Air Compressor by Hellwig®. Hellwig offers air compressors in standard, heavy-duty, heavy-duty with automatic load leveling, Big Wig air springs, and Lifted ride height air springs. See Product Options for details and availability for your vehicle.
- See Product Options for details and availability for your vehicle
- Choose Standard Air Compressor for occasional use and best value
- Standard compressor uses a single paddle valve control that operates both left- and right-side springs in tandem
- Heavy Duty and Auto Load Leveling compressors allow independent control of left- and right-position springs for side-to-side leveling
- Standard compressor features a single-needle analog pressure gauge
- Heavy Duty and Auto Load Leveling compressors feature a dual-needle pressure gauge and two paddle valve switches
- Heavy Duty and Auto Load Leveling compressors feature a 33% duty cycle that allows continuous operation 33% of the time
- Heavy Duty and Auto Load Leveling compressors add 1-gallon air pressure reservoir tank for faster spring operation
- Heavy Duty and Auto Load Leveling compressors will need the Universal Modular Compressor Plate
- Mounting plate allows easy securing of Hellwig heavy duty compressors onto Ford, General Motors, and Dodge frame rails
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the United States
Hellwig offers a choice of air compressors to inflate and operate Hellwig coil-to-air conversion springs, Big Wig heavy duty air springs, Lifted air springs that increase ride height, and more. If you’ll be using your air compressor infrequently to haul or tow loads during occasional weekend use, Hellwig’s Standard Air Compressor gives you great value by including the features you need and leaving off the ones you prefer not to pay extra for. Unlike heavier duty compressors, the Standard one operates both springs in tandem via a single paddle valve control switch and displays your pressure via a single-needle analog pressure gauge.
If you’ll be using your truck frequently for work, the Hellwig Heavy Duty air compressor features a higher 33% duty cycle – meaning it can be used continuously one-third of the time between cool-down periods of twice the duration. Heavy Duty air compressors add a 1-gallon reservoir tank to store pressure for instant spring operation before the compressor spools pressure up. Additionally, the tank of compressed air allows any of the Hellwig air springs to rise at a faster rate. Heavy Duty air compressors are designed to allow individual control of left- and right-position springs for side-to-side leveling, and a dual-needle analog gauge provides monitoring of the pressure in each of those springs.
If you prefer automatic height leveling, the Universal Auto Level Air Compressor features the same design and benefits as the regular Heavy-Duty compressor, but adds automatic on-off operation that lowers or raises your rear to maintain a level ride height. Because left- and right-side springs can be controlled independently of one another, the compressor can also boost one side of the vehicle more should loads be piled in your bed unevenly. For Heavy-Duty and Universal Auto Level Air Compressors, you’ll need the Modular Compressor Plate designed to mount them on the frame of Ford, General Motors, and Dodge vehicles. Drilling may be required for installation in all cases.306.72 437.42
Brand: Hellwig Part Numbers:
Hellwig’s history began in 1941 with a patent Rudy Hellwig had been granted for an overload spring design he had developed and perfected. Hammering out the springs by hand in a rented blacksmith shop in Kansas, Rudy moved to California after the end of World War II steel rationing made materials more widely available. Founding Hellwig Products in 1946 out of Glendale, California, Rudy began manufacturing springs that restored ride height, stability, and control to trucks and campers weighed down with heavy cargo. Rudy’s philosophy was to build products that exceed a customer’s expectations in both performance and durability, and his business practices of taking care of customers after a sale quickly built the company a positive reputation. After a 1963 Hot Rod Magazine feature showed how effectively Hellwig adjustable stabilizers eliminated handling problems inherent in stock Chevrolet Corvair suspensions, word of the company’s products spread. In the late 1960s, Hellwig expanded and relocated to their current headquarters in Visalia, California. Hellwig remains a family-owned business with a 4th generation actively and passionately involved today, and looks to the future with excitement of developing and refining products for an ever changing market. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on a full range of Hellwig helper leaf springs, air springs, sway bars, end links, air compressors, and value-packed upgrade kits designed to enhance vehicle control both on and off the pavement.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)