of traditional steel with lighter weight.
- Complete Big Wig kit is designed to stabilize both the front and rear of your vehicle when hauling heavy loads
- Includes 2 air helper springs that add a combined total of 5,600 pounds of load support and leveling capacity to rear
- Includes front sway bar that reduces side-to-side body roll around turns, enhances tire grip, and restores full vehicle control
- Air springs are 3” larger in diameter and up to 3” taller than typical 2,500 pound air springs (100 psi max)
- Larger volume of air in springs produces superior ride comfort and stability under heavy loads
- Air springs can extend up to 14” for better wheel articulation in tight spots during off-roading
- Sway bars are crafted from solid chromoly steel that matches strength of traditional steel with lighter weight
- Sway bar ends feature multiple mounting holes to adjust the level of stiffness
- Powder coat finish on steel resists corrosion, chips, and scratches better than paint
- Includes durable polyurethane bushings that resist deterioration, cracking, and drying out under extreme use
- All components are sized and tuned for the layout of your make and model’s suspension
- Designed for easy bolt-on application (drilling may be required on some applications)
- Limited lifetime warranty on bracketry, 2-year warranty on other air system components
- Manufactured in the United States
The suspension of your truck or van was designed to provide a balance of stable handling, load hauling capacity, and a ride that’s livable during everyday driving. Because creating a balance to please the majority of customers who travel on a variety of roads means making compromises, stability and ride quality tend to deteriorate as heavier and heavier payloads are added. To correct this handling issue that compromises your safety, Hellwig offers the complete Big Wig kit that comes with rear air helper springs and a heavy-duty front sway bar. The air springs level and stabilize the rear of your truck, while the sway bar boosts control up front.
Big Wig Rear Air Springs are purpose-built for vehicles that need to carry additional weight or tow heavy loads. This set of air bags mounts on your vehicle’s rear axle and can be inflated manually or by an on-board air compressor to raise 5,600 pounds back up to proper ride height. Because each of the two 2,800-pound Big Wig air springs is designed with a diameter that’s 3” larger than typical 2,500 pound air springs, they pack a larger volume of air. As a result, Big Wig springs require only half the air pressure to level a similar payload – giving you more cushion for better ride comfort as well as improved stability when the vehicle’s weighed down. Big Wig air springs also feature 14 inches of operating range, which is 3 inches more than most allow. If you’re travelling on unpaved trails, the extended wheel articulation this provides gives you much more stability.
While load leveling springs will raise your truck and restore control in the rear, they can’t fully make up for front end stability lost when your vehicle takes on extra weight. That’s why Hellwig’s Big Wig kit includes a solid front sway bar that’s rated for an incredibly high tensile strength of 170,000 psi. Three mounting holes per side let you choose exactly how much stiffness the bar provides. Set it to maintain a normal ride when the vehicle’s not loaded, then set it to keep body roll at an extreme minimum when you’re fully loaded down. Chrome molybdenum steel (also known as “chromoly”) used in the sway bar is crafted with iron, chromium, and molybdenum mixed in to its alloy composition. This produces a closer-grained metal than traditional steel, and results in equal strength from less mass. Hellwig engineers have tested and refined the bar until it provides your vehicle with both benefits. Further adding to the Big Wig kit’s resilient nature are polyurethane bushings that resist full compression and decay better than OEM rubber ones. As a result, grip-robbing body lean and weight transfer caused by squishy bushings are eliminated.39.85 73.93
Brand: Hellwig Part Numbers:
Hellwig’s history began in 1941 with a patent Rudy Hellwig had been granted for an overload spring design he had developed and perfected. Hammering out the springs by hand in a rented blacksmith shop in Kansas, Rudy moved to California after the end of World War II steel rationing made materials more widely available. Founding Hellwig Products in 1946 out of Glendale, California, Rudy began manufacturing springs that restored ride height, stability, and control to trucks and campers weighed down with heavy cargo. Rudy’s philosophy was to build products that exceed a customer’s expectations in both performance and durability, and his business practices of taking care of customers after a sale quickly built the company a positive reputation. After a 1963 Hot Rod Magazine feature showed how effectively Hellwig adjustable stabilizers eliminated handling problems inherent in stock Chevrolet Corvair suspensions, word of the company’s products spread. In the late 1960s, Hellwig expanded and relocated to their current headquarters in Visalia, California. Hellwig remains a family-owned business with a 4th generation actively and passionately involved today, and looks to the future with excitement of developing and refining products for an ever changing market. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on a full range of Hellwig helper leaf springs, air springs, sway bars, end links, air compressors, and value-packed upgrade kits designed to enhance vehicle control both on and off the pavement.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)