Bring out the best of your GMC Suburban engine using a brand new custom exhaust system from CARiD. All GMC exhaust systems sold at the shop have gone though rigorous testing to ascertain their reliability, and we can say with confidence that they deliver exceptionally well. Quite different from the stock exhaust system in design and operation, custom exhaust systems work to optimize the engine’s operations, increasing exhaust flow and opening up the passageway for spent gases to flow out of the engine. This laves the engine free to take in of clean air-fuel mixture, which it needs in order to generate power. The stock exhaust system, being much smaller in size, is not well designed to do this and is to blame for a good portion of the engine power lost during the SUV’s operations.
To get maximum impact from any GMC Suburban custom exhaust system, buy only the exhaust system designed for your Suburban trim. This not only gives an exact fit, but also ensures that the exhaust system capacity matches that of the engine, so that an equal amount of air and fuel is supported out of the system right from the engine to the exhaust tailpipe. An imbalance on any end would cause build-up or even stagnation and would hinder the engine from operating as it should. When it comes to GMC Suburban exhausts, you have plenty to choose from and this will not be a problem. We have a range of Gibson exhaust systems as well as performance headers, catalytic converters, mufflers, and exhaust kits from Flowmaster, Borla, MagnaFlow, MBPR, Weapon-R and Onki. A direct replacement exhaust system will increase engine output by as much a 10%. Adding a performance component will boost power by a further 10-20hp. In addition to this, your car’s engine efficiency is enhanced, and this increases your gas mileage.
- Flowmaster® Exhaust SystemAmerican Thunder™ Stainless Steel Exhaust System by Flowmaster®. Tip Outlet Diameter: 4". American Thunder gives you the classic AGGRESSIVE, MODERATE or MILD sound (depends on application and exhaust type) of a Flowmaster...High Quality Performance SoundIncreases Power$248.97 - $1,025.97
- MagnaFlow® Exhaust SystemsExhaust Systems by MagnaFlow®. Muffler Sound: MODERATE. 4" Tubing. These premium line exhaust systems for diesels with particulate filters include mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing, 100% stainless steel mufflers, optional muffler...Built In Stainless Steel For DurabilityTuned, Powerful Exhaust Sound$202.60 - $3,904.65
- Borla® Exhaust SystemExhaust System by Borla®. This unique system allows you to adjust your level of sound and power, from quiet and restrictive to louder and free flowing. It features a patented Borla straight-through muffler and mandrel bent pipes...A selection of block-off plates allows you to adjust exhaust flowPlate with larger hole for increased power and a more aggressive exhaust note$315.99 - $3,340.99
- Corsa® Performance Exhaust SystemsSport 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System by Corsa®. Muffler Sound: AGGRESSIVE. Exhaust Inlet Connection Type: Bolt-On. Exhaust Pipe Material: 304 SS. Exit Location: Dual Rear Exit. System Type: Cat-Back. Main Piping Diameter: 2.5"....Robust and Bold Performance SoundNo Drone at Touring Speeds$639.00 - $2,369.00
- Gibson® Deegan 38™ Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust SystemDeegan 38™ Stainless Steel Dual Cat-Back Exhaust System with Exhaust Tip by Gibson®. Finish: Natural. Exhaust System Material: Stainless Steel. Exit Quantity: Dual. Main Piping Diameter: 2.5". Exit Location: Exit Behind Rear...409L Stainless Steel Heavy Duty TubingMandrel Bent Tubing$614.22 - $816.33
- MBRP® Installer Series™ Exhaust SystemInstaller Series™ Exhaust System by MBRP®. The Installer Series from MBRP brings you the best in high-quality construction: these reasonably-priced systems are manufactured on the same tooling and with the same processes as...$159.99 - $729.99
- Gibson® Exhaust SystemAmerican Muscle Car™ Exhaust System by Gibson®. Straight Out The Back Exit. Let the engine in your muscle car breathe and make it sound like a real muscle car with an American Muscle Car Aluminized Steel Cat-Back Exhaust. The...CNC mandrel bent exhaust tubingImproved performance$222.79 - $1,189.18
- Corsa® Sport Series Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemSport 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System by Corsa®. Muffler Sound: AGGRESSIVE. Exhaust Inlet Connection Type: Bolt-On. Exhaust Pipe Material: 304 SS. Exit Location: Dual Rear Exit. System Type: Cat-Back. Main Piping Diameter: 2.5"....Robust and Bold Performance SoundNo Drone at Touring Speeds$639.00 - $2,319.00
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. If your cat needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with little or...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$202.84 - $1,748.68
