Ford Escape Trailer Hitches
If this is the first time for you are trying to install a hitch you may feel a little overwhelmed. Before getting all stressed, bear in mind that it is not a hard task and although there are professionals that can do the job for you, many people have had success the DIY way as well. Each hitch comes with its own set of easy to follow instructions and there are usually tips provided to make the installation a breeze. All you need to do is read the instructions pertaining to Ford Escape trailer hitches and match all the parts to the names. Now look at the diagram and start putting the parts in place. Many hitches are also accompanied by a template, which helps you align the holes correctly and assures you that you purchased the proper size of hitch.
When installing the Ford Escape trailer hitch, it might be necessary to jack the rear up a little as this will serve to enhance the working space. It might become necessary to loosen the rear bumper or even the exhaust system. Just remember whatever bolts are loosened will need to be tightened once the hitch is in place. The hitch might come with some wires. These will need to be installed properly. But this is also not a problem as the manual will show exact details on how the wires need to go. The wires are for making sure the brake lights and turn signals on the trailer work properly. Handymen who love to modify must refrain in case of hitches because each hitch is designed precisely. Therefore even a slight modification would mean that there is a chance of the hitch failing while cruising down the highway. Ready to tow a trailer on your Ford Escape? There are plenty of Ford Escape trailer hitches available at CARiD that are easy to install. Get one of these.
- CURT® Trailer HitchTrailer Hitch by CURT®. These receiver hitches allow you to add a hitch receiver to replace the factory bumper ball mount. This means the hitch ball and its ball mount can be removed and stowed when not trailering. It also allows...
$25.01from $20.01 - $266.00# 663
- CURT® Towing Wiring HarnessTowing Wiring Harness by CURT®. This provides all you need to connect a trailer to the tow vehicle. Generous length allows plenty of wire. Female end is for tow vehicle, male end for trailer. You can cut it to appropriate length to...
$11.79from $9.43 - $223.24# 7830
- Pro Series® Trailer HitchTrailer Hitch by Pro Series®. A sturdy hitch from Pro Series is engineered and built from the ground up to fit your vehicle perfectly, and allow you to tow safely and easily.
$51.68from $41.34 - $151.38# 932
- CURT® Front Trailer HitchFront Trailer Hitch by CURT®. These receiver hitches allow you to add a hitch receiver to replace the factory bumper ball mount. This means the hitch ball and its ball mount can be removed and stowed when not trailering. It also...
$27.45from $21.96 - $226.03# 664
- Tow Ready® T-One Connector AssemblyT-One Connector Assembly by Tow Ready®. T-One Connectors require no splicing of wires. Simply locate your vehicles wiring harness connector, unplug the connection and insert the T-Connector into the vehicle's harness. No special...
$14.11from $11.29 - $87.26# 935
- Hidden Hitch® Trailer HitchTrailer Hitch by Hidden Hitch®. Hidded Hitch is the premium trailer hitch manufacturer in the towing field. A sturdy hitch from Hidded Hitch is engineered and built from the ground up to fit your vehicle perfectly, and allow you to...
$46.53from $37.22 - $212.56# 929
- Draw-Tite® Trailer HitchTrailer Hitch by Draw-Tite®. A sturdy hitch from Draw-Tite is engineered and built from the ground up to fit your vehicle perfectly, and allow you to tow safely and easily.
$46.53from $37.22 - $266.80# 923
- Reese® Trailer HitchTrailer Hitch by Reese®. Install a trailer hitch between the frame rails of your truck, whether it's a stake truck, service body, pickup or motorhome. These are custom installations, and may require welding, additional parts like...
$51.68from $41.34 - $665.14# 930
- Westin® Trailer HitchesWestin's Receiver Hitches feature a round tube design, with some applications featuring a square tube design based on specific allowances or limitations. All feature a Westin quality textured black powder coat finish to match...
