Ford Escort Trailer Hitches
It does not matter if you are using a small car or a large truck for pulling trailers because they all have one thing in common, namely weight distribution. If pulling too much weight or if the weight on the trailer is not evenly distributed over each axle then it could be a disaster. Ford Escort trailer hitches can be hard to pull not to mention you will not have much control over it when zipping down the open highway. Always make sure your Escort is pulling a trailer that is not over the requirements on the weight. Have you ever driven a vehicle and wondered if they must be having some large boulders in the trunk? The trunk looks like it can almost touch the ground while the front of the car looks like it is going to leave the pavement. This is the same way your car will look if the weight of the trailer is too much. When this happens the steering becomes harder to handle not to mention the brakes will struggle to get everything stopped properly.
There are actually models that are called weight distributing but, these are for the monster loads usually pulled by trucks. With the Ford Escort trailer hitches you will just need to make sure the weight is evenly distributed since this is not a truck that can handle a monster load. A very important factor to know before deciding which hitch to purchase is the towing maximum your car can handle. It is also important to know the tongue weight capacity of the car. The easiest place to obtain this information is in your car’s owner manual. If you no longer have this at hand, then the local dealership can find out for you. Once you’ve decided to buy one, rest assured that there are plenty of hitches to choose from at CARiD.
Here at CARiD we have a loyal set of customers, and they are very involved with their cars. That means using them in many ways, or racing them or towing them to car shows on trailers. They know towing, is what we’re saying. And 66 of them left a number of reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. We know you’ll feel the same way after towing your toys around, whether it’s a race car, a trailer full of quads or motorcycles or personal watercraft or full-on camper. CARiD has the parts you need to support your hobby!
- Eurosport Daytona® - Ford Racing Logo on Black Premium Hitch PlugStarting at: $59.95$59.95
- DWD® - Hitch Cover with Built Ford Tough LogoStarting at: $20.99$20.99
- Bully® - Chrome Hitch Cover with Ford LogoStarting at: $28.97$28.97
- CURT® - Rear Trailer Hitch with Receiver Opening with Fixed Draw BarStarting at: $156.01$156.01
- Draw-Tite® - Class 1 Sportframe Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $143.24$143.24
- Hopkins® - Towing Wiring HarnessesStarting at: $73.63$73.63
- DefenderWorx® - Ford Style Hitch CoverStarting at: $57.67$57.67
- Autogold® - Chrome Hitch Cover with Ford LogoStarting at: $37.42$37.42
- Cequent® - Class 1/2 Ball Mount for 1-1/4" ReceiversStarting at: $24.95$24.95
- CURT® - Class 1/2 No Drop Ball Mount for 1-1/4" ReceiversStarting at: $17.87$17.87
"This is a wonderful fitting hitch. Nice looking."
"Directions were very straight forward and easy to follow. Hitch is simple and somewhat hidden. Maybe the very showy Hidden Hitch decal is not needed and is also not very Hidden. Not sure why we needed to cut the exhaust shield in half, but it may have had some reason. Good installation of quality hitch."
"Fits very well, I'm happy with the look. I have no complaints."
"Love it! It looks very good on my car!"
"I have been looking at these for a while, and very glad I have one now. First day at work and it did its job, prevented another ding on my bumper and shows no signs of the hit on the bar. Very tough bar... Love it!"