Whether it is a light trailer hitch or a heavy duty version, having one in place is the most imperative requirement if you intend to attach a trailer to your vehicle and tow it along wherever you go. The most important requisite is to select a Ford Transit trailer hitch that conforms to the individual needs of the trailer in question and it is always better to select one that caters for a higher weight requirement than what your vehicle has. At CARiD, you may come across spring bars and long rods meant to be attached to the back of the vehicle, in which case you can be sure that you are looking at a weight distributing hitch. Such a hitch works by ensuring uniform distribution of weight between the front and rear wheels of the vehicle in front by providing leverage on the frame of the vehicle. Ford Transit trailer hitches could be of other types as well and they are mostly categorized into different classes depending on their weight carrying capacity.
Along with a trailer hitch, you would require a hitch ball mount which is a steel tube that is square in shape and is equipped with a mounting plate meant to hold the hitch ball in place. Also known as a stinger or a draw bar, the ball in the hitch ball mount can be easily replaced and is held in place by a special pin. How would the trailer hitch negotiate bumps and dips that are an inevitable part of any road journey? This is where the hitch ball comes into the picture since it provides the flexibility your Transit requires to continue traveling smoothly over the ups and downs. Around the trailer hitch there are many cables that are hanging and all of these are attached by means of a hitch pin. Holding the ball mount within the hitch is another function of the hitch pin.
Here at CARiD we have a loyal set of customers, and they are very involved with their cars. That means using them in many ways, or racing them or towing them to car shows on trailers. They know towing, is what we’re saying. And 66 of them left a number of reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. We know you’ll feel the same way after towing your toys around, whether it’s a race car, a trailer full of quads or motorcycles or personal watercraft or full-on camper. CARiD has the parts you need to support your hobby!
- Eurosport Daytona® - Ford Racing Logo on Black Premium Hitch PlugStarting at: $59.95$59.95
- Bully® - Chrome Hitch Cover with Ford LogoStarting at: $28.97$28.97
- DWD® - Hitch Cover with Built Ford Tough LogoStarting at: $20.99$20.99
- Reese® - Class 3 Professional Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $144.98$144.98
- Draw-Tite® - Class 3 Max-Frame Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $144.98$144.98
- Hidden Hitch® - Class 3 Max-Frame Round Tube Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $144.98$144.98
- Hopkins® - Towing Wiring HarnessesStarting at: $73.63$73.63
- Blue Ox® - Tow Bar BracketStarting at: $379.99$379.99
- DefenderWorx® - Ford Style Silver Hitch CoverStarting at: $68.08$68.08
- Autogold® - Chrome Hitch Cover with Ford LogoStarting at: $37.42$37.42
"This is a wonderful fitting hitch. Nice looking."
"Directions were very straight forward and easy to follow. Hitch is simple and somewhat hidden. Maybe the very showy Hidden Hitch decal is not needed and is also not very Hidden. Not sure why we needed to cut the exhaust shield in half, but it may have had some reason. Good installation of quality hitch."
"Fits very well, I'm happy with the look. I have no complaints."
"Love it! It looks very good on my car!"
"I have been looking at these for a while, and very glad I have one now. First day at work and it did its job, prevented another ding on my bumper and shows no signs of the hit on the bar. Very tough bar... Love it!"