$111.60from $89.28 - $170.35# 5049
- Tow Ready® Replacement OEM HarnessReplacement OEM Harness by Tow Ready®. Wire up your tow vehicle and trailer with whatever it takes to get your trailer lights on, the electric brakes slowing down, and the trailer battery charging. From simple wiring connectors, to...
$14.11from $11.29 - $61.55# 936
- Hopkins® Impulse™ Digital Brake ControlImpulse™ Digital Brake Control by Hopkins®. Designed for ultimate convenience and safety, the brake control solves the problem of inconvenient mounting, out of reach controls and difficult to see displays of traditional brake...
$18.14from $14.51 - $78.84# 2863
- CARR® HD Universal Hitch StepHD Universal Hitch Step by CARR®. Give your truck a distinctive custom touch and get complete and easy cargo access with this heavy-duty step. Specially designed non-slip tread pattern ensures safe and effective use, while unique...
- Hopkins® Towing Wiring HarnessesTowing Wiring Harnesses by Hopkins®. Unplug your vehicle's factory wiring harness and plug in a Hopkins vehicle wiring harness. That's how easy trailer wiring is with a Plug-In-Simple! wiring kit, featuring Exact OEM Fit connectors...
$16.45from $13.16 - $95.40# 2849
- CARR® Mega Hitch StepMega Hitch Step by CARR®. It's not that easy to reach certain areas on trucks or SUVs, but not with this heavy-duty step. It ensures safe and easy access to the vehicle, and is designed to fit all 2'' and 2-1/2'' trailer hitches....
- DefenderWorx® Hitch CoverBillet Hitch Cover is designed to hide that ugly hitch receiver when it is not in use. The cover is made of the highest quality T-6061 Billet Aluminum, and it is available in various colors and options. Sport your manufacturer's...
$50.89from $40.71 - $66.76# 1179
Works great but could be improved by making the wiring longer which would make the installation easier.
- Popular Escape Part Numbers
- Pro Series® 51232 - Class 3 Round Tube Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver Opening (350/3500 Weight Capacity, 500/5000 with Weight Distributing)
- Reese® 44680 - Class 3 / 4 Professional Round Tube Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver Opening (525/3500 Weight Capacity, 525/5250 with Weight Distributing)
- Tow Ready® 118251 - 4-Flat Replacement OEM Tow Package Wiring Harness
- Draw-Tite® 118551 - T-One Connector with Upgraded Circuit Protected ModuLite™ HD Module
- CURT® 56160 - 2 Wire T-Connector (with 4-Way Flat, Circuit Protected and Powered with Relay)
- Hidden Hitch® 90230 - Class 2 Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4" Receiver Opening (300/3500 Weight Capacity)
- Pro Series® 51194 - Class 2 Trailer Hitch with 1-1/4" Receiver Opening (300/3500 Weight Capacity)
- Hidden Hitch® 60030 - 3/8" Packaged Hitch Pin and Clip for 2-5/8" Flat Bar
- Hidden Hitch® 127 - Class 3 / 4 Receiver Plus Ball Mount Kit for 2'' Recievers (2" Drop, 8-1/2" Length, 3/4" Rise, 7500/750 Weight Capacity)
- Hidden Hitch® 80227 - Class 3 Angle Cut Ball Mount for 2'' Recievers (2" Drop, 8-1/2" Length, 3/4" Rise, 7500/750 Weight Capacity)
- Ford Escape Models
- Escape Hybrid Trailer Hitches
- Escape Limited Trailer Hitches
- Escape Limited Hybrid Trailer Hitches
- Escape Limited Plus Trailer Hitches
- Escape S Trailer Hitches
- Escape S Plus Trailer Hitches
- Escape SE Trailer Hitches
- Escape SE Plus Trailer Hitches
- Escape SEL Trailer Hitches
- Escape Titanium Trailer Hitches
- Escape XLS Trailer Hitches
- Escape XLT Trailer Hitches
- Escape XLT Deportivo Trailer Hitches
- Escape XLT No Boundaries Trailer Hitches
- Escape XLT Sport Trailer Hitches