3 Bolt Pattern Steering Wheel Quick Release Hub by Grant®. Ford Mustang Shaft. Grant offers quick release hubs that are designed specifically for removing and installing Grant steering wheels quickly and easily. Aircraft grade aluminum machined to extremely tight tolerances ensures the smooth operation and proper fit you need on the racetrack. These hubs meet all NHRA requirements but are illegal for use on public roads.
- Quick-release steering hubs are not legal for use on public roads
- No-pin design locks steering wheel in place with the use of a slip ring that is removed by hand before sliding the steering wheel on or off
- Hub is designed specifically for your make and model vehicle
- Meets National Hot Rod Association racing regulations
- Aircraft grade aluminum construction
- Parts are CNC machined to extremely fine tolerances for precise fit
- Custom-fitted steering wheel center pads are available to cover center hub components
- Adapter pieces also available for swapping different wheel designs onto your quick release hub
Racecars are designed with very small cockpits that are often so tight, they require removal of the steering wheel for the driver to climb in and out. If you’re looking to add quick-release capability to your racing style steering wheel for the track, Grant® has the specially designed hubs you need that are compatible with any series of Grant® steering wheels. There’s no fiddling with pins or complex release equipment because its clever design features a slip-ring clamp that locks the steering wheel frame in place on the splined steering shaft. Simply apply upward and outward pressure to remove the clamp, then slide your wheel on or off. This quick release hub meets all NHRA racetrack guidelines, so once you install it you’re ready for the starting line. Grant also offers fitted steering wheel center pads to conceal hub components that meet track safety regulations.
Since 1922, Grant Products has been a leader in the field of automotive products. After getting its start with engine overhaul kits and parts, Grant became involved in automotive racing and supplied many engine components that set records on the salt flats of Bonneville and on the pavement of the Indianapolis Speedway. Grant diversified into steering wheels for race cars in the 1960s and pioneered many advancements using woods and plastics in construction. After introducing tilt-wheel conversion kits and street-legal quick release steering wheel kits for theft prevention, the company became so successful with their steering wheel line they opted to focus solely on it. Today, Grant Products produces a wide range of modern and retro style steering wheels for boats, heavy trucks, ATVs, golf carts as well as passenger cars. When a well-made, stylish custom steering wheel is what you want, Grant® is the only name you need to know.