- Borla® Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemStainless Steel Exhaust System by Borla®. When you want the best performing, best sounding, and highest quality exhaust system, you want Borla. Borla straight-through mufflers and mandrel-bent exhaust tubes are custom tuned to...Throatier Exhaust NoteHorsepower and Torque Increased by 7 – 10%$315.99 - $3,535.99
- Corsa® Pro-Series Stainless Steel TipPolished Stainless Steel Twin Pro-Series Side Swept Tip with Tailpipe by Corsa®. The hand polished mirror shine stainless steel Corsa Exhaust Tip is the perfect finishing touch for your exhaust, making it look as good as it sounds.Made in Highest Quality Automotive Stainless Steel to Ensure Never-Changing Good LooksEasy Bolt-On Installation$117.48 - $546.38
- Corsa® Touring Series Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemTouring Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System by Corsa®, Dual Rear Exit. 2.5" Tubing. 3.5" Twin Pro-Series Tips. The patented Reflective Sound Cancellation (RFC) technology provides a unique combination of a Reserved,...Reserved but Distinctive Performance ToneNo Drone at Touring Speeds$923.89 - $1,569.00
- MBRP® Exhaust SystemExhaust System by MBRP®. Black is the new chrome, they say. And it’s hard to argue with the compelling look of a "murdered-out" custom car or truck, with every piece of brightwork done in black or flat black. MBRP has the final...Mellow, authoritative exhaust note16 GA aluminized steel construction$184.49 - $1,204.99
- PaceSetter® Shorty HeadersShort Tube Exhaust Header by PaceSetter®. Mild Steel. Finish: Black Painted. Manufactured using mandrel-bent, 16-gauge mild steel tubing and port-matched, CNC-machined, 3/8"-thick head flanges. They are designed for the best...Machined flanges and 16-gauge primaries, just like race long tubesPollution control hook ups$165.82 - $414.08
- aFe® Exhaust TipExhaust Tip by aFe®. This stylish exhaust tip will be the finishing touch for any exhaust system. Made of the finest stainless steel, it's available in a highly polished finish or powder coated wrinkle black. Each features the aFe...$55.00 - $595.00
Guides & Articles
- Performance Exhaust SystemsHere's A "Tip": Exhaust Tips Are An Easy Way To Dress Up Your TailpipePerformance exhaust systems give you improvements in power output, sound levels, and appearance, all in one package. But let's face it: not everyone has the spare change to buy and bolt up one of these kits. So you soldier on with what you have. And that may be a tired-looking exhaust system that is still functional. You've spent all day washing and waxing the vehicle's paint and chrome to perfection, but no degree of elbow grease will make that tailpipe look better.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre Headers Worth The Performance Improvement?Engines have often been compared to air pumps, because the engine that’s most efficient in terms of economy and power is the one that can get air in and out of its cylinders the easiest. That’s why most performance modifications like conical air filters, cold air intake systems, headers, and cat-back exhaust systems are aimed at making the intake and exhaust systems less restrictive. These parts increase the flow of air into the engine and ease the flow of exhaust gas out of the engine. Among these components, headers may be the most difficult to install. In this article, we’ll discuss what headers do, their different types, and how much performance they can add to your car.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre X-pipes and H-pipes Better Than Straight Pipes on Dual Exhaust Systems?You may be wondering why so many aftermarket performance exhaust system manufacturers are offering dual exhaust systems connected by "H-pipe" or "X-pipe" sections. After all, aren't two separate pipes, or so-called "true duals", the best for performance? The answer is no, but to understand why we have to examine how a typical internal combustion engine works.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsPower, Sound, Looks | Can I Have It All With a Cat-Back Exhaust System?It's an age-old question that many have asked. Will an aftermarket exhaust be worth the expense? While they definitely can be, an important question to ask yourself is do you care more about the deeper sound they’re designed to produce, or the added performance gained from being less restrictive? As car enthusiasts, we’ve become accustomed to associating the sound of a car with its exhaust. After all, doesn’t everyone have a childhood memory or two of a car and the particular sound it made?
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Replacement Exhaust PartsDirect Fit vs. Universal MufflersRegardless of whether you're shopping for a simple replacement muffler that delivers original equipment (OE) sound and performance or an upgraded muffler which provides a deeper growl with increased power through freer exhaust flow, you'll see choices between "direct fit" mufflers and "universal" mufflers. In this article, we'll help you understand the differences between these two styles so you can make a more informed purchase.
GMC Suburban Performance Exhaust Systems Reviews
1996 Buick Century