An exhaust system is specially designed to carry waste gases and other combustion products away from the engine, which allows the vehicle to operate with minimal smoke, noise, and pollution transmitted to the environment. The functions of all exhaust units are linked like a chain and if one component is faulty, the whole system will be out of action. When you are in need of any replacement exhaust part for your Ford Mustang, our site is the place you have to be. We offer you a wide selection of replacement exhaust parts including exhaust pipes, mufflers, resonators, etc. for your Ford.
This section was specially created for those who are looking for a replacement muffler or resonator to restore the exhaust system of their Ford Mustang to its peak performance. The exhaust muffler is designed to reduce the growling sounds caused by exhaust flow. A resonator decreases the noise the muffler couldn’t adequately reduce. So you will probably hear when it’s high time to replace these parts. All Ford Mustang exhaust mufflers & resonators on offer are designed especially for your Ford, so you can be sure that a precise fit is guaranteed. Cooperating with well-known manufacturers such as Walker, AP Exhaust, Bosal, Fel-Pro, Borla, and many others that can be counted for quality, we provide you with premium replacement parts at attractive prices.
- Walker® SoundFX™ Direct Fit MufflerSoundFX™ Direct Fit Muffler by Walker®. This muffler is the right choice if you opt for quality acoustics and performance. Walker offers 100% aluminized steel SoundFX Mufflers with direct fit and universal fit options available,...$25.89 - $125.19
- Walker® SoundFX™ Universal Fit MufflerSoundFX Universal Muffler Fit by Walker®. This muffler is the right choice if you opt for quality acoustics and performance. Walker offers 100% aluminized steel SoundFX Mufflers with direct fit and universal fit options available,...Designed to deliver ultimate performance and pleasing sound qualityMay require a few modifications to install$24.06 - $32.61
- Walker® Tru-Fit Universal Fit MufflerTru-Fit Universal Muffler by Walker®. The Tru-Fit Universal Muffler is designed to provide installers and DIY users with optimum performance and quality acoustics at an affordable price. This 100% aluminized steel muffler features...$2.79 - $34.68
- Walker® Quiet-Flow™ MufflerQuiet-Flow Muffler by Walker®. Together with delivering OE-style sound, the Quiet-Flow Muffler features 100% steel construction for maximum durability. This part is a perfect choice if you are looking for proper OE-quality...$29.28 - $654.91
- Walker® Exhaust HangerExhaust Hanger by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker accessories, you...$1.32 - $48.20
- Walker® Exhaust Rubber InsulatorExhaust Rubber Insulator by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker...$1.32 - $48.20
- Dorman® Exhaust HangersExhaust Hanger by Dorman®. Dorman’s Exhaust Hanger installs easily to mount the exhaust to the vehicle. The Hanger is constructed from high-quality, heat-resistant materials for long-lasting durability.Direct replacement for a proper fitReplacement restores the exhaust to proper operation$8.30 - $36.75
- AP Exhaust® Exhaust ClampThis superior product was carefully designed with key attention to detail and manufactured from high-grade materials to the strict standards of the highest quality. This AP Exhaust Technologies product ensures superior durability as...Made from first-rate materialsEnsures outstanding durability$2.04 - $28.02
- Fel-Pro® Exhaust Bolt and SpringExhaust Bolt and Spring by Fel-Pro®. If you are looking for quality sealing solutions, Fel-Pro offers you various replacement products from seals and bolts to O-Rings and dowel pins. Engineered using the latest technologies and...Direct OEM replacement for a proper fitEnsure reliable sealing performance$9.22 - $10.15
- Borla® Crate MufflerStainless Steel Crate Muffler by Borla®. Muffler Body Material: Stainless Steel. Muffler Body Length: 14". Muffler Body Height: 4.35". Muffler Body Width: 9.1". Muffler Body Shape: Oval. Give your ride the sound it deserves!...Made of High Quality Stainless SteelAvailable in various sizes and sound levels$220.99 - $241.99
- Hooker® Aero Chamber™ MufflerAero Chamber™ Muffler by Hooker®. Muffler Series: Aero Chamber™. Inlet Diameter: 3". Outlet Diameter: 2.5". Muffler Body Height: 4.75". Muffler Body Width: 10.25". Muffler Body Length: 20". Bi-Directional Turbo Style. The all...Reinforced Inlets and OutletsStainless Steel Perforated Plate eliminates Internal Rust$77.09 - $99.42
- DynoMax® Super Turbo™ MufflerSuper Turbo™ Muffler by DynoMax®. Get improved exhaust flow and reduced back pressure for better performance, and a mellow tone without annoying interior resonance, with this Super Turbo Muffler. Its patented flow directors and...Constructed to increase horsepower and torque thanks to improved exhaust flowAluminized steel Super Turbo muffler maintains a mellow performance tone$48.86 - $152.61
- DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ Polished Stainless Steel MufflerUltra Flo™ Polished Stainless Steel Muffler by DynoMax®. This muffler packs straight-through design for unrestricted exhaust flow and a dyno-proven increase in power inside a polished stainless steel shell that delivers a show...Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueEngineered to give your car a deep performance tone$71.00 - $327.65
- DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ Welded MufflerThis muffler-back exhaust system includes pipe, clamps, tip, and Ultra Flo Welded muffler that features unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in power and maintains a deep throaty tone while absorbing...Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueEngineered to give your car a deep performance tone$66.15 - $216.24
- DynoMax® VT™ MufflerVT™ Muffler by DynoMax®. The revolutionary DynoMax VT performance muffler will give your vehicle a deep, throaty sound and eliminate drone while increasing exhaust flow and horsepower. It is built using the exclusive DynoMax...Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueExclusive DynoMax Valve Technology delivers on-demand, drone-free performance and sound$90.87 - $244.04
The Ford Mustang muffler consists of metal plates and tubes with multiple holes in them. Between the tubes, there are chambers that cancel out the unwanted frequencies and suppress the annoying noise. Once the sound waves and exhaust gases move into the muffler through the center tube, they bounce off the back wall of the unit and then come back out into the main body. That creates waves that have the opposite amplitude, which makes them cancel each other out.
The chamber where the process of wave collision occurs is called the resonator. Its size is precisely calculated so that the process runs smoothly. The principle that the device works on is pretty simple. When the high-pressure sound wave that is coming out from the first chamber meets the reflected low-pressure wave, they cancel each other out because the two waves add up to zero. That's the way the muffler reduces that tremendous amount of noise produced by the engine.
Another important characteristic of the muffler is that its body is constructed in three layers: two thin metal layers with a thicker insulated layer between them. Such a structure allows the unit to absorb some of the pressure pulses. The muffler itself is manufactured from sturdy materials such as stainless steel and aluminum-coated steel. That ensures the part to function for a long period of time. And the better your muffler operates, the greater performance your vehicle offers.