The GMC Jimmy holds its own quite well on the roads, both rough and smooth, within the city and in the country. Boost the performance of the Jimmy engine with a brand new performance exhaust system from CARiD for exemplary towing power no matter what terrain you end up driving on. CARiD’s selection of superior quality exhaust systems for the GMC Jimmy includes exhausts from top manufacturers Flowmaster and Gibson. Go for the exhaust system designed for your engine size and specifications in order to reap maximum benefits from the upgrade. With the right exhaust, this can be anything between 7% and 10% additional power. If your power craving is insatiable still, add a performance exhaust component such as a header, muffler or catalytic converter from dB, MagnaFlow, RBP or Onki and watch overall engine power output increase by as much as 20hp. Note that the overall increase in power and performance level may be impacted further by additional modifications you carry out on the car.
A great sounding exhaust note appeals to every driver and the custom GMC Jimmy ensures that you get the best possible sound a custom upgrade can give. Sound levels vary between exhaust systems but overall, what you get is a deeper, heartier roar which is audibly different from the stock exhaust note. Most of the exhaust systems give a more aggressive note when you hit higher rpm. One thing they all have in common though is that they manage to block all in-cabin resonance, making it possible to enjoy a really quiet ride. Our GMC Jimmy custom exhaust systems offer good value for money. Not only are they durable, they are also designed to sustain their superior levels of performance throughout their lifespan, which is the entire period during which you own the car. Throughout this time, you won’t ever have to spend on an exhaust upgrade again.
- Gibson® Exhaust SystemAmerican Muscle Car™ Exhaust System by Gibson®. Straight Out The Back Exit. Let the engine in your muscle car breathe and make it sound like a real muscle car with an American Muscle Car Aluminized Steel Cat-Back Exhaust. The...CNC mandrel bent exhaust tubingImproved performance$222.79 - $1,189.18
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. If your cat needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with little or...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$202.84 - $1,748.68
- aFe® Exhaust TipExhaust Tip by aFe®. This stylish exhaust tip will be the finishing touch for any exhaust system. Made of the finest stainless steel, it's available in a highly polished finish or powder coated wrinkle black. Each features the aFe...$55.00 - $595.00
- DynoMax® Super Turbo™ MufflerSuper Turbo™ Muffler by DynoMax®. Get improved exhaust flow and reduced back pressure for better performance, and a mellow tone without annoying interior resonance, with this Super Turbo Muffler. Its patented flow directors and...Constructed to increase horsepower and torque thanks to improved exhaust flowAluminized steel Super Turbo muffler maintains a mellow performance tone$48.27 - $175.03
- Flowmaster® Force II™ Exhaust SystemsForce II™ Exhaust System by Flowmaster®. The Force II Series is designed for a mild, moderate, or mild - moderate performance tone experience (depends on application and exhaust type), suitable for everyday street driving. The...$278.97 - $1,512.97
- Banks® Stinger™ Exhaust SystemStinger™ Exhaust System by Banks®. With its engineered exhaust, intake and fuel management upgrades, economical Stinger adds impressive power, efficiency and durability—and sounds great doing it! The Banks Power Dual Exhaust...$388.80 - $2,441.07
- Flowmaster® Pipe KitUniversal Scavenger X-Pipe Kit by Flowmaster®. The Patented D-Port design of the Scavenger X-Pipe Kit creates a low-pressure area where the exhaust pulse from one pipe helps pull the next exhaust pulse from the other pipe out of...$71.08 - $373.93
- Gibson® Swept Side™ Exhaust SystemSwept Side™ Exhaust System by Gibson®. Get increased horsepower and torque in the rpm range where you need it most, with this Swept Side Cat-Back Exhaust System. This Gibson exhaust system makes maximum low end power, which is...$233.91 - $763.90
- Banks® PowerPack™ Exhaust SystemPowerPack™ Exhaust System by Banks®. Improve performance and economy with a Banks Monster Exhaust system. Increased pipe size is only part of it. Banks uses constant-diameter mandrel bending to keep their stainless steel pipes...Increased Horsepower Performance: Up to 100 hpIncreased Torque Performance: Up to 175 ft. lbs.$358.75 - $2,798.00
- DynoMax® Super Turbo™ Exhaust SystemSuper Turbo™ Exhaust System by DynoMax®. Get improved exhaust flow and reduced back pressure for better performance, and a mellow performance exhaust tone without annoying interior resonance, with this axle-back exhaust system....Constructed to increase horsepower and torque thanks to improved exhaust flowSuper Turbo muffler will maintain a mellow performance tone$98.98 - $230.15
