- ACCELERA® OMIKRON$118.11 - $162.90
- ACHILLES® DESERT HAWK UHP$98.48 - $136.44
- AMP® MUD TERRAIN ATTACK$225.00 - $330.00
- BFGOODRICH® ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO$150.22 - $541.89
- BRIDGESTONE® BLIZZAK DM-V2$155.30 - $318.12
- CAPITOL® CAPITOL A/T$102.60 - $162.50
- CONTINENTAL® CONTITRAC$131.03 - $277.61
- COOPER® DISCOVERER A/T3$123.70 - $376.28
About Ford Excursion Tires
The Ford Excursion is a favorite among families. It’s not difficult to see why. This vehicle has a spacious cabin, attractively styled to provide a comfortable ride quality. It has a powerful engine and an incredible towing capacity. Providing the most appropriate wheels for your car will go a long way in ensuring superb performance, safety and an acceptable ride quality. CARiD stocks Ford Excursion tires from the most reliable brands in the industry. They carry high-end merchandise from prestigious entities such as Pirelli and Michelin. They also stock the more affordable brands to meet the demands of budget-minded customers. One may want to imagine that any tire can work on all types of roads and in all seasons. However, this is not the case. There are different types of tires made to suit specific seasons and conditions. For instance, summer tires are suited for warm weather. Winter tires on the other hand function best in low temperature regions. They have a high braking force and possess amazing traction on snow and ice.
Regular tires will perform well on regular roads in urban areas. However, if you wish to take off on some off roader tour in the countryside then you need a set of all terrain tires. These tires are equipped to handle the rough tracks in the wilderness. You may also want to have a run-flat tire to use. This type of wheel allows you to move on even with a damaged tire. In all situations ensure that you have fitted a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on each tire to monitor the status of each wheel. This device sends off data to the vehicle’s computer regarding air pressure and temperature. Your tires should always be in good condition. Typically, the tire threads are affected by the age of the tire. Reduced threads hamper the flow of air through the grooves thereby leading to heat buildup. This affects the performance of the tire in a negative manner.
Guides & Articles
- TiresYou Say You Want Ridiculously Huge Tires?If you’re looking to improve the off-road capability of your 4X4, or simply want to give it a tougher look, larger, more aggressive tires are most likely on your wish list. To accommodate the larger tire, we’ll need to increase the height between the vehicle frame and the axles with a lift kit. Here are several advices to get the right lift kit.
- TiresThe Hidden Secrets of Tires.Tires are hiding lots of engineering secrets inside their black rubber casings, and the variations in tire builds are endless. Even the black rubber itself is full of high tech and carefully guarded secrets. Each component in the mix contributes a specific set of properties that the manufacturer wants in the finished tire. The hidden secrets of modern tires are very difficult to uncover even when the tires are worn out.
- Wheels & RimsAre Bigger Wheels Better Wheels?Replacing a standard size steel wheel with the same size of cast light alloy wheel improves performance and road-holding considerably, without any reduction in comfort. Further improvement in road-holding comes with increased wheel size, combined with a corresponding reduction in the height of the tire walls, a procedure called “Plus-Sizing”.
- TiresReplacing Your Original Factory Tires 101.If you are not satisfied with the way your car drives, get new tires of the same size and characteristics. Look at the side of the worn-out tire and make sure that your new tires have the same key dimensions and ratings. The tire sidewall not only proudly displays the name of the manufacturer, it also features three sets of codes that give you key information about the tire.
- Wheels & RimsOriginal Wheels Not Good Enough?Many car enthusiasts fit custom wheels today. That is why there is a big market for lightweight custom wheels. Offering much more than just a look, they are available in a wide choice of designs, fitments and properties that cater to individual tastes and needs or car enthusiasts.
- TiresTire Basics for Dummies.Finding the right tire to fit on a vehicle is not easy. There are different profile tires, there are different rubber compounds and there are tire tread patterns for all kinds of weather conditions. The tires you buy must have a load rating and a speed classification that fit your vehicle.