When you visit CARiD with the intention of acquiring a trailer hitch for your Ford Five Hundred, you ought to be prepared for the fact that there are a variety of Ford Five Hundred trailer hitches waiting for you. It is but natural for the first reaction to be that of utter confusion especially if it is your first time in purchasing this equipment, but the trick lies in overcoming the fear by gathering information pertaining to the subject. Information is best gathered at a place that is specialized in such auto accessories, and CARiD would be the first choice in this regard. At the end of research you will appreciate that the right trailer hitch for you could be weight carrying, weight distributing, front mount or a rear mount hitch.
Ford Five Hundred trailer hitches of the weight carrying type are ones that are unbalanced due to the uneven spread of the load and hence the onus is on the user to counterbalance the weight with the weight of the towing vehicle. In sharp contrast are weight-distributing hitches, which divide the weight evenly amongst the four wheels of the main vehicle. Then there is the front mount hitch which, contrary to popular opinion, is attached to the front of the towing vehicle. As opposed to their more commonly seen counterparts, namely the rear mount trailer hitches, these are convenient not just in terms of installation but also for keeping an eye on the trailer. Last but not least is the rear mount hitch, which tags along behind the vehicle and needs to be checked upon from time to time when in use. Knowing the difference as also the pros and cons of each would help in identifying the model that is best suited for your individual hauling needs.
Here at CARiD we have a loyal set of customers, and they are very involved with their cars. That means using them in many ways, or racing them or towing them to car shows on trailers. They know towing, is what we’re saying. And 66 of them left a number of reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. We know you’ll feel the same way after towing your toys around, whether it’s a race car, a trailer full of quads or motorcycles or personal watercraft or full-on camper. CARiD has the parts you need to support your hobby!
- Eurosport Daytona® - Built Ford Tough Logo on Diamond Plate Premium Hitch PlugStarting at: $59.95$59.95
- Bully® - Oval LED Hitch Cover with Brake Light Ford LogoStarting at: $37.33$37.33
- DWD® - Hitch Cover with Ford LogoStarting at: $20.99$20.99
- Pro Series® - Rear Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $132.92$132.92
- Draw-Tite® - Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $159.68$159.68
- CURT® - ConnectorStarting at: $24.24$24.24
- Hidden Hitch® - Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $159.68$159.68
- DefenderWorx® - Ford Style Silver Hitch CoverStarting at: $68.08$68.08
- Autogold® - Chrome Hitch Cover with Ford LogoStarting at: $37.42$37.42
- Cequent® - Class 1/2 Ball Mount for 1-1/4" ReceiversStarting at: $24.95$24.95
"This is a wonderful fitting hitch. Nice looking."
"Directions were very straight forward and easy to follow. Hitch is simple and somewhat hidden. Maybe the very showy Hidden Hitch decal is not needed and is also not very Hidden. Not sure why we needed to cut the exhaust shield in half, but it may have had some reason. Good installation of quality hitch."
"Fits very well, I'm happy with the look. I have no complaints."
"Love it! It looks very good on my car!"
"I have been looking at these for a while, and very glad I have one now. First day at work and it did its job, prevented another ding on my bumper and shows no signs of the hit on the bar. Very tough bar... Love it!"