- Hooker® Performance Header-Back Exhaust SystemPerformance Header-Back Exhaust Systems by Hooker®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Hooker will...Expertly crafted from premium materialsDesigned to match rigorous quality standards$194.95 - $913.95
- Hooker® Performance Manifold-Back Exhaust SystemPerformance Manifold-Back Exhaust Systems by Hooker®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Hooker will...Reducer Flex-TubesReduces Backpressure$228.95
- Hooker® Super Competition™ Exhaust SystemSuper Competition™ Cat-Back Exhaust System with Tips by Hooker®. Muffler Series: Super Competition™. Main Piping Diameter: 2.5". Muffler Quantity: Dual. System Type: Cat-Back. Includes: natural finish mufflers, H-Pipe, Tips....Mandrel Bent Not Press BentConsistent Inside Diameter$228.95 - $733.95
- Buddy Club® Spec II Exhaust SystemSpec II Exhaust System by Buddy Club®. The Buddy Club Spec II muffler is a light weight and highly efficient muffler that is made to perform for circuit run. In its street version, to optimize torque in the low to mid speed range,...Specially designed system for competition use onlyIncrease of exhaust gas velocity in order to improve efficiency$40.00 - $600.00
- Flowtech® Afterburner™ HeaderAfterburner Series Headers by Flowtech®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Flowtech Exhausts will...Innovative design for small block Chevy equipped vehiclesIncreases both horsepower and torque Large 3" secondary collector$232.95 - $427.95
Guides & Articles
- Performance Exhaust SystemsHere's A "Tip": Exhaust Tips Are An Easy Way To Dress Up Your TailpipePerformance exhaust systems give you improvements in power output, sound levels, and appearance, all in one package. But let's face it: not everyone has the spare change to buy and bolt up one of these kits. So you soldier on with what you have. And that may be a tired-looking exhaust system that is still functional. You've spent all day washing and waxing the vehicle's paint and chrome to perfection, but no degree of elbow grease will make that tailpipe look better.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre Headers Worth The Performance Improvement?Engines have often been compared to air pumps, because the engine that’s most efficient in terms of economy and power is the one that can get air in and out of its cylinders the easiest. That’s why most performance modifications like conical air filters, cold air intake systems, headers, and cat-back exhaust systems are aimed at making the intake and exhaust systems less restrictive. These parts increase the flow of air into the engine and ease the flow of exhaust gas out of the engine. Among these components, headers may be the most difficult to install. In this article, we’ll discuss what headers do, their different types, and how much performance they can add to your car.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre X-pipes and H-pipes Better Than Straight Pipes on Dual Exhaust Systems?You may be wondering why so many aftermarket performance exhaust system manufacturers are offering dual exhaust systems connected by "H-pipe" or "X-pipe" sections. After all, aren't two separate pipes, or so-called "true duals", the best for performance? The answer is no, but to understand why we have to examine how a typical internal combustion engine works.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsPower, Sound, Looks | Can I Have It All With a Cat-Back Exhaust System?It's an age-old question that many have asked. Will an aftermarket exhaust be worth the expense? While they definitely can be, an important question to ask yourself is do you care more about the deeper sound they’re designed to produce, or the added performance gained from being less restrictive? As car enthusiasts, we’ve become accustomed to associating the sound of a car with its exhaust. After all, doesn’t everyone have a childhood memory or two of a car and the particular sound it made?
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Replacement Exhaust PartsDirect Fit vs. Universal MufflersRegardless of whether you're shopping for a simple replacement muffler that delivers original equipment (OE) sound and performance or an upgraded muffler which provides a deeper growl with increased power through freer exhaust flow, you'll see choices between "direct fit" mufflers and "universal" mufflers. In this article, we'll help you understand the differences between these two styles so you can make a more informed purchase.
- Walker® Y-Pipe$56.05 - $95.62
GMC Jimmy Performance Exhaust Systems Reviews
1996 Buick Century